1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Dang! They had a limit of 5 with the free shipping.

Russ

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Russ i put in for a price alert if they go back on sale. are the Pioneer ODDs still top notch?

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Such a shame that Lite-on can't/don't mark their drives in such a way, that people like us KNOW what we're getting. If I want an optiarc, I'll buy an optiarc. If I want a Lite-on, than darn it, GIVE ME A LITE-ON! LOL!

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

ZoSoIV,
    I don't know. The reviews look pretty bad, and I had 3 DVR-218LBK's go bad on me when I first built my Quad, a year ago. I bought 2, one was DOA, Newegg shipped a replacement, and it expired within a week. The first one died about 2 weeks later. I was not happy at all! Their higher dollar one seems to be almost as bad, from all reports. I'm going to install the other Lite-On, and do a burn and scan with it in a couple of minutes.

Russ

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

I'll post this ONCE more and you guys can go from there!!! :p

The iHAS-324 is a pretty good drive from Liteon and should do what you guys are wanting!!!

Linky at the EGG

From Dee at MYCE.....

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

So the 324 is supposedly a genuine litey. That's cool. I may just jump on one. That damn iHAP422 still tastes sour though ;)

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

Another decent offer is the ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS. It has a MediaTek chipset and should "scan" similarly to the Liteon.. NOT guaranteeing this but hey it's worth a look see. :)

Linky at the EGG

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

From all that I"ve read.. YES Oman7. ;) I DON'T need another ODD in the house even tho I have a LITTLE ca$h to spend. lol. I just can't justify getting more when I have 6-10 just sitting around doing NOTHING. ;) I would be VERY curious to see what that iHAS-324 does. :) I may have all of you guys frothing at the mouth (button) by the end of the day!!! hehehehee. :p

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Where were you hiding when I was looking for a drive? ROFL!! I'm happy with the performance and results of my scans with the ihas124. It is the same drive as the Optiarc NEC chipped AD-7240s. I took a look at both with the cover off, side by side. I just wanted a drive that would test jitter. Aside from that, and the lack of 4x scanning ability, I like them a lot. They are quiet, and reasonably fast. I can dual burn again with Nero Burning Rom 8. Besides, I can't send them back! LOL!!

Russ

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russy.... :) I'm fairly certain that I posted about the iHAS-324 a few weeks ago. ;) I may not have but I've been doing some research since you jokers have been asking about stuff and it seems the ASUS I linked to is a decent enough drive but more "research" is definitely needed. ;) As for the iHAS-324 the review from Dee at MYCE (CDFreaks) speaks for itself. A nice offer from Liteon and very difficult for me NOT to push the BUY button fo sho. ;)

Good luck with your decision(s). :)

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Some of the reviews are saying that it's an optiarc. And a lot of them are saying the drawer has that typical 7240 opening issue. Hmmm...
    I think I would believe you or Dee before some no name Newegg review though ;)

I guess I may never know. I'm ok for burners at the moment. I have 8 hooked up, and am not hurting. One samsung, 2 7200A's, 1 7200S, 1 LH-20A1H, 1 LH-20A1S, 1 iHAS424(7241S), and an iHES108 BD-ROM combo drive. The BD-Rom drive being my favorite by the way :D It seems to be a true litey too. I've done at least 1 scan with it.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    The two I bought do not have the funny tray opening that the AD-7240s has, and some of the mechanism is different. I can't tell you if it's an Optiarc or not, but they are different. I took both bottom covers off the drives and compared them. They appear to be well made, and higher quality construction than the AD-7220s. They are very quiet, the tray doesn't rattle in Lite-On fashion, and they burn and play very well. I'm going to put the AD-7240s in Oxi tomorrow. I've sold the Philips that's in it now because a friend needs an IDE. It's a Lite-On anyway, and I have a couple of extra Sata ports in Oxi! I'm just about to try a double burn. I haven't been able to do one for quite a while, since the 7220s started messing up.

Best Regards,
    Russ

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I guess the 10 DVDs TY added to the 50 pack were much better than these. They all burned well. To me, this is an ugly scan. I know they will play OK, but I'm used to much better scans! It's a 97, but in my eyes it doesn't deserve it! I won't be buying anymore 8x -R Yudens! In fact I won't be using anymore -Rs at all! It's not the drives, as they burned the new +R 16x verbs great, but I only had 25, and I've used them up. I have just over 100 of the 8x -R TYs left, and about 30 +R 16x Ridatas. I'll have to wait to buy some more! So far I haven't found any what I would call real good Yudens in the remainder of what they sent me, but I'm not going to throw them away

[​IMG]

Best Regards,
    Russ

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Russ what is the date on your ihas124?

Scott, we're on our way to your town. takeing the kids to the childrens museum in INDY..

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oh... CR@P!!! Katy bar the door in Indy... the E family is hitting your streets!! hehehehe. :p

I was reading somewhere that the 124's are both... WTF is that Liteon?? If it's a Y then it's a NEC and if it's an A then a Liteon?? Is that right Robert?? :(

16. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah for the money it looks like the Lite-On ODDs are the way to go.even though i think i may have several problems with media burn speed etc i'm going to try to pin it down in the next few days. Rob Have fun in Indy thats a cool place to take the kids

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@cincy and ZOSO

Be sure to see the lame Colts' exhibit before they take it down and put them down due to the embarrassment! LOL I couldn't resist . I'm a bad person. Enjoy the day. I hope it's nice there, it's 72, windy and no humidity here; a rare threesome.

18. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob & GM,
    Both say December 2009 on them. They both burn well, with good media. Unfortunately, I'm out of good media! LOL!! It's beginning to look like they took out the foam rings and stuffed another 10 into a 50 pack, and sent them to me. The first 10 were great burns, and while the rest (so far) aren't as bad as the ones I purchased, I still consider them poor quality. The +R 16x Verbs, gave the best scans, burning them at 12x, so it's not the drives, it's the media! They play OK, but I'm not used to seeing such high PIEs and PIFs when I scan them. The good news is the Verbs I usually use burn great!

Best Regards,
    Russ

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Here's a scan on a Ridata +R 16x.

[​IMG]

It's playable and all that, but the Ridatas are not in the same league as the new Verbs, in quality. I mean, it is a 97, but a piss poor 97! Way to many PIEs and PIFs!

Here's a TY -R 8x.

[​IMG]

It's not what I'm looking for in my burns! Much better than the last batch of TYs, but still not close to the quality of the new Verbs!

[​IMG]

Russ

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

In my experience, the verbs are MORE hit or miss, than TY's. I would trust TY before verbatim. But I love them almost the same. I trust them both. But if I had to choose my favorite...TY. No argument there.