1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Not sure why it chose to go with 6X. Gonna have to look at it later. Gonna go see "Avatar" now. :D
    [​IMG]

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

You have better luck with RITEK... my luck with that brand is pitiful!! Well especially the 16x media. :p

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@greensman

That's all i use for my daughter and my friends. NEVER for me. The last bad ritek was Half blood prince, she claimed it was dark and I had to admit she was right. I've been using X16 times since they switched over at ODep.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

garmoon,
    The Half Blood Prince is supposed to be dark and dreary. That's the way it's depicted in the book too, because the Dementors are causing all the bad weather and the Death Eaters are causing all the disasters.

Best Regards,
    Russ

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Russ

It was noticeably darker than my DL copy and my SL copy. She insisted I use a DL for her new copy. LOL

6. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Interesting, Garmoon.

Can anybody tell me how to make a flash drive bootable? My motherboard supports booting from either of my flash drives, and I can set it as the default boot drive, but I can't find anything on making the drive itself bootable. I can access the drive, but all I get is an error message. What preparation is needed to the flash drive to make it boot so I can flash my AD-7240s as I no longer have a floppy installed. I loaded everything into the Flash drive, but it won't boot! Any ideas or suggestions?

TIA,
    Russ

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

That's strange garmoon. My backup plays and looks extremely similar to the original.

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Thanks creaky, but unfortunately all the information has to do with Ubuntu or Puppy Linux. I'm needing it for XP-Pro so I can flash my AD-7240s. I even made a boot disk for XP, but it can't access anything but what is on the bootable CD. Thanks anyway.

Russ

10. creaky

11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

creaky,
    Actually I have a flash drive set up and formated with the HP format tool, but I need to transfer the BOOT.INI file, and it doesn't show up in a search of my C drive, or from the XP CD! If I could find it, I'm pretty sure I could get it working. Explorer is configured to show hidden files, but it just isn't there. I'm almost willing to bet that it's there, but under a different name!

Russ

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

Tell me you made her pay for it.... hehehee. :p

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@greenie

No I didn't make her pay, but I wanted to cry. I only have eight 2.4X Verb MIS +R DLs left. Can these still be had???

My copies of HBP were just like the original. Mine were on verbs-SL&DL, and hers was F16 ritek. I think, it being highly compressed, had something to do with the darkness. I never really watched the SL version, but my DL version was normal.

14. creaky

Russ - i don't think the HP format tool makes the flash drive bootable though, hence why you use something such as unetbootin.

garmoon - HBP is indeed (visually) dark, comments from the Bluray disc here
    I've seen screenshots from a 4GB Bluray rip too, so i know it is a very dark movie.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  15. greensman

greensman Regular member

IRonically I was at me local BB this afternoon and they had spindle after spindle of the MIS Verbie DL discs. ;)

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Last time I checked, Officemax had those verbies. Although I got my last batch from the egg :)

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

a little off topic here, but, coolermaster looks like they have made one of there best cases a little better..
    there is now a coolermaster RC690 II. pretty much the same fetures but some added stuff. all black interior, ssd slots. redesign of the front and top of the case. as well too the mobo tray now has a cut out where you can mount your cooler without takeing out the mobo... its not as cheap as i got my 690 but it is about the same price as its original case.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119216

4 liteon LH-18A1S would look great in this case yes i said 18x best damn drive i have had..lol

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOT that far really.... it houses ODD drives... :D :D :D

I"m not sure I don't like this case a little better.... even tho is has those DANG RED fans in it!!! LOL. ;) I can always pull the RED fans out and replace them with some GREEN and BLUE ones... hehehee. :p

You're right Robert... the 18X and 20X Liteons were some GOOD drives!!! :) You can still find them but they ain't cheap... :( :(

add: use this promo code: EMCYZZX52 .. and receive another $10 off!!! :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Greeny, that case looks nice in that pic and isa nice case.. but from knowing what you have in your case like mine it is small. small inside.with 1 odd and 2 hdd and a big 5770 gpu there is no room to do anything in there. if you load it up with 5 odd's and 4-5 hdds with the wiring there would be one heck of a rats nest in there..
    the guy i work with here he is the one with it and the Q9550, UD3P mobo, and the XfX 5770 card and it is small... looks super sharp running...

where have you seen the LH-18A1P/S's at? how much? not on ebay either..lol

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

well it seems with some searching (but not much) there aren't any LH-18A1P drives out there... lol. NOW if you want a 18X reader there are plenty!!! :)