1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I realize that the scans are still WAYYYY within the standard. In fact most people would be happy with these scans. But since I know how the mentioned drives perform, im noticing a little something, that I would like to learn whats causing it. If I can learn, than everyone will benefit :D The PI E's have been slipping since I switched to this new mainboard. And the failures are slightly higher too. I am FAIRLY adept at tinkering in the bios. I will not fry my baby LOL! :)

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@greeny

Me thinks Mr Omega watches the scans more than he watches the movies he backs up, which will all play and appear the same, very nicely.

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL! I suppose it may seem like im nitpicking. I guess the easiest way to explain it is, "I'm a perfectionist." I was born that way, I will die that way LOL!

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

GARmoonY don't make fun of him... he likes those scans and I understand his "concern". ;)

@Oman7.... you may just have reached a "spot" in the discs that are let's say NOT as good as the others... NO ONE knows but you really.. if the "change" of a MOBO is and issue in your mind by all means have a look at the BIOS and see what you can do.... NOT saying it's not the BIOS or mobo just wanted you to cover the "easy" bases first and see what you get. ;)

5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL russ! Im afraid I got caught up playing GTA IV tonight. I haven't given it any attention in almost a month. Soon as I have my coffee in the morning, I hope to improve my scanning :) I'm sorry you guys don't see what im seeing. You may be right about the bad/B-Grade batch GM. Similar scans on a separate tower. But the TYG03's have my attention. I can dismiss the MCC 004's as being a batch flaw. But the TYG03's do fairly well with the sammy...

One things for sure. I'll get to the bottom of this in the morning.

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

You know...I guess I simply didn't wanna believe that Verbatim could produce less than A+++ media. While the current scans are not what im used to, they are very acceptable. Yet another awesome T02 scan. Not the best, but pretty friggin good.
    [​IMG]

8. pernal

pernal Regular member

This is a scan I did today on my BenQ DW1640.
    I burnned it @12X.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Burn On,
    Russell

9. pernal

pernal Regular member

Here is one with NEC AD7200A @12X and scanned with BenQ DW LS 1655:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Burn On,
    Russell

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@pernal

That 99 is a butt ugly scan. I've never received a 99 grade on my burns with 7200S or 7240S Optis; scanned with Litey LH20A1S. Just 95s and they are all better than that scan but with less scores. You disc will play just like mine tho, so it really doesn't make a hill of beans. Just so I can watch it, copy it, and it plays w/o any noticeable flaws, I'm muy contento.

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

GARmoonY you is so mean. lol. BUTT UGLY, now that's not nice and besides he scanned it on a BENQ drive which has different perameters compared to the LITEON's we use most of the time. :)

The JITTER bothers me more than anything.... I guess I get hooked on that and PIF when it comes to a good scan. :)

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah, greeny, I know. I had 3 of those BQs1650s. My daughter still uses them. I'm faulting the Nero Scan program. It's not consistent. A 5 on a litey ought to receive the same score as a 5 on a BQ or Sony or NEC! A 2 on a Litey gets you the proverbial 95. And a 5 on BQ gets a 99-no way.

I still stand by my butt ugly call. Horrible jitter and over 4K PIFs. and a 99? :p LOL

Sorry pernal was not trying to put you down at all. My bad if it came out that way.

Greesman, I must have forgotten my nice medicine this AM.

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

Do you ever take it?? :p

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well that sucks. Every reputable store I search for a decent lite-on drive, only carries an iHAP drive, or an iHAS. Those models have left a bad taste in my mouth thank you very much LOL! And I don't trust that all ebay sellers are selling NEW drives LOL! I guess I can continue researching the iHAS drives, and see if a particular model has favored better than the others.

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    I was hollering about that more than 3 years ago. Where the hell was everybody that suddenly agrees with me now, back then? LOL!! More damn spikes than a Porcupine, and max of 6 on the PIFs and a 98! I said no way back then, and I'm sticking to it! ROFLMSOAO!!

Russ

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Russ

I was taking my medicine back then!LMFAO

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

fellas your all comparing apples to oranges.
    the benQ's read the info at a all together different way then the liteons we all have and use mostly of. if you was to take those 99's of a benQ and convert them into the same reading strategy that a liteon reads it will come out as a 95 like most liteon scans. it is just the way the benQis designed. the opti's have almost the same reading strategy as the benqs, thats why there scan look simular to them and not a liteon. with the exception of the 7220s(which has the meditek chipset in it)which is liteon.

no onto something different here is another scan done today on a 16x+r verb(MCC004) useing imageburn. i think i got me a awseom cake box here im getting these scan like this allmost everytime out with them. 3111 total PIE's how sweet.
    [​IMG]

then i did this one on the fly disc to disc with clonedvd2
    [​IMG]

EDIT
    i burnt another copy of this on the AD7200A
    i then scanned it on the same drive and got a 98 which would bea 95 on the litey

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...I see rob is getting some awesome media! Perhaps my next batch ♥

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@rob

Assuming what you say is true about the different reasons for scores on different drives (I could not doubt you-'cause I have no idea why, then Nero should take that into account when assigning the final grade. It seems equivalent of a class getting two differenr final exams one easy and one hard and no grading on the curve-you get what you get hard test or easy. The liteys getting the hard test.

I'm not trying to sabotage this thread, but to encourage a civil discussion about the flawed logic of the Nero program. And to date, we have achieved such. Now I will get off the bloody pulpit and defer to those who know lots more than I. Both of you-no J/K- I couldn't pass that up. :)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ahh, but the scanning is soo much fun LOL!

Here's a little burn. I grabbed this disc near the bottom of the stack, to see if its gonna change at all. Apparently not LOL! And as you can see, the title resembles my nature LOL!!!
    [​IMG]