1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

its at least 8+ years old...lol i just use it as a scanner. cost to much for ink for that bad boy.... guess im just gonna have to break down and buy a new printer/scanner. kinda like the epson nx515

i jsut l;ooked this up OMG to bad its out of stock? $49 with instant rebate WOW

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...&oid=63083693&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes

i promise ill do some burning and post mass scans..lol

also finally got my powerdvd 9 installed too.

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Rob, if you're only using the scanner, windows paint on windows 7 will acknowledge your scanner. It employs a legacy driver which will allow you to use your scanner. I don't know if this is good enough. But hey, its worth a shot. I used Paints internal scanner software for over a month. It works good :) Virtually zero bugs.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Here is a scan of the JVC TY +R. None too happy with this scan or another one pretty much the same.

[​IMG]
    By null at 2010-02-15

Just a note this one came out of the damaged 50 stack but it didn't have any noticeable damage. Used magnifying glass.

Are yall using an older version of Disc scan mine is 4.11.1.0, you seem to be using 4.7.7.16?????

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Figures. I speak highly of TYG03, then I get a scan like this one LOL! :p
    12X TYG03 iHAS 424(7241S)

Better than mcc 004 I suppose. Certainly on average!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i think the great mass of use are useing 4.7.7.16. about the bestone i think... but even yours isnt the newest as i think there is now a version 5.????

yep here it is, just DL'd it

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Rip-Other-Tools/Nero-CDDVD-Speed.shtml

here is the CRT from nero 4.7.7.16 amd the scan. then i scanned the same disc on nero 5.0.1.250

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and now the scan on nero 5
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@rob

PIF none to good, whether either version.LOL

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

And for a while, it looked like it was doing better at 16X. And actually, Dare I say it was LOL! Something about the first 3Gb looks better, its simply the outer area of the disc. Perhaps a Firmware upgrade will correct this. Otherwise, verbatim should be ashamed LOL!

Ah Hah! Ripped yet another BD disc. Took 55min (less than last time) and is 7Gb larger than last time. Definitely won't be burning um any time soon though LOL! :p

[​IMG]

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman7 those MCC 004's are HORRIBLE... Seems as tho you got a substandard spindle there.... :(

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    Same with my -R 8x TYs! They suck! These aren't the Valueline ones either. It's got to be a bad or somehow damaged batch, because the quality is all over the map. I can't see anything on the DVD, even with my 7x eyes on. I got a quality score of 23 with one. They don't burn any better on other computers either, as I've tried them in the last six computers I've worked on and they don't do any better. Oxi-II doesn't do any better and it has a great burner, that first drive I converted to a Lite-On. Excellent reader too!

Russ

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

I believe hearing (reading) this indicates the "possibility" of bad batches or substandard media from any manufacturer. I've been very lucky and haven't gotten seriously SUCKY media from anyone but I do have my issues with Ritek. ROFL. It's just the luck of the draw I guess. :)

If it was anyone else (well almost) I'd say you don't know you're doing but most that post here (especially regulars) know what the heck they're doing and it just leads to the bad batch (spindle) thing. ;)

You're up early btw. :) Or did you NOT go to bed yet?? lol. :p

11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    I slept earlier and got up at about 2! I'm fixing to lie down for a while. Wanted to get Avatar finished. It's from the first Hi-Rez offering H-264, with 5.1 Dolby surround. It has a slight chop I suspect is an uncorrected frame rate for a few frames, from time to time, but the Picture quality is better than DVD Quality, so there's no complaint. All I can say is Wow, it's Magnificent! It was well worth the time!

Russ

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well than this makes the fourth bad cake package in a row...Verbatim is slipping big time. I might just switch to TY full time now. Because unlike russ(no offense) I've never had a problem with TY. Or should I say JVC :p

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

No problems here with Verbatim of any kind, and most of my stock is a few years old (plus stocks of my 'Verbatim TY' are now 5 years old). I'd be suspecting your setup if it were me...

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Both of my setups yield the same results...

Its definitely the dyes. My 003's, my TYG03's, and Yuden T02's burn WAYYY better...
    Heck, even my Datawrites(cmc mag ae1's) burn better...

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Take this 003 for example. Wayyy better than 004. Lower errors, failures, jitter. Exactly what I'd expect from verbatim. But perhaps i'm belittling the 004's. So far, they have played flawlessly. I certainly wouldn't trust the 004's for data backups though. I'll stick with Yuden T02 for that :p
    [​IMG]

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Didn't realise Datawrites were sold over there. The ones i've seen and used have all been horrible subpar things, i think they use rejects or lower grade discs. I know they're the same MID codes as other brands but i don't risk anything labelled as Datawrite anymore.

And as for the Verbatim, if your setups are fine then it's a case of giving the quality scans way more credit than they're due. You know how i'm going to finish this post don't you.....

...CRC scans, recopability, playback, these are the things that matter and mean something, quality scans on the other hand.... :)

As to trusting them with data or movies, the same principle applies. If they burn correctly, CRC scan correctly, recopy correctly, play back correctly, the data on them is intact. Methinks we've been here before... :)

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Totally agreed. I have run CRC checks on half of them. They pass. Imgburn iso compares, they pass. I trust them for video, I'm just nervous about data backups is all. I just hope Verbatim reads posts like these...

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

you know its kinda funny, thinking about what creaky said " I'd be suspecting your setup if it were me..."

OM7 you are running on a new build now arent you?
    as we all know i am. and i didnt start haven these kinda scans until i did my first few burns on the new system, and new burner... yes i have this system setup as i did when i had the 690 rig going. programs on 1 hdd, work files on 1 hdd and output files on my 1001FALS drive that i pull from.
    i just wonder, and its only in theory, if one sata port is better than another so to say when it comes to what is plugged into it? odd? hdd?
    but in all fairness i have to agree with OM7 the 003 do burn better than the 004's which i havent burnt any 003's on this new system yet. ive been working on win7 more than burning..lol think i will give a couple 003 a burn tonight when i get home.

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

Rob I still don't get the "poor" quality on the scans... NOT putting that much stock into them as I've always said but I'm sure curious as to why there is an issue going to Win7?? Well it seems that way to me. :) I still want to burn some of those MCC 004's that Oman7 has... I'll even send something in return.... you hear dat Oman7? :p

Anyway... you guys have fun with your new systems .. and don't screw anything up. :p

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I have my new build now :D For the past few days, thats where the scores have been from. The other build has been identical with the 004's. If you like, I'll send you some samples of them. Free of charge. It really doesn't bother me ;) I leave for work in an hour. If I have your address by then, it can be out today...