1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. killalot

killalot Active member

So there shouldn't be a white circle round the edge? I set it at 120 to give me room for any off set,just wipe the excess ink off the tray with a cloth,never much any way.I use Nero cover design, and tried various other software. When i say a white circle its just that when looking at the disk they look like you cant print wright to the edge,there is about 1/2 a mm white Lip left if you know what i mean.My Ritek disk's there is no white left showing.

2. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Regular printables don't have a lip. Silver or white. White watershields DO have what you might call a lip LOL! I guess I got used to it a while ago. The size of my white ring is marginal. I have no complaints ;)

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just did this little beauty on the ihas124 with a 16x+r verb burnt at 8x.not to shabby at all.

[​IMG]

i have this same disc in the AD7220S scanning it. i think i will be going over to walmart and getting one of them IHAS324's on my way to work.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

[​IMG]

same disc as above scanned on a litey so to say..lol

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Rob let me know how much Wal-Mart is selling the IHAS324 for

7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    Pretty much the same MCC004 results I had with my AD-7220s, only the 98 was on the 7220s and scored a 95 on the 7420s, with slightly lower PIFs.

Russ

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

$39.99
    a few $ more than the egg but i can have it in my hands now. well on thursday when they get more in.

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Just burned "Gone in 60 Seconds". BD compliant DVD-9 Verbatim MKM 001. I overspeeded to 6x. Played back perfectly. In fact, there was NO stutter when it switched to the second layer. Unlike the BD50 discs. Unless the transition occurred at such a moment, that it was impossible to tell. E.g. a dark scene ;)

Which tells me I can Overspeed these particular Verbatim discs. Lovin it :D Though it only saves me 6 minutes. I suppose depending on who you are, it could be worth it ;)

Video quality was of course flawless. I kept the 1080P resolution, for future comparison :D

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

NIce job mate... ;) I likes it!!

11. killalot

killalot Active member

OK thanks,on closer inspection on 1 I haven't printed on yet you cant go Wright to the edge.Not a problem they still look good,another quick question just printed a disk which had a black background,the disk looks more blue then black? any thoughts cheers.

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Sounds more like a printer issue there. My epson R280, RX595, R260 never had that problem. Their blacks have always been nice and full/rich :)

13. killalot

killalot Active member

OK,thought it might be something to do with the watersheild coating,I'll print a Ritek disk and see if the blacks look black not blue.The printer is a Cannon ip3000 been a good printer just changed the ink so thought the ink wasn't the problem thanks again.

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i have 3 burns here. all on the 8x-r TY's i got from Russ. 2 of these were brunt on the IHAS124 and the other on the AD7240Sthey were scanned on the same drive that burnt them. except 1 it was burnt on the IHAS124 and scanned on the AD7220S, you'll see which is which.nothing fancy with the burns, burnt at 8x's.. i agree with Russ these arent to impressive. BUT, they play flawlessly.

scanned and burnt on the IHAS124
    [​IMG]

scanned and burnt on the AD7240S
    [​IMG]

scanned on the AD7220S burnt on the IHAS124
    [​IMG]

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just did me a multi burn 4 disc at once with nero burning rom. all burnt at 12x
    [​IMG]

not bad at all considering its 4 burnt at once.

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

That is a great scan, Rob!

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea for a multi burn it is pretty damn good. it is the 3rd burner of the 4 i have. i just did this one on the TY's Russ sent me.. not bad at all. seems the ad7220s likes them where as the ihas124 isnt to keen on them...lol

[​IMG]

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I know this has been explained to me before, but my version of Nero Disc speed is 4.11.1.0 and yall are using 4.7.7.16 an older version. Rob, when I scan my discs with the same drive 7240S 1.03 bt firmware, I get scores equal to what my Lite_On yields. A three gives me a 93 and a 5 still gives you a 96. This seems unfair. So why are youse using the older version. Just wondering. I'm sure there is a newer version of what I'm using too.?????

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

A bit scary, but its probably fine LOL! This is a SEMI-GLOSS TYG03. My first run in with one. Also my first time seeing a 100 cake package of Glossy TYG03's.
    [​IMG]

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Garmoon

myself i like the 4.7.7.16 version any of the newer stuff seems to lock up, freeze and just shuts down when im trying to use it. IMO i think this one is the most stable version out.