1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

this was burnt on my AD7200S then scanned on it then scanned on my 20A4P
    very nice id say for what hte media is...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

not to shabby id say.

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Nice Scan, been waiting for this one.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@rob

NOT the proverbial 95. Nice one! I may have to put my Optiarc 7200S back in and take the 7240S out.

Now Omegaman7 will quietly have to lay in the warm aromatic bath and slice his wrists in traditional Roman fashion, otherwise he will go insane trying to get that magic elusive 98.! Myself, I have come to live with the 95 stigmata. LOL

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Actually, im rather concerned at present. One of my sata ports/devices was dropping out yesterday. Windows would see it one moment, but not the next. Today I restarted windows, and also lowered my HT/NB frequency back to auto. So far, it seems to be OK. But I still don't think I can do dual burns without Massive buffer underrun. Do you guys think thats worthy of returning? I guess I can put it to a true test tomorrow. Try ripping/transferring as much data as I can, to see if there are any bandwidth issues. Perhaps even run a HDD to the problematic port, and test its speed. A drive with nothing on it of course :p

5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

garmoon,
    I've had exactly two 98s in 3 years. I thought I was going to have another one the other day, but at the very end it spiked to 2! 95! One of the 98s I had was burned on an Emprex 16x, of all things. The other was on a fairly new S/NEC/O AD-5770 that went belly up 2 days later! LOL!!

Russ

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

It couldn't take the pressure of trying to make another 98 score. Poor thing.

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

Now that's funny I don't care who you are!!! ROFL. :)

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i went the longest time seeing people like docty,Binkie7,GM to name a few and there are others but they seem to put up the most 98's i have ever seen, and not get a 98. then i got my lh-18A1P and got a few then i got the 20A1S and got a few. now i have the 7200 series and have gotten a few more. but since Ive gotten my Q9550(and for you OM7 my rma'd mobo with the sata controller fixed) i have had about 10 98's in a month and a boat load of HIGH 95's you know ones with only 1 spike up to 2..lol but the pie's & pif's have been so low its unreal.

thinking about it more now OM7 you used to have some way low low pie's & pif's until as of late(not that what you have been getting is bad cause there not). since Ive gotten my RMA's board with the fixed sata controller my scores have been looking like your old scores and your scores now look like my old ones....lol something to seriously look at.
    plus Ive done multi burns 4-5+at a time and have had awesome scores on all 4-5 disc.
    you might want to chat with gigabyte about the controller and see if they have any thing you can try first then go with the RMA...you'll be without for a couple weeks(well without your power rig) but it will be worth it. peace of mind...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I don't take coincidences lightly. Believe me, I have noted that. It was one of the first thoughts I had after the first few burns, that the new board could have some kind of issue.
    When you say Rig, you mean JUST the board right. Cause there's no way im sending them my Whole HAF 932, 6 burners, 4 Hdd's, etc. LOL!

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yeh... the whole thing Oman7... send it to me and I'll handle ye problems. :)

Robert you have been getting some nice scores lately.... I've been needing to make some upgrades and changes with some of my computers but I'm not in the position to do that yet... I'm looking at the new i5 intels and of course the i7's. NOT doing anything for some time as I want to eat and make sure we have shelter. lol. ;)

Nice job everyone keeping us interested with the scans....

@garMOONy... you keep gettingn those 95's.. it's ok. :D

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

LMAO

well i did mean just the mobo. but if ya wanted to send the whole thing to them im sure they wouldnt mind..lol might cost more to send it than to just buy another board..lol

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ok, I've seen something else that bothered me as of late. Which happens to be the deal breaker. I clicked F10 in the bios to save the changes, and it powered down for a moment. Its not supposed to do that til I CONFIRM save changes! This really sucks. While I love my Dual core secondary machine to death...DARNIT, its NOT my quad LOL! I guess I can get by though. Only 2 sata ports though. I guess I could do one of 2 things at this point. Buy a sata add-in card, or take a vacation like my quads gonna do. Unfortunately, the secondary's board won't accept the AM2+ Phenom II. I suppose it could eventually need the extra sata ports...But those cards are expensive(good cards).

Thanks Rob :)

Your dreaming GM :p

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Probably the last verbatim i'll burn on this board. Gotta save at least a few for comparison on the new board. Besides, this just makes verbatim look less than desirable LOL!
    7200S 1Z3 F/W 12X
    [​IMG]

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Oman7

You do realized that while yall are using the same opti 7200S burners, that Rob is using fw 1.06 (what I was using) and you are using fw 1Z3!!! Have you tried 1.06 on yours? JM2C

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Those are firmware from the manufacturer right? I thought that liggy's allowed for bitsetting, overspeed burning, and with some burners removes riplock.

ok. it would appear so far that its simply the original firmware only. My bad LOL! E.g. 1.00, 1.01, etc.

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'm not sure of the questions you asked, greeny can answer those better than I. I checked back in my fw flash folder The 1.06 I did not use(which I believe was original) but the L & D version 1.06bt was what I was using; you might try that one from their site. BT was what kept me from using the 7240S until L & D wrote the bt fw for it.

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

1.06bt is the only FW update i ahve used on them(7200A/S) it came with the 1.01 and i updated to the 1.06bt and havent thought about any others. mostly they are jsut for higher burning speeds and such.12x is the max for me so i dont need all the extra's...

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just bought 100 maxell dvd+r's $20.99 couldnt pass that up. got them home and ran them through dvd identifier and got this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:RITEK-F16-001]
    Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD-ROM]
    Manufacturer Name : [Ritek Corp.]
    Manufacturer ID : [RITEK]
    Media Type ID : [F16]
    Product Revision : [001]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
    Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]
    [ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

didnt think maxell used ritek let alone F16's blahhhhh

heres the scan off of it. first one off the 7200S then the 20A4P
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah, the last Maxell discs I used were a Copper/Gold looking disc. They were prodisc branded maxell discs. At the time, they were the best scans i'd ever seen. However now, i've had TYG02's and Yuden T02's smoke them. At the time, I asked around about Prodisc. People said that its hit or miss with them. They're either awesome or really bad. So I stopped buying them.

Yuden stole my heart LOL! :)

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah those F16s are what Office D went to with their brand and the last batch of their TDKs that replaced their own brand were F16s. Ive been using these riteks 03 and think 05 before the F16s. they all play well but done expect many great scans over 95 with Litey drive scanning.