1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

now greeny you got a good point there. WIN7 could have something to do with it. i will do a burn on the E8400 rig and see what i get. it has my orignal XP on it. plus i cant let it feel left out and not get to do any burning..lol

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I really doubt that it's windows 7. I get great scores with everything but the 004's. My experience with windows 7 has been about 95% good.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Here is the last scan of an undamaged stack of the new JVC +R 16X media burned at 12X with ImgBurn. Lowere error and failure rates but some ugly spikes. I'm sure it will play tho. Disappointed with this media.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@GARMOON
    i think we need to listen to creaky a little more..lol we all are letting these scans mess with our heads. as we all know and have said a couple hundred times its all about the playback and if it can be copied again. opps i mean backed up. ;) yes everyone is looking for that perfect or next to perfect scan, but its not gonna hapen everytime. im gonna burn a couple 8x+r verbs anda couple 8x-r tys and see what i get. plus im gonna burn a couple of them 16x+r verbs i just got from microcenter on my E8400 rig and see what that bad boy puts out. i cant remember if i got these 16x verbs before i got my new parts or after???either way we will soon see..

OM7
    your prolly right on the Win7 thing but it is something ot throw in the mix??? im likeing win7 its just learning my way around the TREE if ya know what im saying... that search bar is a nice tool type in what your looking for and it takes you too it.

5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

This is the part of these 8x -R verbs drive me nuts. The DVD just previous to this one was a 63! I've scanned it with both drives and this scan seems pretty good to me. Burned at 8x on the 7220 and scanned on the same drive.

[​IMG]

Same DVD scanned on the 7240.

[​IMG]

I know I won't be buying those particular DVDs again. I prefer the 16x Verbs.

Russ

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

now Russ you do have to remember those 2 drives are going to scan differently. the 7220 has the liteon mediatek chip and the 7240 has the nec chipset in it. so they will scan differently.

7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    I know that. I think It was you that explained it to me quite a while ago.

Let's try a couple of more scans. Here's one I just burned on a Ritek F-16 with the 7220, scanned on the 7220.

[​IMG]

The same DVD scanned on the 7240.

[​IMG]

Still decent enough, even with the higher PIFs.

Russ

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

No joke Rob. I couldn't quite recall, where to find an ability. E.g Folder options. I needed to rename a file extension. I wasn't sure where to look for it, But I remembered the process name. VERY handy when in a hurry. MS deserves continuous pats on the back for that one. I use it multiple times in the day :D The list goes on:
    Power options, Device manager, etc, etc. If you know the process(window name) than its as simple as that!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

lol OM7 that was me that said taht about the search bar..

ok here we go.
    this is a scan from the E8400 rig. burnt with nero create disc at 8x on one of the suspect 16x+r's. better than on the Q9550 rig but still not all that impressive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i just burnt the same file on the Q9550 rig and am scanning it now. burnt onto a MCC003.

ok Win7 question. im tryting to network the 2 desktops and 1 lappy. on this system with win7 i see the other 2 computers and can share everything i set up on those individual systems.
    but i cant see this system on the other 2. now the E8400 has XP on it and the lappy has vista. any idea?

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Whoops! My bad. It's been corrected ROFL!

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ah hah! Much better than MCC 004 IMO ;) I do love these TYG03's...
    [​IMG]

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@oman7

Here's one of those JVC +R TY T03s looking better than the -R of your G03 maybe the burner is finally learning the media better. Quien saba?

[​IMG]

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I've had a TYG03 yield well under 200Pi F. It was with a burner I no longer employ. SH-S223Q. They were good high speed burners. WHILE THEY LAST!

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'm talking about the 7200S burn posted directly above my last post. The one of "law abiding citizen" on 16 Feb. Is the movie good?

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

dang good movie. how sweet revenge is... to an exstint..lol

i didnt post the scans cause im tired of seeing junky scans. but when i transfered a couple /iso's over the the E8400 rig, i got that same nasty spike ive been getting at the .05 mark on the 16x+rs that is.

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah garmoon. That movie is incredible. I saw that in theater. VERY good! I think avatar might be a bit better though ;) Avatar will totally be in my BD collection :D

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a burn from my older batch of 004's. They were substantially better than the recent purchase from Officmax online! I'll try and do up a datawrite here soon as well(CMC MAG AE1).
    12X verbatim(Mcc004)iHAS424 via imgburn.
    [​IMG]

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

If I had never used these discs before, I might say they have freakishly high Pi errors. But I've seen even worse from these. I've seen them upwards of 1,000 and still played on the living room player :) They're printable too :D As you can see, a sub par brand is getting less Failures than Verbatim discs. I would probably still trust verbatim though :p Despite the failures, they continue to play flawlessly *knocking on wood*

Oh yah, the burn quality can probably thank Lite-on for that. Gotta love those learning capabilities ;)

By the way GM, the discs are on the way ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  19. greensman

greensman Regular member

Those CMC MAG discs you used are NOT easy to post decent scan scores on!! Gotta love that old 20A1S.. :D

Looking forward to some "quality" MCC 004's. lol. ;)

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Was going through some disc spindles of mine, and found what I thought was a blank 004 disc. Apparently it was a burned disc I forgot about. And apparently it was burned by the late iHAP422. A burner I no longer trust to read, let alone burn. The worst lite-on burner I've ever owned LOL! Given the date, It must have been from the spindles I was buying from the Officemax store in town at the time. The first couple batches I bought there were pretty similar to this burn. Wonder where there quality control went. Apparently it was burned by Cd speed as well. Looks like it couldn't quite make the 16X threshold LOL! It might have fared better at 12X.
    [​IMG]