1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea santa came a little early and droppedo f about 9 or 10 of the T02's along with a nice shiny 8800GTS gpu. gonnna wait till i get the new mobo to put it all in at once. gotta find something for a return for the big fella. gotta be nice,not naughty for the big guy. gotta have them presents....lmao.

you now i never really looked closely at that scan. its the same disc just scanned on different drives. it is a HOF scan. less than 15,000 PIE's and under 200 total PIF's... im begining to beleive the CPU does have alot to do with the burn quality... these tpye of scans are beginging to be regular thing and im likeing it... but im never gonna say anything about my E8400. other than its a bad mofo...lol

i will do a burn or 2 on the 7200A and 7200S tomorrow. maybe tonight depending on how tired io am..

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Stunned, does not describe this scan. The PI'Fs are within an agreeable range for TYG03, but the PI'Es are FREAKISHLY low. I have never seen a TYG03 with such low PI'E's. VERY unusual. However very welcome LOL! This was burned with my least used Sammy.
    [​IMG]

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

No comment on that unusual scan eh. LOL! Thats ok. I realize most of us don't really expect a response on this thread. But, at least im possibly the first to submit such an unusual TYG03 scan. I suppose it could be a fluke. But then...this is a new batch. I'll scan some more tomorrow. Perhaps some of the others, will have low PI'Fs.

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's another from the same burner and batch. Not the freak that the other was, but actually its looking better overall.
    Lower PI'Fs, and slightly higher PI'Es. Jitter is negligible. Both discs have been burned at 12X. Thats usually my happy medium. Once upon a time, it was 8X. Thats no longer the case. TYG03's prefer a higher write speed. Depending on burners used. Slower is not always better.
    [​IMG]

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Same batch, different burner. 7200S 12X. I was almost impressed LOL! Its still well within reason of course :) I'll do one more on a 7200A, and call it good til the next batch.
    [​IMG]

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

WHOA!!! What do you think of this one GM? Lowest i've ever produced. PI E that is :p
    [​IMG]

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

L@@KS GOOD Oman7!!

I'm very impressed with the PIE's.. Incredible for a TYG03 from what I've seen!! The Jitter is pretty good and the PIF's are average imo. ;) All in all the scan is GOOD for a TYG03. I've burned a few of those and have a few left but NEVER got terrific results like are possible with the TYG02 and the beloved TYG01!!!!

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah, the lowest Failure rate i've seen on these was like 216 I think...

Haven't had a TYG02 for quite some time. I think I have a couple lying around somewhere LOL! Your right, TYG02 was/is some excellent media. Afraid I never got to play with TYG01. Which is 4X I presume. Perhaps my batch of TYG03 is an example of their efforts, to make them better. Hope so. I'd like to see their quality begin comparing to TYG02 :) Or even YudenT02. Eh, I dont see -R's producing phenomenal quality like that. Although I think CincyRob posted a freak TYG02 a while back... VERY LOW failure rate!

9. greensman

greensman Regular member

Agreed on the quality not getting to the TYG03 tier. ;) and yep... the TYG01 is 4x stuff and it's frikkin NICE!!! It feels so much different than anything on the market... well at least the few that I have. ;) -R's will NEVER consistantly beat the DVD+R media unless they change something in the chemical makeup... for some reason on average DVD+R media will get the "better" scan in PIE's and especially PIF's. ;)

My experience and reading quite a bit on the net and trusting the GREAT DocTY!!!!

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I figured I was due for a verb scan. 12X 7200A 1Z2 F/W. Not bad, but not what I was after :p Can't wait until the next batch.
    [​IMG]

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

How about a yuden T02. Shucks, and it was looking superb for a while there. Not that I don't like this scan :) LH-20A1H 8X
    [​IMG]

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

don't ya just hate it when you get just ONE PIF and there's that samo samo 95 again. It's still a dynamite scan. I have less than 120 of those-"my precious"-left. ALL of my "good" movie backups are on TY T02s. I haven't had to use many of them lately.

Edit: Since I missed it, what did Paula do now?? Must be a good one since it's a month! We'll miss you varnull.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

The whole batch of T02's have had that particular spike. No matter which burner, that spike remains. I had a 98 a while back. I think the 7200S produced it.

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

Alright... WTHeck did you get the T02's?? Did the disc SANTA visit you too?? NICE scan btw!!

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL! The T02's are special to me. I generally only use them for special jobs. I got them about 2-3 months ago from Super Media Store.

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

I had NO idea you could still get them!! I bought mine about 2-3 years ago!! LOL. Mine are all SONY "branded". :D

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@greeny

As mine are Sony's too. Had 600 at one time when BestBuy put those Sony's on sale for $15/50 back some years ago. Then also at Sams Club for a while.

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

I purchased mine at Ciruit City, Sam's, and Staples I think. :) I only have about 250 left... ;(

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

me be jealous

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

Don't be cause at the rate I'm using them I'll be 10 years burning them. ROFL. NOT unlike you I just haven't found that many movies that warrant their use or that of DL's either!! :(**** Sad movie times we live in!!! :p