1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

And for all you 8X fans. I must admit, I'm not surprised it got worse. I've found with 16X media, that they prefer to be burned at 12X plus. I don't know about 16X with the LH20A1S though. There was a problem during windows 7 installation. It might be failing. At low rpms, it makes a curious off balance sound. But since the iHAS 424 had a similar burn score, I'm really not sure yet.
    [​IMG]

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok convertxtodvd 4 installed now. 64bit version..

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

32bit would have installed too. But at least with 64, your processor will take advantage of that potential. When there is a 64 bit edition to software, it's in your/our best interest to install them. But if there is only a 32bit edition, there should not be a problem with installation. It by default installs to the X86 programs folder.

So rob, you had no trouble shutting off UAC?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

1st burn with 7200A. So far the best too, if not for the 25 high spike. CRC check passed. I definitely wouldn't want it any higher than that though LOL! I confirmed the spike with another burner...
    [​IMG]

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

7200S 12X. These verbs are from my recent Officemax online purchase. Perhaps they knew they were cheap :p
    [​IMG]

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman7... I'd be curious to burn some of those discs... I'm disappointed in the scans for sure. :(

PM me and we'll talk about them and their performance. ;) Looking forward to the "conversation". :D

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

the only place i had to type CMD in was in the search feild but it did come up but i could not change it like you said. kept saying bad command ot syntax error????

here is a couple burns off the new 7240S and first off the new win7 install, and at 12x. clonedvd2 and anydvd combo. on the fly burn. scanned once on the 7240S then the 7220S.
    MCC004 burnt at 12x

[​IMG]
    7240S scan here
    [​IMG]
    7220S scan here
    [​IMG]

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    Welcome to the wonderful world of "The Win 7 64 bit Experience"! Some Vista drivers will work, but a lot of them won't. Then too, there are programs that don't have 64 bit drivers that you might use, like Alcohol 120%. They say they aren't going to make a 64 bit driver because it's too expensive to do.

It seems to me like the experience I had the first time I installed XP 64 bit. Half the important stuff I use, wouldn't work! I put 64 bit in the drawer for about 6 months and tried again. This time there were more drivers and more programs in the 64 bit folder in the Program Files than there were in the x86 one. My guess is that M$ figured the Vista drivers would work, but no one bothered to really check and see if they did! It's been about 6 months since I switched back to 32 bit, and I'm ready to go 64 bit again. The last time I only had 2 or 3 programs that wouldn't work. I already knew Alcohol 120% wouldn't, and 1 Click Fixer. The third was Win rar, which was no longer showing in the screen right click menu. The solution was to go straight to the file and click Open With, and click Win rar! My "DiskStakka" (DVD Storage), doesn't show up as a drive, so I select it from the software menu icon in the taskbar. I'll just have to use Imgburn in place of Alcohol 120%, even though it's a lot slower!

Seriously, stuff Win 7 in the drawer for 6 months, and try it again. You will have a lot less problems, far less aggravation, and maybe even more hair left!

Best Regards,
    Russ

9. greensman

greensman Regular member

@Robert and Oman7....

I'm NOT impressed with either of your scans on those MCC 004's. :( I'll have to break out some and see what I get. OF course I don't have any of the NEW ones. lol. It's OLD stock... maybe over a year. :S

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i agree GM but it is better than the last few ive done...

i got convertx 4 running now. the 64bit version of it allows you to use all 4 cores. WOW. 5 mins to convert compared to 12min... sweeeeeet

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Really? Thats strange that you guys have so many problems with Windows 7. I haven't had many at all. Sorta like how some people like vista, and others do not...

If you type exactly what I showed you in the command prompt, then there will not be an error. But you need to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Here's a grand finale :) Yes gm, the MCC 004's do seem questionable. But there don't appear to have been any stutters. I just watched BAD BOYS II. It was flawless. Most of the 16X media looks like this in my experience. Although TYG03 is better ;)
    [​IMG]

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

You cheetah (you know.. Like Cheetah Woods.. hehehe) .. that's a DVD+R 8X Taiyo Yuden T02.. :D

I'm going to install Windows 7 pretty soon... NOT 64 bit as I DON'T have the time (or more appropriately patience) to mess with crap like that.. Just me I guess but I'm a lazy turd when it comes to computers. :p

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I don't even bother with the 64bit aspect. That's how simple it is. My other pc (Soon to be this one) has 8Gb of ram, so I NEED 64bit. And with windows 7, it's all automatic. 32bit, 64bit its just another program to it. I remember someone calling Macintosh/apple "Fisher price" for adults. I think that windows 7 ALMOST falls in that category :D

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

One good cheat deserves another eh Gm, heh heh ;) Curious number of failures, after all this talk LOL!
    [​IMG]

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's from the old batch I still have. The other burns were from my new Officemax shipment. This batch I picked up personally from their store. Or was it newegg... LOL!

I belive this is the worst verbatim I've seen...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    Windows 7 is an exercise in futility, when trying to do some very simple things. I wonder who the idiot was that put in all the convoluted icons that cross link menus to each other. I've been using Windows since Windows 3.0, so after 20 years, they have to change the icons and names so you have to root through all those cross linked menus to find anything that should have been the same as previous windows. I guess it's supposed to be more modern! If only it worked more modern! I get tired of having to google all the time just to do something simple with the damn thing! Most of the control panel requires doing that!

Russ

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok guys i know this is off topic, sorry, im slowly finding drivers for all my stuff, i cannot however find one for my lexmark X75 printer all in one. anyone know of any site i might be able to find them?

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

http://www.soft32.com/download_184784.html

This might be of some help too... Robert a search for Vista drivers might be of use too. :) Sorry I can't really help you here. :)

http://us2.ixquick.com/do/metasearch.pl?

ENTER: Lexmark X75 Vista Driver for a search...

http://www.siliconguide.com/qa/forum/messages/1917.shtml

http://help.lockergnome.com/vista/Lexmark-X75-printer-driver-Vista--ftopict31819.html

hth.... ;)

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thanks GM, but ive been to all of those. and nothing is there that i can use. dont think ill get this printer/scanner on win7 64bit.

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

How old is your printer rob. Lexmark doesn't appear to have released a windows 7 driver for it...