1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well this is certainly Fugly! LOL!
    12X TYG03
    [​IMG]

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

When you guys were discussing excellent scanning drives the other day, I couldn't think of the name of a drive I bought about the same time as the Benq was around. I just came across the box for it. It was a BTC, which I found out later was a re-badged Emprex. I was having all sorts of problems with this BTC, so I tried their website, and got a Not found! I was looking through a bunch of drives on Newegg, and discovered that the BTC and the Emprex had the exact same model number, and promptly called Emprex. They neither confirmed or denied that the BTC was an Emprex, but what they did was send me the right firmware and support software to flash the drive, and it worked fine for more than a year in that computer, and two years in another. Not bad for a $20 16x Burner at the time. For a replacement I thought about how good Emprex treated me, and I bought one of their 16x DVD Burners. It turned out to be one of the best burners and scanners I ever owned. Very close to the Benq in burning and scanning. I got my second 98 on it. The first was an Opti (that was the name) 12x. I personally think that it was a fluke, as it never got close to that low a score again. Poor Burner and a poorer scanner.

I sold the Opti and bought the BTC and then the emprex. I bought a hell of a lot of them for customers. Sadly, when I needed a new drive for mine, I found the company had gone belly up! That led me to my first Sony/NEC/Optiarc, an AD-5170. It was an OK drive, but went up in smoke 3 days before Newegg's 1 year replacement warranty ran out on it. It was no longer available, so they sent me an AD-7170 to replace it. Once I got it flashed (with the help of a friend), it was a pretty good drive!

You don't want to know about this past year though. I bought 7 drives, 1 was DOA, and 4 died in short order. I got full credit for all of them even though they they only wanted the working two back back. I blamed the Southbridge, but have since found out that there was nothing wrong with my motherboard. I finally settled on two AD-7220s burners, 1 of which worked erratically. It was replaced, again without wanting the bad drive back. I wound up repairing the erratic one, and sold it to a friend. The other two died just after the warranty expired. The one I repaired is the only one still working! LOL!!

What a year! That's why someone here refers to me as "The Burner Killer"! ROFLMSOAO!!

The ihas124-Ys burners I have now are good burners, but lousy scanners of their own burns. If I check their burns on the Lite-on in Oxi, they're quite good. The weird part is that DVDs burned on the Lite-On (Philips, actually), scan very well on both ihas124-Ys. "Very" High PIEs, but low PIFs, generally under 200. You figure! LOL!!

Russ

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

That's "DRIVE KILLER"!!! ROFLMAO!!! hehehehe. ;p

Good to hear that those 124's are doing... but for how LONG?? :p

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    So far with a lot of use since I installed them, they seem to be the same as the AD-7240, minus the funny tray movement. It doesn't atempt to throw a DVD across the room or punch out the Dog, and no staggering tray problems like the 7240 had. I've used about 75 DVDs since they were installed. I think that's a fair test.

Best Regards,
    TDK :eek:)

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

The Opti 7240S is rather forceful while ejecting. It neither has been a problem, nor has launched a UFO yet. Russ you go through ODDs faster than 50 cake box stacks of DVDs. LOL Do you have a computer grave yard of bad parts in the back yard?

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL!

Both my 7241S, and my iHAS424(7241S), have been good throughout. In fact, I prefer my iHAS424(7241S) for burning 12X TYG03's. It does quite nicely. Its proven itself to be a very good high speed burner. Though the Samsung SH-S223Q was VERY good with TYG03's at 16X. It yielded the best burns to date that I've seen. At least of my burns :p To bad both of my Samsungs went south. Although I still use one for a reader. Its burning went sour. High jitter...

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

OM7 do you know if your IHAS 424 is the A or Y version? from what im understanding there is 2 versions of it just like the IHAS324 i got. one is a liteon and one has the NEC chipset in it..

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

[​IMG]
    yea ya need the A version. im looking over at MYCE now about the 7241's i havent seen any that were A versions??

EDIT:
    how did you change the face/skin of imgburn. im tired of this blue look..lol

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I have 3 lite-on's, 5 optiarcs, and a samsung. I think I'm set for now LOL! Although that's not counting my iHAP422 which is a lite-on also. But I retired that one. It acts strangely, ripping or writing...

Windows 7 :D

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

think i might boot up in Win7 again and mess around again.seriously looking into a new Epson NX515 printer.

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

My epson printers have been good in windows 7. At least, with the RC edition, and retail edition. With the beta edition, I had to install vista drivers in exactly the right way. I haven't had printer trouble with windows 7 in over 6 months at least.

Contrary to what others have said. Windows 7 IS infectable now. My brothers computer has the nastiest scumware on it right now, that I've ever seen. I know exactly what I'm gonna do to purge it though ;)

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ha ha! Love malware Bytes. It removed the scum like it was nothing :D

And an even happier thing...12X YudenT02 burnt by an aging 7200A. Its funny, I was considering not even an hour ago, removing the drive and putting a different one in its place. It's been making curious noises. And then it dishes out the best burn/scan i've ever done! I suppose its a given though with these discs. Yuden T02's are as good as Dvd media gets ;)
    Believe it, or don't. Its up to you. It should be believable given the media though ;)
    Here's one for the hall of fame eh GM ;)
    [​IMG]

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@omegaman

What a wonderful burn. And I've got a perfectly good 7200S sitting on a shelf. May have to put it back in. good one there!

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

Feck me .. that's NICE!!!! :D

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

And now a FUGLY TYG03 scan. LOL!
    12X via imgburn 7200A(Same Burner of H.O.F. scan above).
    [​IMG]

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman7.. it's not that bad. ;) the Jitter is nice and the total PIF's are a bit high but NO spikes that concern. ;)

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I finished that B grade batch of verbs. Now for the newer batch :)

Not to shabby at all :D
    [​IMG]

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Definitely better than the last batch :D
    [​IMG]

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres one of them TY's i got from Russ..
    [​IMG]