1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Will,
    No! The ihas124 is supposed to be a good drive, so for the price, why not. I already have an Optiarc/NEC AD-7240s!

Russ

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Besides that the NEC drive will NOT scan like a Liteon... NEVER will and that's one of the reasons for getting a Liteon if you ask me!! :p

3. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

[quote(greensman)Besides that the NEC drive will NOT scan like a Liteon... NEVER will and that's one of the reasons for getting a Liteon if you ask me!! :p [/quote]
    GM,
    That was my thinking when I bought the AD-7220s. I knew it was a Lite-On, and it does read and burn very well, but it's not a Lite-On, Lite-On, if you get my drift! It also only lasted a year, with far less use than the AD-7240 got!

Best Regards,
    Russ

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea but the new liteons ihas/ihap they have nec chipsets in them so yes they scan but wont do the jitter test. think im ordering the ihas 124 now.

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

order me a couple Robert... :D

6. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    According to reviews on the internet, the ihas124-04 does do the Jitter Test.

Russ

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  7. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yeh .. i know. :p I just don't know if I wanna buy a couple and have another 2 ODD's setting on the shelf or just hold off and use the 8-10 I have now. ROFL. :p BTW I'm trying to get Robert to buy a couple so be quiet and he might just do it!! :D Oh... they'll drop ship 'em too Robert... just keep that in mind. hehehehehehehe. :p

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i ordered 1. was gonna get 2 but im gonna buy some disc also.so about wed so should have it.

depending on which chipset it has in it, it will do jitter. been doing some reading on it over at CD freaks.

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Think I'll order another Opti7240S at $25 shipped that'll give a spare 7240S and also have a 7200S sitting on shelf. My wife's gonna kill me. LOL I still have the 20A1S Litey as my reader.

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

forgot to ask yesterday, but Russ why did you have tax on yours? because you in sunny California as is their warehouse? 21.99 shipped is all i paid for 1.depending on how i like it when i get it i might get another for the RC690 rig.

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a Modified Firmware burn. I modified TYG02 MID to use the writing strategy of DVD-R Verbatim, which allows 16X. Not too bad for what it is ;) Imgburn compared to ISO, with only one miscompare at the very start. I must admit, I was expecting to see very pretty colors toward the end LOL!
    [​IMG]

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ha ha! I'm quickly becoming a true cd freak :p I've now modded the firmware to allow 6 and 8X speeds on MKM 001 discs(2.4X - 4X) :D Exactly what I was after. I'll likely burn one at 8X tonight, and see how it fairs on the BD player :D

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

You prolly won't like it but who knows which ODD is gonna do well and which one isn't. :) I would just accept 4x and go on. :p

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yeh... he in Cali. ;) About 20 minutes from the warehouse me thinks. :)

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ya don't think so eh GM? I suppose the difference in recording dyes is significant enough to merit concern. But if it works, HECK YAH LOL! I'll also employ the learning capabilities...

16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    State Sales Tax. Everything that's sold here is taxed here, even if ordered from out of state. Most States have agreements with other states to collect the tax!

Russ

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

We don't have a sales tax in oregon. I think that property tax may have something to do with that. But I'm not into politics in the slightest! I imagine the Moderators aren't into politics either ;) At least not in this thread LOL!

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I have no idea the outcome yet. If 8X works, I'll smile, that's about it LOL! The package itself says "Up to 6X". And that write strategy may be different than the 003 discs. If 6X works well, I may just allow that. But trusting 8X full time, just seems stupid. It would probably be much like burning a TYG02 at 16X all the time. I might try it with an optiarc too. Don't know. Dual layer Dvd's are still expensive to be throwing away ;)

Looks like the LH-20A1S may not be up for 8X. It just backed itself off to 6X. Which doesn't save that much time anyway. And now it backed itself off to 4X! It almost looks like the 8X write strategy progressively speeds up, and then on the second layer, it progressively slows down. I'm thinking 6X may be the magic number. After some serious testing of course LOL!

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LH-20A1S 8X MKM 001(Verb Dual Layer 2.4X). Completion time roughly 17min. It looks like it averaged closer to 6 - 6.5X. Definitely not bad considering. Seems to play good, for the areas that I viewed. I'll likely rip the file to Harddisk, and attempt to play THAT back. If it plays well, then I have a good backup ;) I'll only be doing 6X in the future though :p
    [​IMG]

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

Had to post this as the Memorex haters out there need to see something positive. lol. :p

media: CMC MAG AM3 (Memorex DVD-R 16X)
    burner: AD-7200S
    engine: IMGBURN @ 12X

[​IMG]