1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i dont know moony??? with a couple burns i think i could get a 98 or 2. look at that first one there dang near a 98..lol nope i aint gonna jinx myself.im very well pleased with that scan

tbh i should have gotten 2 tubs for that price.. thinking about it, its only 10 bucks for 50 disc.. cant beat that at all.

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    The key is the 001! Without that the F16s suck! They were so bad Ridata eventually replaced 20 of them for me. the revision 001's are excellent! Every bit as good as the Verbs!

Russ

3. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

any thoughts on the 24x lite-on for $33.99 ?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106332
    i know you guys hate lightscribe...i dont use it anyway
    lite is a fast reader where's that GM at the burner pro...

i got the iHAS324-08 doin a scan now on it disc to disc burn for Cincy gonna scan also with the ad-7200S-ob to see what i get

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Russ

Yeah I checked back on those F16s they were also 001s too. Both OD discs and the TDK OD bought that replaced the OD brand.

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

I'm here Big Willy but I know nothing about the newer Lite-Ons. I'm sure you can do a search over at CDF and see what they say about them. I still have a couple of Asus ODD's if you're interested. ;)

6. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Thanks greensman...I know you would point me in the right direction:) been along time but here's a burn with Old BenQ 1655

[​IMG]

7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I'm having a problem with both AD-7220 drives I have, and it's somehow connected with Nero. If I use Start Smart, it will burn all the way to the point where it writes the lead out and just ceases to finish! It locks up the drive so you can't open it. Disabling it and then restarting the computer doesn't help as it just sits there and blinks at you! Switch the cables back and forth, start the computer and all is well. I had a similar problem in the past and I solved it by moving the Nero Burning Rom to the desktop. What I didn't realize is that there is two different Nero Burning Roms in my Nero. The one for Nero Express works fine, while the Start Smart does not! This was installed from the original Nero 6 CD, and I've removed it and all references in the Registry, and it still won't work! I don't think it can be the hardware as DVD Shrink will burn it without issue and it uses my Nero to burn! Any ideas?

tyia,
    Russ

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ just to make sure have you updated to 6.6.0.18 on the Nero 6 version?? Which version of windows are you using and have you recently updated the f/w on the ODD's?? I would actually run the removal tool for Nero and then re-install it because of possible conflicts... jm2c. ;)

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    I'm using 6.3.1.17. I don't have a newer one. It's pretty funny that I've been using it all these years on the same XP, and I've never had a problem with it! I've run the removal tool as well as running Driver Magician and manually checking the Registry. I haven't flashed any of these drives either. It's just so strange for it to all of a sudden be giving me trouble!

Russ

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Ok.. that's fine. Install again and then go to the following links for the proper updates.... if I can't find them I'll email you the updates. :)

Found the link for it Russ...

linky to 6.6.0.18 update

This little site is nice for some d/l's too. :) It has the Nero Vision Express update for Nero 6 version too.... :)

linky to DVDplusVIDEO

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Thanks GM!

Russ

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Russ
    i have the nero 6.6.0.18 and have had the same problem as you have stated. it is a software issue. i uninstalled nero used the nero cleaner to makesure i had nero completely off my system then reinstalled the same program and no more problems

here is a link to the cleaning tool. it is a good tool to have. gets you a fresh reinstall.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5860.html

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

been doing some tinkering with the small 80gb 2mb cache hdd
    burnt me a little show here on 1 of the F16 disc.a 2mb cache hdd is not the way to go. while burning it only took 3 1/2 mins to burn this. just barely over 2gb. its not bad for what it is.... but while burning if i tried to do anything that delt with useing hte hdd it wouldnt do it any time this year..lol

heres the scan

[​IMG]
    yes i have the settings for the 7200A to scan like the litey's

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@cincy

a true blood fan. good series filmed this year around Baton Rouge! have only seen season 1.

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL! Im working with that one right now. AWESOME series! :D I just finished watching season 2.

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yes a friend got us hooked on it(true blood) very graphic show. buti like it...lol
    that was episode 12 from season 2 going to watch it tonight.

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Only one episode? I've been backing up 3 to a disk ;) LOL

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i got 3 on 3 disc then they didnt air the last episode 2 weeks ago like they should so i put 10 & 11 on 1 disc. and now 12 on one by itself.. yup a waist. i actually have been useing convertxtodvd and makeing my own menus. playing around with the differentent things covertx can do..
    i do have the first season on reg dvd. pretty nice set. cant wait to get the second season on a dvd series.

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    I have a question. I got an R5 copy of District 9, which came with a secondary subtitle file which is needed to understand what the Aliens are saying. Is there a way to convert to DVD from AVI and be able to include the needed .srt file? I can copy both the AVI and the .srt file to a folder and copy it to a DVD as a data disk, and it will play just like a DVD, with the extra sub titles using GOM player, but it won't show them using Windows Media Player. Any ideas?

Best Regards,
    Russ

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i think i have the same one Russ. i have some file assoctiation issues but, convertxtodvd does this great. you should be able to put the avi and srt file in convertx and it will do the job for you. at least that s what im told. a friend was trying to walk me through it when i was haven the problem with the srt file not moving over. i never did get it corrected. but in a simple answer, yes convertxtodvd will do it.

EDIT:
    hey guys take a look at this link and see what ya all think. i think i have him going in the right direction. can never have enough help,info
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/799991/4840668

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009