1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i looked lastnight for some as well. even the LHJ-20A1S cant be found and if you do and i did they were refurbished and $35 didnt pay that much for a new one.lol

why are all the lightscribe drives winning the customer awards on newegg???

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I don't remember whether my LH-20A1S was refurbished or new. I think it was new. Or at least they said it was. It had the look that it had been handled before. It has already payed for itself. And I paid over 40$ for it :) Good lite-on drives are worth it to me. I paid 60 for my LH-20A1H well over 1 year ago at officemax. Its still kicking quite well. :)

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Mine was brand new from newegg and cost less than $30 delivered. Still going strong.

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

my 20A1S i think i paid $27.99 shipped and mt 18A1P was $25.00 with like $5 shipping. both from the egg. i dont see anyone standing out like in the past. they all are rebadgeing themselves as other drives. so you dont knwo what the heck you are getting. sonys with mediatek chips and liteons with NEC chips in them. LG's with both chips in different versions????? sounds like to me someone bought up the drive manufactures and just making 1 big monopoly out of the situation..lol yea i know conspericay theory..lol

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Conspiracy, LOL!

ah hah! YudenT02 coming up. Just got a batch of 100 :D

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

Rob's been watching to many "political" movies... hehehe. :p

Oman7... You B@ST@RD!!!! :D Well when ye get it finished let's see it!!! ;)

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Awesome! If it weren't for the higher spike, it would have only been 20 Failures. Not bad at all for a COMPLETE burn. Every megabyte used :)
    8X LH-20A1S
    [​IMG]

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@omega
    Bummer! Still a 95, enough to pi$$ a man off. Sorry buddy, but, LMAO, been there done that. Why I don't scan often. May have to start burning with my 20A1S. Thanks greensman for splaining which good drives to get. Right now I got 3 of them.

@cincy

All these good drives are gonna last a while, hopefully. Right now I got a spare 7200S to replace my 7240S if it gives up the ghost!

@all

Go Aints Go!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ho ho! You were saying garmoon :) Pretty ironic if you ask me. There's the 20 Failures that I spoke of ROFL! 100% legit, believe what you will ;) This makes my best burn of all time. Though i'm sure if I were to rescan, it would change.

Looks like it's learning the media quite nicely :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

OM7
    what im impressed with is your overall buffer rate. 97-99%, 97-100% nothing bothering the drive as you burn, that to me is what makes the burn better. jm2c.... and those burns are great. gotta love those TY's and that sexy azz 20A1S. compared to your other burns you have posted on the other drives (when you were thinking you had mobo issues)look at your total PIE's your like 75% less on the 20A1S than your other drives....think thats a coincidence??? not, not me at all. i think my 7200S is awsome but not as awsome as my dearly departed 20A1S...lol damn someone sounds like a litey fanboy....lol

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

The HDD that data came from, is in extremely good health *Knocking on wood*, and almost no fragmentation. VERY good HDD! WD1001FALS. I now have 3 of them. That one is my newest :D

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i have the same drive my friend and i agree it is a beast. im thinking im gonna get another before they are all gone. wish i would have gotten 2 when i got that one..lol im still in the process of balancing my programs on 1 drive and the output and work folders on another. i know have the 4 hdd in my tower a 250gb with xp on it that i use everyday. a 500gb i store my torrents and music and pics on. then the 1001FALS has all the final so to say img's on it that i do al my burning from. then i have my other 250gb with W7 on it that i barely use as of yet. still installing programs and tryign to get the drivers right for my printers and then i will use it everyday. plus im waiting to get my mobo to get MY RIG the way I want it..lol

hey you have the HAF932 right? how bright are the led's on that front fan? does it light up the entire case?(red right ;)~) i still havent made my mind up on the 932 or the sniper???? wish the 932 was blacked out on the inside like the sniper then it would be a closed case..lol

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah, I wish I bought more than the 2 Lite-ons I have. I could use at least 1 or 2 more ;) Excellent rippers :D

The HAF 932 is one of the smartest buys I have. Very large case. It keeps everything very cool. The red light on the front is not bright at all. A very mellow red. The power and HDD indicator shed more light into this room, then the red fan light LOL! Turn off the light in your room, and you'll see what I mean LOL! I hope to run at least 2 more graphics cards later. This case should cool 3 GPUs quite nicely :)

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i knwo i wont be running more than one on anything i do..lol now i might break down and get a newer 5770 or something like that. but the 8800gt i have waiting for me to put in once i get my board will do me for what i need... or require..lol

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah, the 8800GT is no slouch from what i've read. It should play most games at at least medium settings. Heck, my 8600Gt did quite well, til I upgraded to the GTX 260 :)

And another excellent burn, burned by iHAS424(Optiarc 7241S). The buffer action is typical of optiarcs. I've read that they just plain do that LOL! Something tells me I have a very good batch of YudenT02's here :D
    [​IMG]

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

NICE burns/scans fellas!! ;)

I'm jealous of the 1TB drives.... ;) I may have to pull the trigger on another one just for the sake of it. :D Is there an external enclosure you would recommend over another? I"ll look at the proper threads too.. :)

17. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Well, my new AD-7240s is dying already. The tray opens very slowly. It makes a big clunk when you hit eject, hesitates for about a second and very slowly opens. When I first got it, the tray opened so fast, it could have flattened the Dog! Had there been a DVD in it then, the disk would be sticking out of the wall! newegg is sending a replacement, and told me to throw this one away. When the new one comes, I'll pull this one apart and see what the problem is!

Russ

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

yours must be defective in some way then. I have two 7241S's and they perform quite nicely. They do have the odd tray action, but they haven't been hindered by this unusual activity :)

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    It also does a couple of other strange things too! When you burn with it, and the disk pops out when you finish, and you press the button to close the tray, it won't play on the drive. Remove it and close the drive, then open it and put the DVD back in it, and it plays fine. Very strange!

No luck on booting from a flash drive. I've tried about 20 different methods to get it to boot, have two flash drives that are bootable, and nothing works. For all the noise from the younger crowd that the Floppy is obsolete, guess what you do when the new tech won't work? Resort back to the old tech and pull out a floppy! At least it works! So much for the superiority of the new tech!

Russ

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ what the bloody heck are you doing with these ODD's??? You seem to have more issues than anyone I've ever seen. ;) Are you burning hundreds of DVD's in a month? throwing dirt in there? kicking your computer? what is going on?? :p

btw how old is this drive? how many burns (approximate)?