1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

lol yea it does moony..lol

here is the lastone for the day..lol alot less pie's a few more pif's dont look as bad as that last one did.

[​IMG]

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'm supposed to be getting some of the JVC +R TY tonight if they come. 7full days for SMS. Unacceptable. And the snow didn't start until this AM and now it's over. Hell has frozen over and the Saints have won. So let it be written, so let it be done!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I'd be upset about that garmoon. 7 days is ridiculous. Was that fedex though :p Oh wait, sms went back to UPS I believe. Eh, $h!t happens LOL!

Well, this is sure scary. This is a disc from my NEW batch of 004's from officemax online. Worst I've seen yet. Suppose it could be another example of my faulty board. I'll know within a few days. I'll have my new baby hooked up. If it is the disc, its a perfect example of why even Blu-Ray needs more time. Suffice to say, I won't be buying any recordable BD discs for a while :p they can keep on dreaming LOL!

CRC checks out. Passed with flying colors LOL! I suppose that doesn't surprise me. Verbs are good. If it gets scratched though, oh boy LOL!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

SMS is shipping these via UPS. And if they don't come today it's Mon or Wed, cause Fart Tue is holiday! I'll be pissed

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

im off to microcenter to get some 16x+r verbs.

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

GARmoonY have you called or emailed them for find out what the heck is going on?? Geeeez... I've never had issues with them. :)

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@gman

they came tonight. Packed poorly in a cardboard box with no protective packing and beat up pretty badly. 1 0f the 4 50packs was broken and about half the discs were ruined in the pack. I guess i will call them soon and see if they will replace a 50 pack. I will never order from them again in any case because the packaging was so poorly done.

I have company for the weekend so i might not get to burn one or two to see if the JVC are any good.

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Heck... I just looked and I got mine from Meritline.. did I say that earlier.. lol. Anyway mine were packed a little with the Styrofoam peanuts and one of the packs was broken as well.. They were all ok tho...

Sorry to hear about ye mess. I would definitely email and maybe call them to let them know and see if they'll do something about it.. you might even include a picture of the damage to let them know they need to pack their (your/our) stuff better!!! :)

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL! My officemax package wasn't packaged very well either. Thankfully 97-99% of packages are handled with care. Sorry that your package was not amongst the fortunate packages garmoon :( Most of us at UPS care a great deal. And then there are the accidents, and machinery that happen. I would wager that less than 5/20,000 packages need to be repacked at the end of every night, due to heavy packages smashing them, or whatever it is that happens. If your package was gaping(open in the slightest way), your driver could lose his job for delivering it that way. And given the wage he/she is paid, they really do need to care a little more. In my current position, I generally know when something is damaged, or in need of attention. Ultimately though, shippers DO need to be packaging items better. You'd be surprised what I see go through our Hub every day. Unbelievable the stupidity in this world LOL! I usually don't use that word either...

Working on my new build now. Will burn and scan soon. Stay tuned :)

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok all getting ready to install Win7 64big on the new WD3200AAKS and we'll see how it does with all the burning programs we love to use..lol which i know will be fine seeing so many are allready useing win7 and the same programs

11. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Here's a scan of the first JVC 16x TY I've burned.

I broke out my old faithful and burned the disc at 'max'

QSuite hasn't learned the discs yet so the burns will get better . . especially if I slow the burn down to 8x and update the firmware

Burned and scanned on the same drive

[​IMG]

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

First burn on iHAS 424 from new Gigabyte mobo 790XTA-UD4. These discs are really beginning to make me nervous LOL!
    [​IMG]

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

has anyone else had any problems installing porgrams on WIN7 64bit? i cant get half my burning programs to work. sfv? .iso? i cant even get google chrome to install. convertx wont install??? i can print with my printer but none of the software for them works??

guess im just gonna have to look up every program and search for 64bit versions?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I've ran convert X, printers are fine, and even ran Google Chrome. Its a decent Browser. I still prefer Firefox :p I heard something about google not respecting privacy, so I chose to stick with firefox. Be sure your installing as an administrator. If you wanna be administrator full time, just ask. I'm aware of a couple tricks ;)

Second burn. OHT/FHT. Perhaps I should stick with lite-on on these discs. While its not loads better, it is noticeably better :) You can tell by the graph, that is was adapting during the burn. I just grew yet another serious respect for lite-on. Imgburn compared the disc to ISO. It passed :) I have a feeling the CRC check would pass too. Verbs are good.
    [​IMG]

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

Rob I have NO idea.. sorry.. but I'm guessing your "intuition" may be correct. ;)

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

You can run either 32 or 64. Doesn't matter. Some programs will be picky, but it is rare. A fresh install of vista or 7, requires that ALL programs be installed AS administrator. I got sick of that, and shut off the UAC. I'm now administrator full time! They really should give that option during install...

17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

You've probably seen this already Rob ~ it's all 32-bit as i don't buy into the whole 64-bit thing, but i wouldn't have though 64-bit has any bearing on the programs listed there..

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i wouldnt be to worried about the 64bit but iwant to get and use 4gb of mem and you have to have 64bit.

edit

the sfv proggy, i did find the 64bit version and it installed fine. and convertx im getting ready to do now.

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Third burn. Really questioning this media LOL!

I'll go 8x next time.

[​IMG]

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

Here's a little one. ;) Spartacus Episode 4 MKV d/l Converted with ConvertXtoDVD... and burned with the engine supplied. ;)

media: Taiyo Yuden T03 (DVD+R 16X)
    burner: Sony AD-7200S

[​IMG]