1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's one we don't see too often ;) Verbatim +R DL. Burned by LH20A1H @4X
    [​IMG]

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Omegaman

You'll appreciate this scan - the one and only bump to two that makes it a 95. This is a Verb 004 and not a bad scan, but no jitter with the NECs. I still believe the verb 004s are lacking something the 003 possess. Yall hold down the fort while 1 take a one week hiatus at Orange Beach, AL as the first cool front pushes out the 90 deg-90% hum. out. Should be a huge spectacular as that cold air crashes headlong into what we got today.

[​IMG]

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Hmmm...I wonder how my optiarcs would scan the verbs. You might just have a really good batch there :)

4. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Verbs and TYs, TYs and Verbs, same-o, same-o.

Let's try something different.

Even though this is a "shorty", it still hits the 95% mark.

8x Falcon Media 8x DL burned at 6x on Optiarc7200S, scanned @ 8x on iHAP322:

[​IMG]

And if you ignore the layer-break the jitter isn't bad either.

Not bad for DL media @ $o.89 ea! Hub-printable too!

5. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Oh,

And for Omega7, this is on a Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H with a 940 3.0 AMD Quad running @ 3.315, 2 gig Team XTreem D-2 800.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Hey hobbit, How you doing :) I used to own that board. VERY solid! I ended up giving it to my brother and buying the 790X-UD4P for its extra S-ata ports. Generally, I don't regret it, But I wonder if its days are numbered...

7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    Why would it's days be numbered? It's a wonderful motherboard, plus it has a three year Warranty. Seems to me that if you are having a problem with it, you ought to RMA it. I went through two MA790GP-UD4 motherboards before I discovered that my problems were not the MB, but a faulty CPU! My Sata problems turned out to be a bad Data Cable to one of my ODDs. My MA790X-UD4P has turned out to be an excellent motherboard, and I plan on eventually replacing the Athlon xII 7750 with a Quad. I'll probably go with the Athlon II x4 630 since it's only $122. It overclocks well, even though it's not a Black Edition. From what I've seen, 3.5 to 3.6GHz is pretty easy to achieve, with a CPU host frequency of 270 to 275MHz.

Russ

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

You know how irony works? I do! I say I have a wonderful car, and it isn't so lOL! I say its wonderful, and some component takes a dump! I say its a decent car, and it gets me from A to B, and its like it tries to prove me wrong. I say I wonder when my Board is gonna quit, and it tries to outlive us all! (Knocking on wood)

Seriously though, ever since one day, when the computer reset itself while in the bios, i've been iffy about it. Since I have a secondary system and a 3Yr warranty, im not too worried about it. I think my secondary is HEX proof LOL! I've spoken nothing but praise since day one, and its the most powerful dual core machine I've ever used! In fact, it seems smoother then my quad machine at times. However, there are things my quad can do that would put the Athlon 5200 to shame LOL!

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

7241S @16X on Athlon 5200 machine.
    [​IMG]

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

all righty now. heres a some more of them lovely 8x+r verbs from microcenter.
    burnt and scanned on the 7220S
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

99% buffer.. i love that
    not bad at all. think i might have to get a couple hundred more of them/

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

and another shiney happy verb..lol
    MCC 003 that is...
    burnt with imageburn on the 20A4P @8x
    best disc ive had in a while.
    [​IMG]

playback has been flawless also.

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Looking good Rob :)

Here's a 20X burn on my Dual core tower. Not too bad anyway...certainly for the burners track record, and high speed burn! Im sure it'll play fine :p
    [​IMG]

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

OM7
    your gonna have to inform me on how your getting them cool pics in the background of the scans?? not photoshop is it?

how does the lights scribe work on that 7241s? im wanting to get a LS drive to tinker with again..lol

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yes, its photoshop. I apply a certain type of blending mode to the appropriate layers.
    I tried litescribe on my LH-20A1H a while back for somebody. I think like 8 discs. I wasn't impressed. I think Printable watershield discs are better. Printers need to be designed to be more gentle with them though. You can see a kind of displacement in the gloss coat after printing. Due to the Roller pressure...

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i have a bunch of LS disc i wanna use. no since in waisting them and not LS on them..lol i know that 7241s is prolly the newest LS drive and the LS technology has gotten alot better from my first LS drive from 2 years ago... yea my epson R320 is about to die on me and i cant find any epson printers that print to disc anymore. thats locally to say. havent looked online.

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ahhh, I'd probably litescribe too if I had the discs...

I got my R260 from amazon, and my Rx595 from walmart.com (Site to store). My R260 just went belly up LOL! I would turn it on, and get error messages(Flashing red lights). The ink carriage cant move itself as easy as it once could. Probably due to the added weight of Ink tubes running to the cartridges LOL! But then, it is old. It saw around 2-3,000 print jobs. My Rx595 is still fairly new. Its only seen maybe 500jobs. Shows to be more solid then the 260 too.

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

RObert you want a LITEON or would you consider something else?? ;) I have a couple of LS ODD's laying around and I'm computer poor right now so they is lonely. :D

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

WHICH one ya got GM? is it a newer one? not saying there bad drives. i know there not as far as burners go. its the LS technology im thinking of.. ive heard alot of good things about the newer LS drives being faster in the scribing in itself... hell on my old HP720I it would take 30 mins to do 1 scribe..lol

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

The ASUS models I told you and BigWilly about. ;) They are 20x burners and I don't know how they do with LS discs... I'm not paying for them (LS discs).. you know how cheap the GM is. LOL. :p

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a little burn straight from the oven LOL! My last T02 unfortunately. Shot too Nabby, for a burner thats been producing slightly less burn quality then im used too...
    Don't get me wrong. The burner just redeemed itself :) (knocking on wood)
    [​IMG]