1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I got curious LOL! :p People were saying they were bad burners. I must admit, they're definitely not high speed dvd burners. But I bought a BD reader. That's exactly what it is. Hopefully it will last me a while, being simply that. Apparently a replacement is fairly cheap though. I saw some on the egg for 60$ recently, but they were sold out. Go figure ;)

2. masini

masini Guest

I have burned four DVDs so far do not know who. It hurt so easy

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2009
  3. greensman

greensman Regular member

Why are people like this allowed to breath my precious air????

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

word to your mother....
    talkin all that junk in my precious thread....lol

OM7 ive done alot of read on the BlueRay drives and im not impressed enough to drop that kinda change to get one. with most they are not good burners. and some wont even burn CD's they say they can but wont. and from what ive read on the review at the egg, the liteons have the worst wrap sheet. and then if you do get the BR burner most of the burning software isnt working with them as of yet time. so im at a cross road as to get one or not. im not really wanting the BR Burner just the player then i can rip BR and convert to dvd5 but even that seems to be a chore.

now onto my problem with my 20A4P i dont think it is my cables i have now had 4 in there with the same issue. today i burnt like 5 disc with no problem, then the last one i burnt once i took it out of the drive, i stuck it back in and it would not see the disc as being burnt, thought it was a blank disc. so i took it out and put it in the 7200A(ide) and it showed the disc fine. but then it could be the ide connector no the board. my 2 ide drives today when in use if i was burning with one and i opend the other drive and put a disc in it,the burning drives buffer fell of the boat, then came back up to normal???? guess im just waiting time for a real board...lol

on to next question. on the ga-ep45-ud3p it has 8 sata pluggins. 6 on the southbridge controller and 2 on the mobo control. is it wise to use your OS hdd on the mobo control or should that be on the normal SB control pluggins?

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

If you're referring to the G-Sata ports, I try not to use it for optical drives, because so far, it's been leaving a funky signature on the discs. I like to know which burner burned a disc down the road. The G-Sata ports are unpredictable at this point. At least as far as I know. But I trust them for HDD's. And I don't see where there would be a problem running OS's through them. In fact, during the setup on a windows 7 installation, I went to load raid drivers, and it gave the options for the G-Sata ports. So they're certainly supported as such ;) What's funny is, if I disconnect the optical drive, Restart windows, then shutdown, reconnect the drive and start up, it'll be back to normal for good. At least that's how it worked last time. Just haven't done it yet LOL! Just reformatted today...

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea the G-sata port..lol cause what i am wanting to do if its possible put my WD250 gb(OS) on one side and then my WDGP500gb hdd next to it on the g-sata. then that will leave me the 6 SB controled ports for 2 more hdd and then 4 sata burners and leave ide in the wind.....lol

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

You run an intel board, right? Yours must be right before they made the transition then. I'm pretty sure they've dropped all future support on ide... or at least starting with ICH9, they've dropped all PATA support.

I say good riddance to a good technology, but rapidly becoming outdated :p

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yup intel for me mine is the first P45 board gigabyte had out(which sucks) and it is ICH10R with ide. even the newer UD3P boards have the ide conector still. here is my board... dont laugh.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...344&cm_re=ga-ep45-ds3r-_-13-128-344-_-Product

here is the one im going to be getting shortly and put my E8400 back on the DS3R board..thats one bad azz chip..lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128358

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I wouldn't laugh at a very capable board :) Heck, even my measly am2 board still has my respect ;)

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Speaking of IDE, here's a burn from one of my oldest burners. 7200A 12X Verb. They generally average this look. But I think the 7200S averages a slightly better look ;)
    [​IMG]

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

yeah omega, my 7200S did a lot better than that, but it's sitting in a cabinet and am using 7240S which is just as good. I would not hesitate to put the 7200S back in.

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    Better look again then. Most of the P55 boards have 1 PATA and some of the X58s do too!

Russ

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I guess saying, "Dropped all support" was a bit presumptuous. At least a few of their chipsets have dropped support. Perhaps it's an experiment to see what people need/buy. I doubt that IDE will be around forever. The round cables make things loads easier, but they still take up space, and are simply less practical then sata. Coming from MY standing point anyway. I've not had one problem with a sata port or cable. The way windows acknowledges the G-Sata ports is another story...

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ha ha! First post of 2010 :p

12X TYG03 My oldest optiarc I believe. It's seen more discs then I counted LOL! Probably upwards of 500. Not bad considering. I imagine it'll play without problems ;)
    [​IMG]

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    I never had problems with the G-Sata ports. Then again I never tried to make an Optical drive removable either. They are actually meant for setting up raid 1 mirroring for redundancy, or raid 0 for more drive speed, and are dead useful for E-Sata because it adds hot swap capability, which you need to add or remove an E-Sata drive properly, while the computer is running!

The round IDE cables are OK, but somewhat fragile. I've never been able to make one last. In contrast, the last Flat IDE cable I replaced because it was bad, was over 10 years ago. I even remember who I replaced it for, as they rarely go bad! In contrast, I've replaced more Sata cables in the last year than I have IDE cables in my entire life!

Russ

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

12X Verb+R Booktyped -ROM(7200S Optiarc). Plays and looks good on Samsung BD-P1590 Blu-ray player. Apparently no burnable media is officially supported. However it looks like +R's booktyped -Rom DO work :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a 12X burn with the LH-20A1S using smart burn capabilities ;)
    [​IMG]

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I may just have to break down and get a new batch, and save these for something else. While these play ok, they make me nervous anyhow LOL!
    12X iHAS424(Optiarc 7241S Rebrand)
    [​IMG]

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

ROFL... that one is the best that I've seen with that batch IIRC... ;)

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

The board may not be helping things. I noticed that the spike 4 high, showed up right after installing the iHES108, and another HDD. Basically, my southbridge is full up LOL! Other than the PCI area. I think im gonna start looking at some Asus boards. I hear good things about those too. And they haven't let me down yet :)