1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

Just posted Robert. ;) i'm not sure I really helped the guy but it didn't hurt. lol. Well unless he pulls a Russ on the dang thing.. :p @ Russ. :)

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

yeah guys I posted also. My drives burn the verbs extremely well. I have a proverbial 95 scan on a recently burned TY T02. I'll try to post tomorrow. To bed now.

3. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    Lets be fair here! I did eventually recover the drive I roached! LOL!! Besides, I don't know everything, and if I did, what good would that do, as I'd have nothing left to learn!

Russ

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  4. greensman

greensman Regular member

Ok... being fair like I am... you're right. :p BUT it's still adds some humor dunnit?? ;)

5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Yup! It certainly Would, Ollie! I wouldn't expect anything else! LOL!!

Russ

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I would rather know all the questions than all the answers. The questions are what drive us... :)

Here's a little burn LOL! 7200A 1Z3 12X This disc came from a new batch of TYG03's. They were from the same shipment as the last batch. I hope my next shipment goes well also. I've never seen the PI E's so low on the TYG03's. I truly hope that they reflect Taiyo yudens increasing efforts to make them as good as their past media's. Yes, the PI'F's are a bit high, but they are of no concern to me at this level. They are well within reason.
    [​IMG]

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2009-09-17

Your vanilla 95 on a TY T02

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

looks nice moony. how do you like the 7240 so far? it does have the L&D bitsetting fw now dont it?

i want my 20A1S back badly....

hmmmm??? 2848 post in this thread
    2651 are mine...lol joke hahaha...someone or someone'S has and addiction here..lol

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Rob

Yeah I'm using the LiggyDee 1.01bt_rpc1. I held off putting the drive in until the fw was written for bt. I was enjoying the 7200S fine and still have it and would slap it back in if the 7240S pi$$ed me off. I still have the 20A1S but usually it just reads well. But every once in a while I'll burn with it and always when I do double burns. I burn my keepers @8X always. So drive speed is not that important. But I will make a copy on the fly @16X with nary a bump.

Edit: The reason I chose 1.01Bt rather than 1.02bt was some minor conflict on 1.02 fw. that I read about.

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

here's a few more burns from the new batch. not looking too pretty lol.
    [​IMG]

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I'll be adding a new addition to my fleet of burners tomorrow LOL! The Optiarc AD-7241S-0B. Looks like its out of stock at newegg. Though it looks like they'll be purchasing more :D Good. If I like this one, I'll likely buy one or two more. My current burners have seen A LOT of discs. Not sure which rig to put it in yet. Im thinking my primary, on the Purple hot swap ports. Ganged with my 7200S. Then I can try dual burns off that chip, and see what happens.
    Stay tuned... :)

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres one of them F16 disc. burnt on my 20A4P and scanned with dvdinfopro.
    [​IMG]

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

NIce one Robert. :)

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...so far, I'm unimpressed by the purple hot swap ports on the Gigabyte boards. Not because the quality scan here, but because of the way windows has been booting, and restarting REALLY slow. I tried AHCI mode in the bios, due to the way windows is acknowledging the Ports/Drives. That seemed to make windows boot quicker, but restart would hang up. Very weird. I put it back to IDE mode, and it seems ok now. I was really hoping that the different chip would put out better quality scans. Apparently not my problem. And now im wondering if the device that was dropping out is due to a sata cable. Its the only Blue Sata cable in the case, and it looks cheaply made...
    7241S, and 7200S 12X
    It reminds me more of a lite-on burner... but I suppose the buffer actions and sounds it makes are consistent with optiarc. But the tray is really brutal LOL! At this point, there are a number of factors to consider. First and foremost, a new batch of verbs, 2nd, both burners are running off ESata ports never used in this fashion. I've only ever run my 1Tb drive off it.
    [​IMG]

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@cincyrob

good to see those F16 001s are doing well-I have 200 of them.

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman7 did you ever replace the SATA cable or just been using the same one for ages?? I'm a little disappointed as well but I have pretty high standards when it comes to a 7200 series ODD. ;) As you know media, ODD, OS (not really that important), burning engine, f/w, and a few other hardware things can determine the quality of burn. OF course there's software conflicts and such but at this juncture I'm dismissing those. ;)

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Im currently using Yellow Cables that came with the Gigabyte board. Very nice quality. They have the clips and feel fairly sturdy. The blue cheapy one is running to one of the samsung drives. I usually only use my Samsungs for reading/ripping. Its what they do best at :)

Perhaps Russ has an idea whats going on with the Hotswap ports...

I suppose I could try a different firmware for the new burner. Its not allowing Bitsetting anyway...

Sorry...I neglected to mention that the 7200S burn was burned from the Southbridge sata port. I'll post a new scan from the Hotswap port soon...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  18. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    I've used both ports and I don't see a whole lot of difference between them. The purple ports seem to be a little faster with HDDs. I use them all the time for testing because of the Hot Swap! I've always run my Sata drives in IDE mode and the few times I did try AHCI, I couldn't get it to boot, even with the boot manager!

Russ

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Thanks for the info buddy :) Have you not tried Sata Burners?

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I may have been a little to quick to judge the 7241S. It was after all its first disc. Usually I like to break a burner in with a few read/rips before I begin burning.

This is the 7200S on the Gigabyte Hotswap ports. This is certainly better anyway. Perhaps tomorrow I'll try a few Yuden T02's and see how both burners do. As well as some dual burning. Interesting to see that the title of the burner is what windows calls the burner. And not some kind of digital signature... It should read "Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200S 1.09" But due to the way the Hotswap ports are acknowledged by windows, it does not. At least thats what I think is the issue here. It could also be yet another Bios issue...

Russ i'll post another screenshot showing yet another question LOL! Something is definitely not right here...
    [​IMG]