1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I have several types of verbs and nothing is or was better than a TY T02. IMHO

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

What GARmoonY said!! :)

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I've had 2 98's, and I've barely touched the package :p I still of course swear by Yuden T02's though ;) I'll post another scan in the morning...

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

personally myself, i think if they are the good verbs they get way better scans than TY's just my findings in the scans I have done. but for quality i have yet to have a TY not play(thats if i didnt screw up the burn) not being able to be reripped. you cant go wrong either way.

has anyone else noticed at SMS or meritline that the TY/jvc disc are now the golden color(JVC brand) i think we have officially lost a quality media maker in TY. i dont buy the merger thingy of an excuse. it got to costly for TY to keep the high quality that we have entrusted over the years. JM2C.... i still have about 300 of the good 8x-r's. yea i know no where close to some of our resident collectors....lol ;)~

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

So that's what the deal is on the JVC Taiyo Yuden thing at SMS. I haven't been keeping up much on media and recently was going to buy some and saw JVC next to all TY's. They also have SMS Taiyo Yuden's - anyone know what the diff is?
    I'm running low but I may just have to switch to Verb for all.

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

The JVC TY's are working every bit as well as the TY's of old. And I still have never had a bad verbatim burn. Every one plays flawlessly.

Here are a few scans of the Arab Emir discs. I guess not every one can be 98's. Of course! LOL!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Karen the JVC/ Taiyo Yudens i got at SMS code out as TYGO-3s

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I compared my TYG03's to the new JVC ones a while back. It seems like there was a slight difference in prerecorded information. But otherwise, they're the real deal ;)

9. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the info guys! I'll take the plunge then and buy them.

10. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Karen if you don't want to gamble get the premium-line instead of the value-line (I still use the value-line with little to no trouble though).still the best blank media out there

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...this is the ugliest TYG03 scan I've seen in quite a while! Totally the disc too. The iHAS424(7241S), yields some of my best burns ;) It was on the bottom of the stack. Perhaps that has little to do with it though LOL!

It should be noted, that this disc is a JVC TYG03, and that I never saw this ugly a scan with the genuine TY discs...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well, this one looks much better :D This is from my new batch of JVC TYG03 Semi-Gloss printables(Same as the last). I hope the whole batch does this well ;)
    [​IMG]

13. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Well,Well,Well Passing off fake liteon's I got but gonna says where they from and few people know so don't tell.lol. I did a short video bought to you by photobucket.com the video not that clear cause it's kinda dark in my room and out of focus also with my cell phone Listen real clear when. I sake the drive turn your speakers up Guys. I hate when manufactures tell you one think and it turns out to be a lie from the get go what nothing made real these days no more? I gotta hold of Russ and stopped his bus from rolling in with his Fakes also he'll never trust Liteon again order Cancelled. I found Rob with the Real Deal Holyfields talking with him tonight Via E-mail back & Forth at work stating in fact his A's why these are Y's rebadge fake insides Optaric/NEC why did'nt they just put Sony on the front Dang or better Yet NEC hiding under cover with Liteon Badge in front and labeled on the cover this what.I was saying on the AMD thread you think your getting a Lexus but end up with a Toyota Look under the Hood. I did tonight and. I'm upset...aight now for the pics and video
    remember listen to the sake...my goodness

Chip
    [​IMG]

Model#
    [​IMG]

back together can you tell it was apart to look under the Hood?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video
    http://s1021.photobucket.com/albums/af340/Bigwill68/?action=view&current=FakeLiteon.mp4

Ya'll be the Judge!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
  14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

And yet Robs drive is a genuine lite-on? This is really infuriating...

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    I'm requesting proof that Rob's drive is not an NEC! 4 screws, slip the cover off, and take a pic! Simple enough for a child to do! There's no label to break, voiding the warranty, so let's see it! I took my 7240 next door, handed the 8 year old neighbor girl a Philips head screwdriver and asked her to remove the cover for me. She had it off in less than two minutes. I asked her to put it back on and she did. If she can do it, so can Rob!

Enough said!
    Russ

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

not that i have to prove my self to any *bleep* body here, i dont know why when ever i say or do something it is wrong???? but to prove to the haters, here are the *bleep* pics, even without the pic anyone with any kind of knowledge of these drive will now the NEC chipsets dont do jitter test and scan in the 5,8,12 and 16x speed and the liteons mediatek chips scan in the 2,4,6,8,10,12 and 16 speeds here is these pics first
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nec scan with no jitter
    [​IMG]
    liteon scan with jitter
    [​IMG]

now the outside of MY TRUE LITEON IHAS324-9A model
    [​IMG]
    now the inside
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

no you wont see anything on the chip-set stating what it is, and mine is not the only one.. do some research over at cdfreaks and you will see that everyone with the "A" model is the same way..
    if thats not proof enough than i cant do any more to prove it... and dont really care if anyone beleives it or not. i know the truth, i can read and search things that i want to know about, i dont need to call someone a liar because i didnt get what i thought i was getting when i bought it.
    GOOD BYE

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Rob, I hope that I did not fuel that response. You do not infuriate me. The fact that lite-on puts their name on an obvious optiarc(the Y drive) is very upsetting. People buy lite-on for their drive. Not an optiarc. Granted there are those that just want an optical drive, and don't care of the name. Excellent pics though. I already believed you had a lite-on for the most part. Seeing your scans and other evidence of the drive. I still hope that I don't need a lite-on for a while. They've obviously made it more difficult to get a genuine lite-on drive :(

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I have a spare one of each vaiety NEC and Lite-on. The lite-on was purchased incorrectly when I was trying to get the Opt 7200S. thanks gman I still have it LOL :)

Rob, you da man! Nice picks, now go get a chill pill before you stroke out on us good buddy.

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's another excellent YudenT02 scan. Burned with 7200S @8X booktyped -ROM.
    [​IMG]

20. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Aight Ya'll got me cracking the LiD's open on a few of my Old Drives here They all Still Work fine. I just think it's some of the crappie blank media the the dvd burner manufactures are cutting corners on making there products trying to buy cheap parts from other venders and share the profit which each other.I got a few pics to share from the oldest to the newest

All Four

[​IMG]
    from left to right
    LH-18A1P185C November 2006 (Great Drive) Have 1
    DH-20A4PO4C July 2008 ( Pretty Good) have 2
    SOHW-1693S06C July 2005 (Oldest 1) Found
    iHAS324-08 A ( Not my Favor)

as you can see 3 IDE and 1 sata the 18x and the 20x have the same board but 20x has ESMT on it's chip but the 18x only has numbers and funny looking letter W

[​IMG]

18x

[​IMG]

20x

[​IMG]

now my 24x looks just like Rob's iHAS324-09A Board and all accepted the serial# and part# as you all notice the IDE boards are bigger than the Sata boards also...

[​IMG]

maybe.I should fire up the Old 16X Paint it black and burn some TY's and Verbs

16X Board

[​IMG]

another thing the 16x and the 18x has that funny looking Letter W on there chips True Liteons...I guess we really do gotta shop by Model#'s instead of the name on the front judge these books by there covers better yet the insides.lol

sorry if. I took up to much space trying to get point across

Happy Burning Guys!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010