1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Feast your eyes on this puppy! :D

Sorry. It was burned by the 7200S @ 8X

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

There are 95s and there are 95s-that's a fantastic burn!

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...not a fantastic burn, but pretty good for TYG03 anyway. The jitter caught my attention though. Meh, im sure its fine. Better than the originals looking anyway :D 12X iHAP 422
    [​IMG]

4. pernal

pernal Regular member

Here is a good scan:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I burned it on a Philips DVD8701 and scanned with my BenQ LS DW1655.

Burn On,
    Russell

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...apparently my samsungs are not the only burners fowling during dual burn. Now at least two of my optiarcs are not acting the way they used to. Im gonna be very skeptical about my new motherboard southbridge! Right when it increases (Attempts) to 8X, buffer underrun. Im gonna try different HDD's first before I begin eyeing my southbridge. You know the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Well...I didn't obey that law LOL!

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@O7

Shame, I did my virgin DL burn with my Opti 7240S on Watchmen with ImgBurn writing ISO and then burning same at 2.4X on a Verb DL. It was flawless and played properly. I watched 1/3 so far. Long 162 min movie which AnyDVD handled easily.

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Thats a good movie :) Went and saw that one in the theater. Just backed mine up this morning :D

Im wondering if Nero just plain sucks!!! This wouldn't be the first time that it spontaneously screwed itself up. Thankfully imgburn doesn't do that :) Im very close to being done using nero. Works one moment, and not the next. Shoddy programming I guess. I just tried the same process off another drive, and same effect. Weird. It starts one burner before the other, sabotaging itself, and causing buffer underrun. I wish there were another program that can do dual burning. Gonna have to look into that.

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...a 16X burn passed with flying colors. Will post soon.

Ha ha!!! This is one of the best optiarc TYG03 burns Ive had yet. In fact I think IT IS the best! 16X TYG03 Watershield.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I use Nero 8 ultra suite.

I have never had trouble with it-recode. express, or nero burning rom. Mainly used recode for shrinking.

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

O-man7 I have to agree with GARmoonY on this... I've been using Nero 6.6.0.18 for years now and NEVER had issues that were related to the progie itself. ;) I don't know what the most stable version of Nero 8 is but I'm sure the others know. ;) Good luck with that. :)

Nice burn btw. :)

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'm using neroBurn Rom 8321 ultra suite/ there are updates available but this version has been stable on my year old pc and it will never be updated.

greeny 6.6.0.18 was and is still probably the cat's meow. I did get 2 licenses and only spent %50 for nero 8 tho. Still have install disc for 6.6 too.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. Im currently running Nero 9 Suite. (Nero burning Rom 9.0.9.4) Perhaps i'll roll back to a more stable release, and see what happens.

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Hell, I've been using Nero 6.3.1.17 since before I joined AD! I had a brief stint with Nero 7 before I shelved it. I'm from the old school, if it works well, leave it alone! LOL!!

Russ

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yes indeed russ. Im really trying to become a firm believer. "If it ain't broke, DON'T fix it!" LOL. But the thing is, I think the older versions of Nero Vision can't work with MKV files. Which are generally HD 720P files. I could however be mistaken. But surely not Nero 6. Nero 6 has been around a great deal longer than HD.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  15. greensman

greensman Regular member

I don't think Nero 6 works with MKV files... you might have to jump to something like Nero 8 or 9 to get that compatibility. NOT sure of course.. don't mess with them enough to know.. I always use ConvertXtoDVD to take MKV files to the proper format. ;) good luck buddy. ;)

16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    I couldn't tell you! LOL!! There's no HDTV or Blue Ray in my future. I don't watch enough TV to make it worthwhile. I watch about 15 hours a week, tops. The only thing I do try to catch is Jeopardy and Wheel! Once in a while I catch an episode of House. And no, I'm not some old fart stuck in his ways. There's just not very much that's good to watch anymore. Most of the comedies today aren't very funny, just stupid! News is no longer news, it's opinion! Biased Opinion!

Even National Graphic sucks, as they rarely do their homework anymore. I recently saw a Program called "why the Titanic Sank"! It was an absolute farce that included everything but the real facts! A great disservice to the more than 1500 people who died that April night, nearly 100 years ago. It seems that just like the press, they have to tell lies in order to make their show more interesting and appealing. Give me a good F1 race any day! At 1680x1050, it's magnificent!

Russ

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah, I suppose it would be about the same quality as nero to. Seems like I gave that software a chance, once upon a time. Whats really weird is Nero used to encode the darn mkv files, but lately it won't. Really friggin weird. I thought it was simply an audio codec problem, but i've tried multiple other types of Mkv to no avail. Guess i'll try Super again, or ConvertXtodvd again. Too bad. Nero was doing a really good job too :(

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Russ,
    Ive found that as LCD's/tv's advance, so SHOULD we LOL! Dvd does not look good on any modern screen. Coincidence...I THINK NOT LOL! Seriously though. Dvd looks OK, on my monitor, where HD, and Blu ray look awesome to say the least.

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    Why should we buy one just because it's new? I think you may have fallen for the "It's new so it must be better thing"! I disagree about the any modern screen too! That depends largly on the quality of the tube in the set! Mine has the 27" Toshiba Flatscreen CRT, and the picture quality, while not quite as good as the computer monitor, is damn good. Especially playing DVDs! If I was to buy an HDTV, it would be DLP. People can say what they want about all the new tech with LCDs and Plasma, but I can still tell you which ones are DLP, from clear across the Sears store. It's easy, just look for the best picture in the store! BTW, that technology is anything but new. It's based on the same operational concept as the original Columbia mechanical televisions from the early 1950s, but with a more modern ways to make it work! It was a Black and White process, the same as it is with DLP! Light years different in the technology, but built on the same principle!

I feel that anything larger than a 20" widescreen is too large for everyday computer usage. 22's don't have the resolution and 24's are too large for me! Game playing and stuff like that is fine with a 24" and up, but it's just too damn big for work, IMO!

I started wearing glasses about 6-7 years ago, and mine are Bi-Focals. I play a lot of cards (Pinochle), so My focal length for the Bi-Focals is double normal so I can see all the hands around me comfortably. my monitor sits about 22" in front of my eyes, and the 20" widescreen is perfect. I can already do 1080i/1080p with what I have now, as my monitor has a mode for that. I have no idea how to use it, and it would be terrible for working anyway as everything would be smaller! Any larger screen and it kind of overwhelms my eyes. I've tried a couple of friends 22's, and the truth is they hurt my eyes with their crappy resolution, even the ones that are 1680x1050. I'm also not comfortable having to be a minimum of 3 feet away from the screen when I'm working. When I'm testing turbine designs, I have to enter very precise and long strings of data. It would be exceedingly difficult if it were out of my reach, as I check every figure I enter, one digit at a time. If anything is incorrect, such as with the metallurgy, all the data I get back would be worthless and false.

I may change my mind if I get one of these Asus 21.5" 1920x1080!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236053

It's got a 0.248 Pixel Pitch and gives a magnificent picture. Will bought one, and the last I heard from him about it, is it's great! It's small enough to stay comfortably within my focal range, yet not be overwhelming!

To me, HD and Blue Ray are just not worth the price of admission for me! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Another Nero 6.6.0.18 faithful here, no problems of note and i've been using Nero since Victorian times, i'll wager O-man's problems are due to the less than successful Nero 9...

As to Bluray, just not interested, not until movies can only be bought on Bluray. But then there's Bluray rips, now we're talking, there's some awesome quality rips out there, at around the 2GB mark too, makes you wonder what the hell they're padding Bluray discs with for the other 20odd GB or whatever it is!