1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah i can call what is the correct model number ? the one on sale at newegg is LITE-ON CD/DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM. and BUTLER WINS!!!! AND WILL BE PLAYING FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MON NIGHT MAN THATS GREAT!

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

IHAS124-04 A

that is the one you want. not the Y MODEL

now all we need is W.V. to slaughter Duke....lol

3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

i emailed newegg we will see what happens

GO W.V.

not looking good so far though

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    That's exactly why I am going to keep the two I just bought, because the 124Y burns great too! Mine loves the +R Verbs, and in second place, the -R verbs. Neither of them like the -R TYs or the Ridata F16s.

It's not like they burn and scan bad, it's just that the Verbs are more consistent from burn to burn, and usually give lower PIFs. The two ihas124-04-Ys are quiet, reasonably fast, have a good tray mechanism, and are much better readers than the AD-7240 was. Now that I can booktype, I'm happy with them!

Best Regards,
    Russ

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

At least it's a good drive then. :) I still want some more Liteons... NOT for any other reason than to have something that scans the way I want it too... I still have a few Liteons so I'm NOT poor for Liteon ODD's by any stretch!! ROFL. :p

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I could be tempted for another lite-on. EXCELLENT readers! Good burners.

I wonder if this drive could be compared to the iHAS/iHAP drives. What I mean is, for that drive you had to have a modded Cd speed. I wonder what the drive closer resembles. LH, DH, iHAS, etc. I'm sorry, but my iHAP422 really stained the name...

My drive was probably only a 1 out of 100 bad too :p

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

why do you all need so many drives. Do you use them commercially?

I'm sure the whole world is pulling for Butler but Duke sure looks unstoppable!

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

When I said 1 out of 100, I meant the odds of getting a bad one were 1/100. I've only owned ~14 burners in my life :p

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's another Verb 004 from the less than desirable batch. Thankfully, Its almost done :D
    12x verb 004 Oldest 7200A
    [​IMG]

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I converted the "Speed 1994" movie from bluray to AVCHD 720P single layer dvd. Actually looks quite agreeable on a 50" 720P plasma :D It is an average length movie though, and the plasma screen is quite good :p I wonder what it will look like projected to 108" :D I read reviews of people who have projected 1080P to that size, they said it looked very good. I guess I could live with that size LOL! I zoomed in on the movie at one point, and it was actually better than I expected. There was still detail :0
    Ha ha! Plays perfectly. Burned by the 7200S at 12X.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I just made an interesting discovery. If I enable Hardware Acceleration for my video card, my 720p's look terrible, especially in dark scenes. If I turn it off, the picture looks beautiful. Does anybody know why?

TIA,
    Russ

12. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

the cARD IS OVER CORRECTING the color

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I prefer use hardware acceleration. Though on my Phenom II, it doesn't care. It only uses one core for the job. On my HTPC, it has an Athlon 5200. It uses about 80% of the potential, playing back RAW BD files. If I use the Hardware acceleration, it only uses 3 - 8% of the potential. Hardware acceleration is very good in the right circumstances. Apparently in yours, it may not be a good idea. I've never witnessed the trouble you're describing...

14. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    I should have explained the situation a little better. I use the nVidia Control panel settings for playing DVDs, not the Power DVD 7 settings. The nvidia Control Panel gives me that choice. If I enable Hardware Acceleration in PDVD 7, while using the Video Card to directly control the video, very dark scenes get all blotchy and mottled looking, with huge areas that look like surreal dark clouds. It doesn't do it if I let PDVD 7 control the video, either. I just prefer how it looks under direct control of the 9500GT through the nVidia Control Panel. I'm just trying to understand better how the nVidia Control Panel works, and why. I never used to install the Control Panel at all, just the video drivers. It's not a problem, just an observation. Perhaps mixing the settings between software and hardware like that doesn't agree with it! I didn't mean to imply that I was having a problem.

Best Regards,
    Russ

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

So you have 2 sources doing the Hardware render? That could be an issue LOL!

16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

oman7,
    I came to the same conclusion, and turned off PDVD 7's hardware acceleration. It works fine that way!

Thanks,
    Russ

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

For all those looking for a good ODD that burns well along with scanning capabilities I'd look at this drive. :)

ASUS DRW-24B1ST

Results and Discussion here

NOT a perfect drive but worth the money to check it out if you ask me. :p I still like the iHAS324 but NOT having one I really can't add "solid" information on it. ;)

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I just may GM, I just may ;)

19. killalot

killalot Active member

Sorry for talking of topic but quick question.Can you print wright to the edge on the TY Full-face,just got some and there is about a 1mm white circle round the edge,they still look good just thought you could print the full 120mm.My Ritek print the full 120mm so its not my printer.

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Adjust your software to go further. And let the disc dry. Mine look fine at 118 though :) Never tried 120. That's extreme LOL!