1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Hell, McDonalds could have made the motherboard for this Dell XPS but so far I haven't had any hardware problems- what would those problems be? LOL Everything seems to work that I have plugged into it without issues. How would I identify the MB maker?

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

i'm not exactly sure how to explain my problems. Its as though the cpu MAY have bandwidth limitations, due to a board issue. That may be a stretch. There could be multiple reasons why I see what I do sometimes. I find it most distressing that I can't raise my NB/HT frequency a measly 200Mhz without problems.

This little appy, tells you all sorts of goodies :D

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a 7200S 12X burn. This media just plain sucks compared to previous batches, and previous revisions. The 003's were substantially better. I hope their batches get better, or i'll have to go TY full time. While I realize that all of these discs are playable (thanks to Optiarcs unparalleled burning capabilities) the burn quality dropping on verbatims is not a question, but a fact :p Certainly in BOTH my rigs. I wonder how well Optiarcs do with Ridata/Ritek discs...
    [​IMG]

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    I can't adjust mine by multiplier as my CPU frequency is locked. I can lower it so I have the CPU host frequency set to 260MHz, using a 13.5 multiplier for 3.510GHz. I have the NB/HT frequency set to 2080MHz, using the 8x multiplier. Seems to work extremely well!

Russ

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I have to leave my HT at 1800. For whatever reason, having it up disassociated one of my optical drives. Very weird. I've not had one problem since leaving it at 1800. I guess she'll become my backup around Tax return time...

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

You want me to send you some Ritek discs?? lol. If you get good results you can trade me the MCC 004's you have for the Riteks that I have. ;)

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL! It was simply a stray thought. Something tells me, ritek is not worth the added headaches there would be. Their printables are not that much cheaper than TY discs. Not worth it too me. However, Dual layer discs could be an interesting experiment. Im considering giving those Falcon discs a shot.

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

You should try them... one thing about hobbit if you don't know is he's kinda like me... if there's a chance of a media doing well and it's cheaper then it's worth the try. ;) I've tried a couple and they work just fine. :)

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Thanks GM. I think I will :)

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

GM, I can't thank you enough. This LH20A1S is obviously awesome! This is the best MCC 004 burn i've seen in quite some time! Using smart tools, with every wonderful tool enabled we have an excellent burn score :D Yes garmoon, another 95 LOL!
    LH20A1S 12X
    [​IMG]

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ O-man

I no longer even expect to do better than a 95 any more. I did do a scan of a Ritek F16 disc burned on a 7240S opti @12X. It resembles the above scan in the pie failures and errors numbers. It got a 93 for two 3 spikes.

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...I bought the Falcon media. Unfortunately I was so $h!tfaced drunk, I bought the Shiny Silver variety LOL! I tried contacting Customer service, but too late. Aw well. It was only 17$...

13. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Been there,

done that......

hic.

How big was your order? Mine was 200. Hence the Hobbit Claus gift to gm.

Actually, these Falcons go against the grain in my book for burn quality. I get a better and more consistant scan with the inkjet printables than with the shiny silvers.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I just bought 20. Sorta try them out you know ;) Gotta buy at least 50 to get the printables... At least through SMS...

15. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

I just checked and it seems I got a better deal with the inkjet printables than I did with the shiny silvers; $73.99/hundred with free shipping vs. $89.00.

I need to watch the sales at SMS more closely!

With the Falcons, start out burning slow, @4x, for the first ½ to 1 dozen discs to teach your drive to burn them, then try the higher speeds.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL! Yah, their sales come and go pretty quickly sometimes ;)

I plan on only allowing the LH20A1S and a few optiarcs touch those discs. The lite-on can learn, and the optiarcs just plain rock! :) I planned to start at only 4X I'll only burn verbs any quicker than that...

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's an excellent burn N scan! Damn Gm, Now I want another one of these drives LOL! I think its safe to say the drive has been properly broke! *Knocking on wood*
    12X TYG03 LH-20A1S
    [​IMG]

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

Hey NOW.. wait a minute.. don't blame the GM for anything.. he just sent the link and suggested it.... you hit the BUY button. :p

I've had ok luck with the Falcon discs.. NO coasters.. of course only burned a few to check 'em out so far. :D

OH... that scan does look good Oman7... :) DANG 95's!!! ;)

19. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

My Lite-ons, namely a couple of LH20A1Hs and my iHAP322 aren't worth didley with the RICOHJPN D01 midcode. The LH20A1Hs firmware was never updated for the IS DLs and the iHAP322 tries but isn't the greatest. My Optiarc 7200S' like them real well and I am looking to get a new Samsung which might try these babies @ 12x.

As I've posted earlier, I'm not experiencing any difference in scans, PIE or PIF on speeds of 4x, 6x or 8x.

And with that it looks like my iHAP322 is starting to go, it's getting 'selective' on which discs it will run jitter on. Will have to scope out another Lite-on IDE drive to go into my Lite-on external case.

20. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Time for some scans!

First one is a MBI burned @ 4x:

[​IMG]

Falcons @ 8x:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a Falcon burned @ 4x on my iHAP322:

[​IMG]