1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

theonejrs

Yes, you can make an ISO file from a burned DVD using just about anything. I use ImgBurn or if I just want one copy I use Nero Express on the fly. There are no DRMs on a properly burned DVD back-up so nothing is needed to help rip it to hdd.

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Garmoon,
    That's the reason I was surprised that Alcohol 120% wouldn't let you make an ISO of it, MDF is the only thing on the drop down menu when I try!

Russ

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ive had alcohol do ISO's before. At least im pretty sure it has.

Here's a 12X iHAP422 burned at 12X. Its been shelved for quite a while. Not bad for TY-R. It always was very agreeable at burning TYG03! I had to scan it at 2X because the lead-in had a super spike somewhere around 120Pif!
    [​IMG]

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    You can make an ISO of a DVD that isn't copy protested with Alcohol, but it won't make one of a of a copy protected one, or DVDRB Output file. You can't make one from a ripped copy that's been burned to a DVD either!

Russ

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...it has been a while since I ran alcohol. Perhaps conditions were proper then(no encryption). I haven't needed to run that application in quite some time.

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

12X Verb +R. Not too bad for another burner that has been out of commission for a while. Optiarc 7200A 1Z3 f/w.
    LOL! The only optiarcs in stock are Beige! ehh, im ok with that. My 7200S does such a good job *Knocks on desk* that I forgive its unusual color. Unusual to my case that is :D Sure wouldn't wanna go ALL beige though...
    [​IMG]

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Speaking of the 7200S LOL! 12X Verb +R

Looking extremely similar to the 7200A's burn!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

got a couple here. not to bad. try and get some more to keep things going.

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

somthing funny here.
    my 7200A doesnt like the officedepot 16x dvd+r's it wont burn them over 4x speed.i was loosing my mind i couldnt get it to burn faster than 4x on like 7 burns. put in a reliable 16x+r verby burnt that bad boy at 16x. got a wonderful 95(as if anything else owuld have come about)... no more officedepot disc for the 7200A. now the 7220S eats them for dinner...lol

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Rob

My 7200S hated the F16 OD +R DVDs, and would not burn them at >4. But the last one I tried it burned it at 8 and that is about as fast as I like to go for ones I keep.

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres an excellent burn! 12X disc to disc. The original was starting to look a little rough LOL! Its one of the best optiarc TYG03 burns yet!!!
    [​IMG]

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres a nice little scan.i did over the weekend. burnt on the AD7220S
    [​IMG]

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOT to bad for you Robert. :D

Been busy with life and such and haven't done much scanning... a couple of burns here and there but NOTHING quite that good in my scans. ;)

BURN ON peoples..... :)

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@gman

meaning you got all 95s and the movies have been pretty bad lately anyway. That's how I see it.

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

something like that.. just got around to watching "there will be blood" and my opinion NOT a good movie... just didn't like it... ;)

I've been getting some older movies that I didn't have in my arsenal like "dirty rotten scoundrels" and "bull durham" .... NOW those are good movies me thinks. :)

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

For sure. for me thats about as good as it gets. i dont have one of the super computers that most of you all have. my little E8400 just chugs along enough to get me by.

BUT
    just wait. i got something instore for the Big Red Machine. might have a new ACE to add to the staff real soon. ;)~

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's the first 12X burn on my new board (GA-MA790X-UD4P). All in all, another average TYG03 burn :D
    [​IMG]

18. pernal

pernal Regular member

My NOS BenQ LS DW1655 buening Sony D21 +R :

Code:
    http://img37.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=benqdvdlsdw1655bcib06ju.png
    Burn On,
    Russell

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's one of the discs from a dual burn. 7200A 1Z3 Firmware. Not too bad at all :D Added a little creativity with photoshop as well :D
    [​IMG]

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well, nero 9 just...Made me very angry LOL! My optiarcs are doing dual burns but the Sammy's wont do it anymore without extreme buffer underrun. Such a shame Imgburn isn't configured to do dual burns(without multiple instances). I get the feeling Imgburn would be coded better!!! I don't know programming very well yet, but I can think of at least a few ways that it could be done, and SMOKE Nero! You can take your "ultra buffer" and put it where the sun don't shine LOL!

It needs to communicate with the burners better. It began burning the inlead on one before the other. With the optiarcs, there always in perfect sync. And since the blanks were inserted at EXACTLY the same time, its inexcusable. I may not be a programmer, but I definitely see a fowl up here. Where it COULD be some kind of hardware issue(Burner), Programming could correct it!