1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL! I don't think they were BAD really, just less then im used to is all ;)

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

The TY T02s are "my precious"- we have less than 100 remaining.

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL! Lord of the rings quote. Can't wait to see that one again. Im waiting til I get a projector ;) I got some TYG02's coming tomorrow. Can't wait to see those burns again.

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...I would say "Speaking of T02's", but these scans are not at all what im used to getting. Im sure Garmoon will get a kick out of um. Not one 95 LOL! Im sure they're fine though.
    [​IMG]

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman7 I really wanna see you try those burners on another system... it doesn't have to be a HIGH powered system but it must be clean.... I don't care what kind it is or what sort of hardware it has... just DIFFERENT than the stuff you're using now. ;)

POST those burns and let's see how they match up to the ones you're getting now... it makes NO sense that you're getting the scans you are now after the ones you posted earlier in the system's beginning. ;)

I'm trying to determine if it's the burners or the system.. of course with those T02's that's the only thing I see it can be.... ;) IF you get better scans... significantly better than you know it's the system you've been working on... at that point I see the MOBO as the issue.. IIRC you ruled out the HDD and RAM... what's left????

good luck... :)

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

My optiarcs have seen a great deal of discs. Besides, my 7241S showed no change moving from one tower to the other. However, I suppose I could have caught it in the right moment for such ;) (caught it on a good day LOL!) Ever notice how when we look for a problem, we can't find one, but it presents itself when we look away...

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Now THAT is more like it :D The other burns were 7200A 1Z3 firmware. This one is 7200A 1Z2 firmware(Different burner). The 1Z3 burner has been questionable throughout. It does quite well with TYG03. But perhaps its simply getting old. OR, the problem in my rig is erratic, and I simply timed it right :p OR, a multitude of other factors LOL!
    By the way, I believe this is the new reining champion for me :D
    7200A 1Z2 F/W 12X
    [​IMG]

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Now heres a verb from the same 7200A 1Z2 burner. Either something happened during THIS burn, and not the T02 or the verbs are going down hill. It'd be a pretty big coincidence if you ask me. These verbs sure are variable. I suppose the possibility does remain that the Board could have some instability issues though
    12X Verb.
    [​IMG]

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@oman7

I bet you couldn't tell that 93 from a 100 or a 95 in a vision test! LOL

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Stay tuned for TYG02 scans...I haven't had any in a great while :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ha ha! TY...Please don't ever change. If you change, there won't be a company we can trust anymore :( And I would die. Seriously...I would...
    TYG02 8X Same 7200A 1Z2 burner
    [​IMG]

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

NIce one Oman7... :)

TY T02 discs FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

If you're getting the same burns with the burner on the T02 discs that I see and the POOR ones that I see with the MCC 004 discs then I want to lean toward F/W...

DO you get the same results with ALL f/w for that drive??

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

So...you think I should rollback from 1Z3 to 1Z2 on the other burner? When I got the Second 7200A, I immediately gave it the 1Z3 F/w so I could compare the two different F/w's. And pretty much since the beginning, I've never FULLY trusted the burner as much as the other or the 7200S. I guess its worth a shot eh LOL!

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

Definitely... heck you might even try the 1.06bt from Liggy.. I have NO issues flashing for whatever reason but I've done it plenty of times and have very little fear when doing it now. ;) Just be smart.... :)

Speaking of that... are you running the SmartTools thingy?? I bet ye are. ;)

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

You mean Smart-Burn for lite-on drives? I used to use it for my LH-20A1H and my iHAP422. But the iHAP just touched its last blank about a week ago, and the LH is solely my reader/ripper now. I probably won't by another lite-on with a name similar to iHAP now. That drive drove me nearly bonkers LOL! I'll flash to a new F/w and post some scans here in a while. Gonna watch "Year One." Jack black is awesome LOL!

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

"Year one" was pretty good :) I gave it a 7 for the type of movie it is. Other people may not like it, but I thought it was pretty funny.

The iHAP may have just proven itself a decent reader. I once thought that it screwed up during the ripping process. Im now fairly certain that it was an optiarc that screwed up. I ripped an ugly looking disc the other day and watched it this morning (Shrek 1). Its one of the ugliest discs i've seen that was rippable. The LH is still my favored reader though :D And a samsung did a poor job reading "Year one". A lot of video stutter. I believe it to be due to the original disc being Highly transparent. I always have hated those discs! My first NEC didn't like them either. But once again, the LH-20A1H saved the day :)

Here's another B-E-A-uuuuutiful burn from the 7200S. 8X T02.
    [​IMG]

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@oman7

You hit the nail on the head-my LH 20A1S is my reader also and I've had only 1 disc it could not read and neither could my other 4 ODDs.

Now that last 95 burn there, is for real- good one

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's another. The one you were waiting for GM ;)
    7200A 106Bt 8X. This is the burner that used to have 1Z3 F/w...
    VERY acceptable. As you can see, the spike in the 3gb sector is as constant as the northern star LOL! Im sure Garmoon loves that. It will deny me a 98 every time. Well...except one time ;)
    [​IMG]

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

Acceptable is an understatement. :) Nice to know it may have been something as simple as the f/w. :D NOW just run a few and make sure that's what it is and take it back what you said about the mobo. :p

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah that's good fw, 1.06bt. Same as my 7200S was using; may have to put it back in a take the 7240S out if you keep showing those good scans-also excellent TY T02s.