1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thanks moony

and i agree about nero and the scans,but i have allways gotten better scans out of verbs than i have TY's. no matter what drive i have had and now what CPU i have pushing it. does that mean im not gonna use TY's hell NO, still the best quality,reliability, disc out there..lol

i actually have a 8x-r ty in the 20A4P scanning now that i burn with the 7200S. im liking being able to do some burns again.. heck between not haven the time and nothing worth burning it has been a slow period for me.

and here it is. alot better than the last one..lol this is actually a nice looking scan.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Nice scan and an awesome movie! :)

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

Those aren't bad scans with the TYG02's Rob... but I still wanna see a YUDEN T02 scan. :p

L@@K at dat JITTER on the scan you just posted.... better but there are some "spikes" in the PIE. ;)

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Looks like they were dealt with very effectively by the look of the PIFs since all the PIFs are 2 or under!

Russ

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@rob

Looks like August releases are going to continue the vast wasteland of moviedom.

I actually had 2(+R 16X) verbs in a row defective. One had a die defect, the other had a blotch on the edge and when I looked at it closely, the 2 layers completely separated! Never had that before and can't remember last time I had a bad verb disc. Now I'm afraid of the others that I used off the 100 spindle.

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL garmoon! I've recently seen a few imperfections on my verbs. Rather then chance them, I simply tossed them. My verbs run me roughly 15Cents on average. So it really isn't a big deal to throw a couple out.

Rob, I remember seeing an awesome scan similar to that when I first started buying my verbs at office depot. Well...the first batch was awesome, every batch after has simply been adequate! Take this scan for instance. It was burned at 8X from a VERY reliable 7200A. Though I suppose its used to burning things at 12X. Perhaps i'll post a 12X burn then a 16X burn next. :) Why its not picking up the date or burner model, I don't know. Just one of those weird things I guess LOL! Though the jitter looks good as always. The optiarcs do yield excellent burns, when it comes to jitter.

EDIT - the reason its not picking up the BURNER model is because its a +R dvd. :) Spaced that part LOL! +R's only record that info via Nero Disc Speed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ok. Here are 12X and 16X burns(in that order). It would appear, that these are NOT TYG03 discs LOL! With the TYG03's, they typically get better in quality as I increase the burn speed. Depending on burners capabilities of course. Perhaps in the morning, I'll burn another disc at 4X, and see what happens. I suppose its also possible that my Optiarc is spoiled to TY discs! It burns TY 99% of the time.
    As you can also see, the spikes bare a striking resemblance to one another. Whether its the media, or the burner, im not certain. I think im leaning toward the media though. NO biggie. They are WAY within reason.
    [​IMG]

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

idont think that is the reason OM7 if so why does my +r MCC004 show the burner it was burnt with? it is even being scaned on a entire different drive????
    i dont know the answer to this, as i have wondered the same thing why it shows up and why it dont??
    [​IMG]

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

In my experience, -R's record all of the info ALWAYS. Provided the burner is in tip top shape. +R's only record that info, when Nero Disc Speed is used to burn the +R. If you use imgburn for instance, nero will no longer know what burner burned it.

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Well done ye answered ye own question. :)

I gotta do some scans... I've been so busy with kiddies and all that I don't have the time to scan... just WATCH!!! :D

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ok. Here is the 4X burned on the same optiarc(I have 3). Rather curious. Gonna have to play with this more this weekend.
    [​IMG]

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Doing some backing up on the other tower (Secondary tower). As you can see, the PI E spikes resemble the other burns, which were burned on another tower(Primary). Very interesting. Im not saying these are not adequate. For they are very reasonable burns. I treat my discs like babies. They'll probably outlive me LOL! But it would appear, that this batch is less then desirable. I'll give these discs an A- LOL!

I suppose its possible, that the LH-20A1H has outlived its usefulness though. This would be highly unusual though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i cant buy that either..lol all those burns that i have done up there have been with clonedvd2. nothing to do with nero until i scan it. ill try another now.

here we go
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this time it didnt show the burning drive in nero???? i dont know why it does it sometimes nad sometimes it dont.??????

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Your drive could be dodgy. My iHAP 422 does some weird things now. I can't trust it anymore. I use it to play dvds in real time though. Its thing is fowling up -Rs though. Or perhaps newer software's are capable of burning that info on a +R. In any case, something sounds dodgy, if its not consistent. How many discs has that Optiarc seen? Mine have probably seen 200 each easy.

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

about the same here for me also 200-300 id say. that nothing for these drives.
    tbh i dont think i burnt it on the same drive. cant remember now.
    here is the finished scan of the above burn

[​IMG]

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yup burnt on the same drive same burning program clonedvd2. only difference this last one was a CMC MAG and the others were MCCC004.

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Hmmm. Perhaps CloneDvd's engine is capable of the Verbs then eh. Might have to try that.

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Upgraded my 7200S firmware to 109BT so I could bitset the darn thing. :) As you can see, the scan remains extremely similar. Gonna screw around in the bios either tonight or in the morning, and see if the overclock is fowling up something. Perhaps the HT frequency, perhaps under voltage on either Northbridge/southbridge. Will determine soon.
    [​IMG]

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres a TYG03(Watershield) burned at 12X on a VERY reliable Sammy. At least its given me the best TYG03 burns :) This really has me nervous now. DEFINITELY fooling around tonight.
    [​IMG]

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

OMan7 you is a funny guy. :p I would make sure your system is clean and running smoothly before you mess with the BIOS. What "updates" have you made to your system lately? ODD included!! The first burn is respectable and the Sammy burn isn't to bad for a TYG03!! Remember most drives are gonna give better results with DVD+R discs than DVD-R discs... I'm sure you knew that.... It's NOT 100% the case but it's very high, let me assure you. ;)

I've found that the TYG03 are very picky when it comes to which drives do "well" with them... NOT all drives like them and NOT all TYG03's measure up to TY standards if you ask me... DOn't let the TY people read that. ROFL. :p

YOu have to remember that your PIF's are under 1000 total and under 2 spike size too... NOT to bad on the Jitter for the TYG03 and the MCC004 is definitely respectable. :)

DON'T go crazy trying to find something that isn't there. ;)

"burn" from a HDD that is less than 50% full and make sure you "clean" and "defrag" often enough for however much "activity" you have on that HDD. ;)

HTH........