1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just like Rocky did in Rocky 3. some times you have to just stand there and take the punches until the bully gets tired,,,lol

ok i think i figured out my problem with the 20A4P. bad IDE cable. i had the round one in the case. plugged into the 20A4P and the 7200A the 7200A worked fine but my litey didnt. i swaped out to the IDE cable that came with the mobo and all is well. this is one of 4 burns i did in a row on the 20A4P and all scans look identical.

[​IMG]

jitter is a little higher than normal but not to bad for a xvid convert to vob files...

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I don't know what I was expecting. Perhaps a slightly better burn then the last ;) This media has been varying greatly. Even on my other tower. The iHES108 won't be seeing too many more discs though (Blanks). Maybe one of my TYG02 discs. And it proved last night that it can read ugly looking discs :D
    [​IMG]

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i guess i was wrong about the 20A4P. i burnt 1 more on it before i left for work. burnt fine went through all the steps with imgburn. got to the finalizing disc. got to 99% and stayed there. wouldnt do anything. all iheard was teh disc spinnging 100mph and doing nothing. then imgburn wouldnt release the disc. guess it was still trying to finalize the disc. i had to power down the system to get imgburn to release it. guess the BR Drive is next inline.

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Rob

When I was having trouble with all my drives on a new pc, They would fail to finalize. Most I could put in the drive and open ImgBurn and select the drive and select finalize the disc and it WOULD. Dig 'em out of the trash and try it. JM2C. Happy New Year-Bengals in playoffs-Saints won't win another game especially without Shockey.

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah, i've had nero finalze discs too ;) though it was a longer process than imgburn :D

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

it dont make any sense to me.. i did like 4 or 5 in a row without any issue. then that last one it took forever to syncronize cache and it got to 99% finalizing and stalled there. i honestly think its the drive. it has been acting weird lately. it wil show something odd on the title of the disc i take it out put the disc in a diferent drive and it shows what it really is then i put it back in the litey and it is fine???? plus it is getting loud as can be too.

bengals suck. they wont win another game. they backed into the playoffs and wont see another win until next year when they play cleveland again...Saints will be fine. they just got full of themselvs thinking they are better than they really are..i didnt like the fact that Brees said going undefeated dindt mean anything and that they would go undefeated... its the curse.. you dont talk about a no hitter until its over, you dont talk about rushing for 2000 yards until you hit 2001 and only Miami can talk about going undefeated....lol

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  7. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Evryone complains about christmas gifts from mom and pop-in-law but I got 100 printable verbatim DVD+R. I still have have about 75 Sony (TY's) from last year cuz I stopped burning and started AutoGK'ing them for home server but I wont complain. At least they remembered +R and didn't get me socks and underwear!!!

EDIT:My Browns should play Bungles this time of year instead of early on. Probly be much better game.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    Try yet another Data Cable. I thought that I was having Southbridge problems again when my burns started doing the same thing as yours, but a new Sata cable solved the problem. Maybe if they didn't have such a Chicken Sh-- connection, Sata would work a lot better! I never had these kind of problems with IDE! Ever! I never accidentally formated a second partition on another physical hard drive with IDE either, when installing XP!! It's happened twice to me with Sata! You wind up losing about 30% of whats on the drive after a long recovery process with fdisk! I've yet to ever have these sort of problems with any previous drive interface. Not once in 20 years!

Happy New Year,
    Russ

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Russ
    thats just it. my 20A4P is a ide drive. i have tried 2 sets of round cable and now the ribbon that came with the mobo. i dont think it is th cable or the connection. its the drive.i have my 7200A on the same ribbon and that drive is perfectly fine. no issues.

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Wow, people have all sorts of problems with Sata cables, and yet i've never had one problem. I've tried countless red ones, a black one a blue one, Yellow ones, ones with clips, ones without. Though I think I agree with you russ. They're not as robust as IDE ;) But i'll be gentle with them, and hopefully never have a problem.

11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    I've been using Sata HDDs all the way back to my D-940. That was 5 builds and more than 5 years ago ago! Once I started using multiple HDDs, the problems started. When I finally went to Sata for my optical drives (against my better judgment) It was a nightmare! At this point I'm not even sure there was anything wrong with the on-board Sata controller on the 2 motherboards I sent back! It might be a fast interface, but the connections suck! I've also never seen so many Data cable problems in my life! At least with IDE, you didn't wind up screwing up another drive! I've replaced more Sata data cables than I ever replaced with IDE. Even the old two cable drive cables were better, back in the old days!

Happy New Year,
    Russ

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I'm running 8 Sata devices. 4 optical and 4 HDDs. They operate without hitch. Though I won't trust the G-Sata ports for optical drives anymore...long story...

I think it WILL be a happy new year :D
    Kevin

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Going on two years Sata interfaces for HDD and ODD. Have changed out 5 different ODDs with nary a problem with Sata cables. Ones in pc worked fine; as did the one or two that came with the ODDs. Lucky I guess.

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman7, Garmoony, & cincyrob you guys know how I feel about SATA cables. ;) I bends 'em, twists 'em, and folds 'em how I want them and then plug those babies in and they works!!! Oman I has green, purple, yellow, red, and pink I think. :) Doesn't matter it's just luck of the draw. ;)

RUSS you really have to check ye computer for monkeys!! They is running around in there climbing on ye cables and messing with ya. :p

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL Gm :)

I Just ran a TYG02 through the iHES108. Not looking good :(
    Stay tuned...

16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

This could be a bad sign. I'll look into it here soon. Soon as I know, you'll know ;) I find it really curious, that this is the smoothest buffer action i've seen yet, and it's also the worst burn scan! If you don't know what I mean, check out the buffers in previous scans. Much more erratic. I didn't plan on burning that many dvds with the drive, but if this is a sign of a drive failure, than it needs to go back, PRONTO! LOL!
    [​IMG]

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

You'll never believe it. Imgburn verification completed with only 1 miscompare! And the LH-20A1S is able to play it back without stutter! Old movie, so the video looks kinda rough LOL! Otherwise it seems ok. Too weird. I think im gonna redo it on another drive, just to be safe LOL!

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...I believe I found the culprit. This isn't the first disc i've seen like this. Guess I should have bought the premium line eh LOL! The black spots are not the only imperfections. Some of the scuff marks are not showing up on the scan. I stopped seriously inspecting my TY's a while back, since they always burn and play despite the imperfections. Sure is a drag when you're running tests though LOL!
    Unfortunately, imperfections like these, don't show up until they've been burned anyway :(

And the smooth buffer was probably because I was using a nearly new HDD. My newest WD1001FALS drive. Almost zero fragmentation :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  20. greensman

greensman Regular member

Isn't that drive a BD reader?? Why you trying to make it a writer?? :p