1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman7 is silly.. hehehe. They're both good just have him pull the trigger on one and have fun!! Get 2 if they're cheap enough.... ;)

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Nice scans all. keep the thread Alive.. Peace

3. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Out of retirement and humbly submit for your perusal. I know it's not a 95 but what the he11!

8x MBI DL burned @ 6x on Optiarc 7200S, 1.09 f/w, scanned on iHAP32 @ 8x:

[​IMG]

Here's a Falcon Media 8x burned @ 4x on Optiarc 7200S, 1.09 f/w scan on iHAP322 @8x:

[​IMG]

Here's another Falcon Media 8x DL burned @ 4x on Optiarc 7200S, 1.09 f/w, scan on iHAP322 @ 8x:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Well look what the cat dragged in :D
    How's it going hobbit112?

Retirement?? Is there ever such a thing in the burning world?

5. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Hey binkie7!

I took a little hiatus to work on a couple other projects. I was still doing the burns, just didn't have the highest priority.

Have another major computer upgrade in the works so that's my next project.

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well how the heck are ya Hobbit? LOL! :)

Here's a little Motherboard comparison. So far, my batch of verbatims are looking less admirable then the usual verbatim scans LOL! Though it would appear that the 7200S handles them best...

12X 7241S burns. First one done on my primary quad core gigabyte board. Second one done on my Dual core MSI board. I also used a different sata cable. Kill two birds with one stone sorta thing ;)
    I can't wait to see robs burn/scans of the verbs I sent him :) If he busts out seriously good scans, im gonna be at a loss. Cause at this point, i've ran every possible test short of someone else's electricity LOL! But I don't see how that would be relevant. Once the 120V is converted into 12V, its all on the PSU. Unless im experiencing a "Brown Out", which is another story altogether. It would be a huge coincidence for both of my PSU's to be suffering the same ailment...
    [​IMG]

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman7.... you got anymore of those MCC 004's?? Do you have any other batches? Is it consistent across all burners or just one burner? I'm NOT remembering the entire issue here because it's been spread out for some time now. lol. :p

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

All burners are producing similar burn quality. They vary between burners (E.g. the 7200S produces the best burns). Where once they appeared simlar to Yuden T02, now they have gotten progressively worse. I was comparing PC quality at the same time. Its been suggested that I have a sata controller issue(South Bridge). And I have wondered it myself. Especially since I can no longer do dual burns, where the DS4H board could...
    Very soon now, Im going to reinstall windows, to see if Nero itself is the trouble with the dual burns. It would not be the first time Nero has screwed up :( I wish that imageburn would progress to the point of Multi simultaneous burns, WITHOUT several instances :)

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a good example of the 7200S's skills compared to the other burners. This burn is substantially better than the rest! Burned at 12X via Gigabyte Hotswap port. I guess I should have known better. I usually buy at least 2 of the same burner now. I've only bought one of the 7241S's. As soon as I can, i'll buy another :)
    [​IMG]

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman7 I wouldn't say significantly better but the PIF's are a little better... Jitter is close to the same and PIE's aren't a bit different if you ask me... it could be a software issue and that's worth looking at before sending a mobo back to get worked on. ;)

good luck buddy. :)

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ladies and germs, I have yet another NEW batch of TYG03's. And hopefully, i'll have a batch of TYG02's on saturday. Depends on Fedex I guess LOL!
    These are the most unusual looking 03's i've seen to date. No doubt taiyo yudens continuing efforts to make them even better media. These are the lowest failures ive seen on these discs. Watershield anyway. It seems like on Cdfreaks, I saw a little better at one time. One of my samsungs busted out a burn with only 216 failures. This one almost hit 160 if not for the very last spike! LOL! Ahh well. There's always next time :D Not used to seeing that high of PI e spikes though...however, I have seen a great deal worse on Ridata/maxell/CMC MAG discs that were still capable of beeing played by a stand alone :) In fact, i've even had the PI e exceeding over 1000! Yes, thats 1,000! LOL!
    [​IMG]

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

Here's a typical scan for this media.... for me anyway. ;)

media: RICOHJPN R03
    burner: AD-7200S
    engine: NERO 6 @ 8X

[​IMG]

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

This is looking fairly average for the 7200S though. Not too bad though. As you can see, the PI e is high here also. I'll try even faster speeds later.
    12X 7200S TYG03 new batch.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a perfect example of why you look at your discs EVERYTIME before placing them in your burner/player. Looks like a finger print, but I assure you its not. It appears to be an air pocket between the die and the reflective layer. Hope there are not too many of those LOL! They do seem to come in at least pairs.
    TYG03 Watershield
    [​IMG]

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a few more burns. Looking darn decent. :p
    [​IMG]

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

here is a new style verb 16x+r that OM7 sent me to test out for him.
    heres what i did.
    disc 2 disc on the fly with anydvd & clonedvd2
    burnt with my AD7200S @ 8x then scanned with my litey 20A4P.
    looks pretty good to me. gonna do a rip and then burn from hdd. i burn with the AD7200A this time.
    then i will burn with the 20A4P and post.
    [​IMG]

here is one i ripped to hdd then used dvdrebuilder and burnt on my 20A4P. not impressive at all.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Looking fairly typical to what I usually get. I see that blocky area from your lite-on. And my 7200S averages about 700Pi F as well. All in all, this particular batch is varying greatly. Im gonna have to give newegg time to be rid of these. If I want the phenomenal burn quality anyway ;)

Rob, thank you VERY much for doing this. While I don't think the discs are Pi$$ poor, they do raise the question, "whats going on here"? LOL! Because once they were scanning very similar to Yuden T02, and now they are not.

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

HO ho!!! The 7241S has totally redeemed itself LOL! This is the fastest, 2nd best scan i've ever seen on a TYG03. I will DEFINITELY be buying another one of these burners now. They're obviously constructed with high speed burning in mind :)
    7241S 20X TYG03 on my Dual core 5200 Amd tower. This is a single Drive system to boot! The FALS 1Tb WD black drive :)
    [​IMG]

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Looks like Officemax is having a deal for a couple weeks. Verbatims Half off! Excellent. I've been buying mine through newegg. Now I can compare a new batch from Officemax to neweggs batches. Once upon a time about a year ago, Officemax's Verbs were the best scans I could get. Of course that was before I bought some Yuden T02's ;)

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

I'm still very partial to the T02 discs from TY... ;)

MCC 004 discs are good as long as you don't get a bad batch. ROFL. :p

good luck buddy... ;)