1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yes that does look good OM7 alot better than some of the most recents ones... but id say those ones you don't like the scans of id say they play just fine.

2. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Jitter's kinda funky but what the heck..........

Not a 95 but I'll settle for the 93.

8x Falcon +R DL burned @ 8x on Optiarc7200S, scanned w/iHAP322 @ 8x

[​IMG]

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOT bad Hobbit. ;) For that media and a DL to boot I"m not displeased with the Jitter. :) I haven't burned a DL in a year maybe.... I'm to cheap and besides that I haven't wanted to mess with it... lazy bugger that is. LOL.

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

yah, its fairly rare that a Dual layer disc is needed anyway eh. I doubt i'll ever buy a Dual Layer BD disc...even for archival! Heck, 2 single layer discs are considerably cheaper than 1 DL disc.

5. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Found this Joker here in old case somebody sat out in the trash (Dumpster) Dive ..lol not my whole body just the hand and arm.LOL,along with a Lite-on dvd-rom model LTC-48161H.I updated the burner to the latest f/w KSOB.I'm gonna give a try and see what it can do

[​IMG]

greensman aka Burner man would know much about this joker was it a good in it's day? it was manufactured Date:July 2005
    Model:SOHW-1693S06C it came in a lack face plate all so here's a link on it

http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=241

quick pic of the proof

[​IMG]

6. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Hmmm. You talk about Dual Layer discs being expensive and then you talk about buying BD discs. How come you're not backing up BDs to dvds and dvd DLs? They're much cheaper than the BD discs and the backup is better visually than a compressed dvd. The only short-coming is there isn't room for MA tracks.

I think I paid about 73ยข a piece for these Falcons and they're hub-printable to boot.

@GM,

I'm getting better burns out of these Falcons than Riteks, better quality control.

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

@bigwilly,
    Yes very good ODD. You might have some issues with the F/W tho... it's NOT gonna be up-to-date so to say because they stopped updating it a few years ago... but with the older recognized media you should have some excellent luck... and YEP I has one. :D

@Hobbit,
    That's good to know.. where you get them?? I have about 60 or so of the Memorex DL's so I don't really need anything else... oh btw got a 30 pack of the Verbies too... da good 'uns. :D

8. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

These are MUCH better than the Memorex DL's, the last batch of those I had ended up 30-50% or greater coasters.

I got them @ Supermedia Store. They currently have a better sale than what I got on some, 120ct for $79.00 w/free shipping. That comes out @ .658 each.

I can send you some shiny silver DLs to try if you want(an 'oops' order on my part), just let me know.......

And remember these are IS production, so you will have problems burning them with older burners. I'm getting these results with the Optiarc 7200S, I don't know how the LiteOns will take them (havent tried) nor my Samsung. Forget about trying these with a Benq!

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

.73cents is pretty cheap. I was unaware of that price. I guess im picky about DL discs though. I only trust verbatim. I would worry about that Falcon media as far as compatibility. But then, any dvd player built in the last 2-5yrs SHOULD be able to handle them.

Soon enough, and i'll be moving on to BD discs :D I don't mind compressing Dvds to single layer with Dvd rebuilder. The video quality is well within reason. Apparently they upscale well ;) Don't have an up scaling dvd player myself...

10. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

I don't, especially their 8x variety. I've found them to be about the same as Ritek, unless you talk about the MII ones(which are worse). Their quality control seems to have dropped drastically.

2 separate items could be here, compatibility with burners or players? With burners the MID code RICOHJPN D01 has been around for several years and should be supported by any burners manufactured in the last 3-5 years.

With players, that's why I get the +Rs and booktype 'em to DVD ROM so you get 99% compatibility.

Personally, I don't think the compressed dvds upscale as well as the original. However, I find the compressed BDs are remarkable! The x264 codec is very powerful. No need for an upscaler, just a player that will play avchd or BD-9 or BD-5 formats (not all do).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

You're right on all counts. 100% agreed. I have noticed Verbatim slipping...

The compatibility statement, I was referring to the standalone players. Generally, any burner will do. GENERALLY mind you ;) Optiarcs obviously being favored. And im pretty partial to one of my lite-ons. My first BD burner will probably be a lite-on, since they've proven to be excellent readers :D

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...not what I was expecting. Could be the burners fault. I noticed someone running a 1.03 f/w, perhaps i'll try that tonight. This does seem to be a high speed burner. Perhaps 8X is just too damned slow. It does very well with high speed burning.

7241S(1.02) 8X TYG02
    [​IMG]

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman7 try those at 12x and see what the results are.... I bet you money they're be as good or maybe even slightly better... you NEVER know. :)

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah, I'm gonna try quicker speeds now. I'm noticing now that Liggy/Dee don't have a 1.03 for my burner yet. I'm not sure now where I saw that. It seems like one or more of my burners are capable of 16X on the TYG02 discs. But lets try 12X first LOL! It could have been simply a fluke disc though too ;)

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

Try here bubba. LOL.

LINKY for 1.03 f/w AD-7241S

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

But, their F/w won't allow for Bitsetting right?

Much Better! Im noticing now that some of the discs have some slight speckling on them. Very tiny little dot like imperfections. Im sure they're playable LOL!

I'm also seeing here that it has a different write strategy than the other optiarcs. 12X is usually constantly increasing burn speed. Hence the name, Constant Linear Velocity

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  17. greensman

greensman Regular member

If it's out then don't keep ye eyes shut to long.. L&D will come out with something soon assuming the drive is NEC chipped. ;)

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well, it would appear that at least one of my Samsungs may be culprit to some audio/video syncing issues. Pretty sure I know which one too. But that suggests to me that the other could start doing it too. Im purchasing the iHAS424-98 here pretty soon. Lite-on generally hasn't let me down yet. My iHAP422 is still reading discs very good. It never was a very good burner, but it reads pretty good. Most of the newer iHAP/iHAS drives are receiving good reviews. Looks like the LH/DH drives are no more. I just hope I land another drive as good as my LH-20A1H. It won't last forever unfortunately :( I suppose I can save the Samsungs for HTPCs that I plan on building in the near future :D

Looks like we're due for another scan post...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a darn good scan!
    12X TYG02 7241S
    [​IMG]

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a Verbatim 004. Not too bad considering ;)
    7200S 12X
    [​IMG]