1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a little experiment. Disc to Disc, LH-20A1S ---> iHAS 424(7241S) @ 12X. Not bad for on the fly, while playing some music, and saturating my OS cache. Still better than 004 :p
    [​IMG]

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Here's latest JVC brand TY T03 discs. The 7240S is obviously adjusting to this media and burns are getting better than when it started burning this media. about 10 burns into the JVCs.

[​IMG]

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

OM7 you have one, fill me in on the IHAS424 or the IHAS324. are tehy truely 7240/41's. ive been looking up on videohelp and it shows them as haveing the mediatek chipset which is lite-on but everyone i have talked to say they are nec's/optaric??? i want to get one to havea liteon to do my scanning with, but if they are nec's they arent gonne scan too much better than any one of my 3 optarics....

EDIT:
    wow 317 max pie's. if i remember correct 280 was about as high as one would want to get...??

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

The errors/failures really do depend on whats reading it. My LH-20A1H is a freak to say the least. It was capable of reading through failures as high as 80Pi F. Though if the disc were to get scratched...

Yah, I generally don't trust these MAG AE1 Discs. But since I take extra care of them, they should last upwards of 5 - 10 yrs, when I'm sure all of my media will be re-backed up to another medium ;) So long as they're burned by a good burner. Optiarcs and lite-on's seem to be ok with them.

I don't know about the iHAS324, but the iHAS424 is a definite NEC optiarc. NO doubt in my mind. It acts exactly like an optiarc. Scanning, burning, etc. OBVIOUS nec chipset. If you want a scanner, you're gonna have to find a genuine lite-on or BenQ for that...
    I'd like to find another one of these LH-20A1H's. VERY good burners! And even better readers!!! Lite-on really impressed me with this one :)

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I swear, I can't win with these darn things LOL! This is an older one of my Verbs, from my previous batch. I knew these Verbs have been varying qite a bit, but this! Wow...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    I took one apart. The 7240s is definitely an NEC! It says NEC right on the chip!

Best Regards,
    Russ

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOTICE he didn't say he put it back together... ROFL. :p

J/K ya old coot. :) Hope all is well with ye!! :)

@RUss... I'll pm ye later, got some "news" for ye. :)

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Originally posted by geeensman:
    GM,
    After converting a LiteOn "LightScribe", from a belt driven, to a gear driven tray successfully, a broken gear (cracked hub) is Child's play! LOL!! You have to change everything important (The entire laser/actuator/spindle assembly/PCB & tray motor). That plus a bit of "On the spot" engineering, and then I gave it to my good Friend, Dave. He bought some of the colored "LiteScribe" DVDs, and he just IM'd me earlier today to let me know it burned perfect!

Newegg told me to keep the 7240 when I requested an RMA, so I took it apart, made a new gear for it, and it works just fine. I installed it in a friend's eMachine, and he's happy as a clam. Before you ask! I explained the circumstances about the drive, before I installed it! ROFLMSOAO!! I sold it to him for $20, a fair price!

Thanks for the "well" thoughts. I went for some tests today, and I'm waiting for the results. I should know by Monday or Tuesday, which end is up! LOL!! I look at it this way! You're born, You live, You die! The most important thing is what you do with the "live" part of it. The rest takes care of itself!

Best Regards,
    Russ

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Man thats twice now someone has gotten quotes meesed up with me????lol Russ that was GM that said that...lmao!!!!!
    As for the 7240S, yes i know they are true NEC's i was wanting to know about the IHAS424/324 drives. they are NECs also not liteons. i was going over to microcenter and get mea IHAS324 but im not now. not a true liteon.. :(

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

[​IMG]
    crappy crappy crappy. im not likeing any of these scans or burns from any of my drives right now. i do think it has t odo with the setup not the media or drive.. getting ready to do a major change and see if it make a difference

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

It's cause we loves ya so much... or we're trying to blame stuff on you!! :p

What Liteon do you want?? I think ya needs some lovin' from the Greeny Claus!! :)

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

these disc flat out suck no questions asked. ive burnt 3 now that i went back to my XP drive which is on the sata controller and not the giga controller. not any difference. im just wanting to see what my 8x+r verbs and 8x-r tys do???

this was the first burn back on the XP drive. burnt at 8x this disc should be burnt at the stake.
    [​IMG]

here is one i did with nero
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

EDIT:Senility Corrected! My turn to J/K! LOL!!

14. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Can you do a surface scan on that disk, or did you try to throw it though a brick wall! :) Seriously, if you do a surface scan and post it, maybe we all can get a better idea of what will and won't play. Clean surface scans would indicate the errors are in the file you copied it from. Errors would indicate flaws in the DVD!

Here's one for you, sort of an ugly 95 to my eyes, but it plays on anything, as I was pretty sure it would.

[​IMG]

Here's a Surface scan of the same DVD!

[​IMG]

All those PIFs, and not a single surface error!

Russ

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

im doing the scan disc on that last one now.
    here is the 8x+r verb burnt on the 7220S at 8x. i still am getting that spike at the 0.5 mark but the over all scan is great. below 9000pie total and 600 pif total. back to what i had before. minus that spike.
    [​IMG]

and instead of imgburn to do this i used clonedvd2 to burn the file. plus its not UP its old dogs..lolforgot to change the name in clonedvd2. im thinking that spike might be caused from a sata cable? yea i know how we all feel about that issue..lol
    i will be takeing this bad boy apart this weekend for a major overhaul. mixing things up to say. i post the end results once back together

here is the disc scan from the nasty one i posted above this post.
    [​IMG]

not a thing wrong with it??????

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

It's because you're signature is gone. You've thrown us off :p

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I have a sneaking suspicion about the verbatim dyes. I'll reveal it after a few more tests ;)
    [​IMG]

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I'd really like to see a 24X burn. Unfortunately, I don't have a burner/Firmware that supports 24x burns on mcc 004. Only TYG03 will allow it. Last time I tried those...LOL! Lets just say I'll stick with 16-18X max for now LOL!
    I think this burn is a little better. Not what I was hoping for. I suspect that a firmware update may address these discs. They appear to me to want a particular write strategy. Notice how the failures toward the end are consistent. I believe that area wants a higher speed. That could however be wishful thinking :p
    [​IMG]

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief,
    "There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief.
    Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth,
    None of them along the line know what any of it is worth."

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

First one out of the box... literally. :p

MCC 004 (from Oman7)
    Sony Ad-7200S
    IMGBURN @ 12x

[​IMG]