1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

you can't get a much better score with any media. Those CMCmags are fine. I'm not afraid of giving those away to family.

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Here I thought the Ad7220s was dead, when it was only half dead. It won't read, write, or address any -R, but it will read and write +Rs. Rather well too! Strange!

[​IMG]

Did I say I was loving the new 16x +R Verbs! Burned at 12x, scanned at 2x

Best Regards,
    Russ

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I think my CMC MAG's are fine(DataWrites). I haven't had one coaster. One of them had questionably high Errors, but the player was ok with it. What that amounts to is higher compatibility in the last few years. Players are ok with the cheaper media now. Though my moms BD player has hiccuped a few times, while playing Ricoh Media(Falcon + R DL). It seemed to adapt though. Perhaps it somehow increased the intensity of the beam? It is a samsung. Most of Samsungs technology is hands down awesome! ;)

LOL Russ! My iHAP422 acted EXACTLY Like that before I retired it to reading only. Now I don't trust it for anything...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  4. greensman

greensman Regular member

@Russ... scan at 8x then at 4x and see what you get. ;) IIRC most are taking the 8x scans as good. ;) JM2¢

5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    Oh, I trust it to read and write OK, but I don't know for how long. It simply refuses to address any -R DVDs, no matter what speed they are. Burns well (obvious by the scan), and reads well. I have no plans for it beyond replacement!

The Lite-Ons were shipped today! I've got the Pioneer (another Litey) sold, the AD-7240s is going in Oxi-II, and the 2 Lite-Ons are going in mine!

Russ

6. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    Sure thing. Here they are, pretty much what I expected. It always scanned better at 8x than it did at 4x. I don't see a lot of difference regardless of the scan speed. I would be happy if I had those results every time! LOL!! Good Scans!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best Regards,
    Russ

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ha ha! Nero 10 comes out april 12th. I could be into that, if I like the HD features that come with ;) I'd like to add menus to my AVCHD movies, but am uncertain how to do that thus far. I'm still searching, but nero has always been a favored program of mine ;)

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Thanks Russ.. that was my point in having you do the scans at 4x and 8x. I think the difference is minimal and therefore a person could use 8x with overall certainty that it's a valid "scan". :)

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

did a few lastnight. gotta get back in the game of burning orginals and not torrents..lol
    all of these are on the premium 8x-r TYS. the last 2 i scanned at 4x & 8x

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

can ya tell where the layer break was on this one?lol yes disc 2 disc with clonedvd2 and anydvd. still the best combo in my eyes.
    4x scan
    [​IMG]

8x scan
    [​IMG]

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@gman

I would finally agree with you on the scan speed, after seeing the three scans Russ posted. )P

11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

garmoon,
    Yes, I quite agree. It's not worth the 23 minutes or so that it takes to scan at 2x. I've only done a couple of those. The first one just happened to be a 98. My particular 7220s never did scan that good at 4x. I always used to burn the +R 16x Verbs at 12x, and scanned at 8x. The thing that's weird is that it refuses to address the -Rs. You can't burn or play them on that drive, yet it does a beautiful job with the +Rs.

Oh well, I just got the pair of Lite-On's this morning. I'll be installing at least one, shortly! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ have you tried to "re-flash" the drives with Liteon f/w?? Just trying to help and can't remember what you've done so far. ;) Good luck!!

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    What I've done so far is toss it in the bin! I think the chip itself is bad. The last time I successfully burned a -R, you couldn't burn faster than 2.4. Right after that it wouldn't recognize -R at all. You couldn't play them or burn them because the drive no longer saw them. The speed gradually went from 16x to 12x, to 8x, to 6x, to 4x and finally 2.4x. Then it just quit playing -Rs.

I'm disappointed that the new ihas 124 04 is the same chip as the Optiarc AD-7240s. It's different mechanically, but it's NEC chipped! You can't measure jitter! Here's the first burn and scan. Burned at 12x, Scanned at 5x. Not bad for a first burn at all!

[​IMG]

Best Regards,
    Russ

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

dang im right once again.... man someday people will listen to me.... its not like i just make this stuff up. i do research the things i talk about or am interested in buying..lol

mine is do here tomorrow. guess ill just sell it to a friend at work. im not gonna mess with it

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I was told the chip was MediaTech and that it could do jitter. I don't remember whether it was CD freaks or one of the others, but I asked and that's what I got back for an answer! The drive burns very well, as you can see.

Best Regards,
    Russ

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i guess ordering online you will never know which your gonna get.???

17. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Russ shoot me a link to the Lite-On ODDs you got , my quality scan scores are in the dump for the most part and i think its the age of my ODDs and maybe some media problems. I just haven't been able to pin point it

18. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Here you go.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106289

I bought two of them during a 72 hour sale at newegg for $21.99 each with free 3 day UPS. Came to $47.61 delivered.

Best Regards,
    Russ

20. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah there 27.00 dollars each right now, maybe they will be back on sale soon, i'm going to need three