1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Sad movie times indeed!!! But...X-men Origins, Wolverine is coming out soon :D I'll be on that movie like a Fly on Shiznit! LOL!

Here's a another T02 scan. Pretty good for a 12X 7200S burn. Usually I burn these at 8X. They fair a lot better that way. But this is still quite respectable.
    [​IMG]

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

O-man7... smoke one out at 16x and see what happens. ;) They do ok at whatever you try to burn them at!! ;)

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Bet it's a 95! I couldn't pass that one up. I know I'm a bad person LMAO. ;)

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    I cleaned out Circuit City of all they had about 4 years ago. Bought about 400 of them in 2005, at a real bargain price. The interesting thing to me was that the label on the cake box said 8x, but they would automatically burn at 16x if you let them. There is no speed listed on the DVD itself either! I've used up all of mine though! BUMMER!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL! You guys are funny. You speak as though Yuden + R's are a dying breed. I bought these about 3-4 months ago, and have bought them a few times actually. AWESOME media! :) I don't see them going anywhere...

YUDEN000 T02 Media <----this is where I buy most of my media &#9829;

16X burn via T02 coming right up :)

Russ...you'd probably get yours SUPER quick from them! Probably a day

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Check this out Gm. This is likely the best 16x Burn I've ever seen!!! Notice that the 2 spikes are consistent too. Obviously a slight batch imperfection. The one around the 3Gb mark has been on all of them. The one around the .5Gb mark has made itself apparent recently. TOTALLY not complaining here. This is a VERY good burn here. Very pleased :D

This burner busted its butt today :) Its probably seen somewhere around the neighborhood of 3-400 discs! And shows no signs of degradation. Optiarc...I think im in love LOL! I do however have a great deal of respect for lite-on.

[​IMG]

7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    True, but I'll bet they cost a bit more than the 12-13 Cents apiece I paid in 05! ROFLMSOAO!! I think the 400 came to $52 and change, with the sales tax! You don't want to know what Yuden Yudens cost back then. The few 98s I've had were with this media! I posted one a while back that was 4 years old and been played many times, and still recorded a 95! Great Media, and the best Media deal of my life!

Best Regards,
    Russ

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Thats an excellent buy. I do average about 15-20Cents for my MCC 004's though (Verb+R's). They're nothing to sneer at. Certainly not as good as TY though. At least not according to Nero Disc speed LOL! Yah, I average about 40-45 Cents on the Yuden T02's. They're worth it! :)

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    It's funny, I stopped there because I needed some DVD media. I took them home and checked them with DVD Identifier and identified them as Yuden T02s. I wound up going back, making a deal for a good price and buying all that they had in stock, since it was a close out. They wound up being even cheaper than the House Specials that were garbage! LOL!!

Russ

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Wish I got deals like that. I wait and hope for Officemax to have their... quarterly deals. 20$ for a hundred Verb+R's. Which is good if you ask me :) Heck, I spend an average of 60-70Cents for the TYG03 watershields! And im starting to think its too much. While the coat on the disc LOOKS good, its not impervious to the rollers in the printer(Leaves a hint of a mark). They really do need to bring the price of those down. They haven't changed in over a year!!!

11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    I generally buy them from Newegg when they are on sale for $17.99, with free shipping. Comes to under $20! I rarely pay more than $20 total and usually they are here the next day.

Russ

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

HOF scan at 2X the rated speed. :) How good is that?? :D

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

Good to know they are still out there. Only issue I have is they are 2X the money the DVD-R version. I've literally paid $39.99 for 200 DVD-R TYG02 discs in the past. :)

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

This reminds me of purchasing gas LOL! Why buy regular 87 octane when PLUS grade is only 8-10cents more per gallon, 1-2$ more for a fillup depending on size of tank. Yuden +R's are .02 cents more per disk currently (Silver printable) then the -R's. I suppose though at this day in age, either will do. Once upon a time, bitsetting was important to a lot of people(so they could trick their dvd player). I suppose anywhere people can save a buck, they're happy to do so :) I wouldn't mind some TYG02's. Haven't boughten any for quite a while.

I think I might have some TYG02's laying around here somewhere. I'll try and find some and burn/scan um :)

GM...are you suggesting I scan the disk at 2X???

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

Gimme a link to those discs if you don't mind.. tia.. :)

NO suggesting you scan at 2x... that's pain staking... lol. I was indicating that DVD-R discs are 1/2 the price of DVD+R discs of the same speed and same company. Of course I've never seen them at $39.99 delivered for 200 discs since. ;)

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I have to have the printables. I hate finger prints on my discs :) Those lacquer discs are BAD!

The -R's however look pretty tempting! They don't have that reflective shiny, fingerprint surface.

18. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    Just curious, but is there a speed marked anywhere on those DVDs? I only ask because the Sony/Yuden T02s say nothing on the disk at all as to the speed. It was only on the label/wrap of the Cake Box.. At first they only burned at 12x, because it was a 12x drive. When I bought the first Sony/NEC/Optiarc, they automatically would burn at 16x even though they were 8x DVDs.

Opps, my bad! I put my Opti visor on (7 Power) and looked real close and it's embossed in the clear part of the hub, 8x. I almost missed it, it's so hard to see! LOL!! Great Media! I also got great results with the Japanese Ridata R03s! The last ones of those I bought had about 20 F16s mixed in it, and they sucked. I think I had 14 failures out of the 20! I never got a good scan out of any of those! A member here at AD, sent me a present of 100 TW Verbs, and I've been using them ever since!

I'm begining to think that these scans are a bunch of rubbish! Here's why!
    [​IMG]

The Scan Disk shows no errors, and even though in my eyes it's a horrible scan, it's still a 95 on the quality test, yet the DVD is unplayable! It freezes the screen in several places! I've only kept it because it always scans out at a 95!

Russ

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

There are multiple reasons why the disc doesn't play right.
    1.Dvd player doesn't like the discs
    2.Bad rip

My first burner was an NEC ND-3550A. While it was new, it was awesome. However, I smoked like a chimney around it, and gave it cancer LOL! It did very unusual things after that. Audio/video sync was off, Burning was unreliable(much like your problem). Im afraid i've never used Rico discs. However, I have heard good things about them.

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

The scan only measures what is on the disc that was transferred from the computer. It doesn't tell you if the file (or image) was bad or anything that comes remotely close to something corrupted. :)

The scan should tell you if there is a "defect" in the disc or if the burner made a/some mistake(s) during the transfer. :)

I hope this helps in some way Russ.... Joe Ryan or someone much smarter than I could explain it better I'm sure. ;)