1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I was going t edit my post but what the heck - took me to long to figure it out :)

Dang garmoon mom turning 90? Wow now that is great! Glad to see you post all is good in your neck of the woods!

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

It has been a while. I've got a bit more time on my hands now though, and I usually skim through every once in a while anyway, so thought I'd post around a bit this time. Glad to hear it, and that's quite the milestone so good for her! :)

Looks like a decent drive. I (stupidly) just bought Pioneer because it was Pioneer when I built a new PC a few months back; it's okay but a bit sluggish and could be better. It doesn't support CDSpeed either so can't really benchmark it. That'll teach me for sticking with what I knew and not researching it first!

Good to hear, I'm sure it will :) It is really isn't it! Starting to feel a bit too grown up for my own good :p

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

They're capping the oil well as I type. Hopefully this will put an end to our long summer nightmare. And it was only 98 today, 100 and 99 Mon and Sun(Both record). We even had seasons-snowed 3 times last winter. And now football season's 30 days away.

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

Hey Wee Jackie.. :) Great to hear you're finished with school... do UNI.. don't put it off to long or you'll be like me and Binkie.. LOL. I finished when I was 32 and I think Binkie is creeping up on about 28 or 29. :D :D :D

Good to "see" you about.. hope all is going the way you want it. ;)

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

WOW hasnt been this much activity in here in a long time..lol
    hey Ripper doing good here thanks. glad to see ya pop in. stick around some. ;)
    i did respond to that post. it looks like he got all the good info needed before my post.

hey does anyone know if AD still has a irc chat?

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

It does seem a lot quieter here than "back in the day" - the Nero forum was practically thread after thread of mundane logs :p I might just stick around for a bit, who knows! Cheers for looking by.

Funny you should mention it, I was trying to find one earlier, but as far as I know it all closed down a few months back. There is always #afterdawn on irc.ircnet.com, but that is where all the Finns hang out :D Shame, the old IRC used to be good fun.

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Binkie

I apologize for now saying hello and asking about yourself in my reply. So a big hello stranger.

@Ripper

Go straight to UNI and get it done and through. Then get yourself a good job and play all you want. Once you start playing, it's hard to go back being serious again. I went to summer school and got on with it and before I knew, it was over.

8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Oh my no worries garmoon! Things are going good - I can't complain :)

gm - yep you got I'm going on 29 :D

I too think aD is slower than it used to be - like Jack posted the days when the Nero forum was hopping!

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

[​IMG]

this is on one of them life series verbs)cmc mag) not to bad i guess

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ha ha! The Asus drive I just bought appears to be a definite lite-on drive. Jitter tests are available, and lite-on tools appear to work. I am happier than a fly in $h!t LOL! Provided it lasts a while that is ;)
    Burns and scans to come :D

Ok, apparently I was mistaken about the jitter test. I ran the special application that was designed for iHAS/iHAP drive to no avail. Apparently if we wish to see jitter tests with this drive, a firmware upgrade will be needed, or the application patched ;)
    Failures are substantially different then what the LH-20A1H reported.
    LH-20A1H scan
    I'm beginning to wonder if Lite-ons quality died with the LH DH series :( My BD burner has flaws, my iHAP was a lemon, and the difference in failures between the two drives is monumental if you ask me :p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    You don't have to upgrade the bios for the Jitter test to show, you have to downgrade it. I know with my Asus DRW-24B1ST Jitter works with 1.01 firmware. With the 1.03 firmware it goes through the test after the scan is finished, but you never see the results.

I've had all sorts of googles come up with the 24B1ST being a LiteOn ihas-124, but they are full of it! They may be LiteOns, but they ain't ihas-124s! I've had both apart, and they are completely different both inside and out. The Asus 24B1ST is superior in Build quality, and the tray is not flimsy like the ihas124s, and are very quiet opening and closing. Very smooth operation with no rattling when you open it empty, like the ihas124 does. They are almost impossible to hear at all, and they are the quietest and smoothest drives I've ever owned, and I've owned a bunch of recent burners. They make good scanners, with both giving virtually identical results, even though mine aren't from the same batch number! I haven't had a single issue after about 65 burns with them. I may downgrade the Firmware to 1.01, so that the Jitter works. Even though mine were OEM, they both came with Nero 9 Essentials, E-Green (Power saving), and E-Hammer, which is a program to erase the disks with no chance of recovery, or of ever being able to read anything that was on them again. They are excellent drives!

Best Regards,
    Russ

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well I hope mine ends up being excellent. I won't know til I backup a translucent disc, or a really scuffed disc ;) It sure as hell better read anything I throw at it at this point! It's brand new!!! :) I doubt it will live up to the DRU 820 or LH-20A1H though. Very few burners/Roms are able to boast 1,000+ discs xD

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    The Optiarc AD-7170 and 7190 were like that, although I did have an AD-7170 go up in smoke under warranty. It was replaced by the AD-7190. The original 7170 I bought over 5 years ago is still going strong. It was in my E6750 when I sold it, with over 1000 burns. It really wasn't the drives fault for the smoke signals, it was a crappy No/Name PSU! I'm lucky that it didn't do more damage to my computer than the Burner!

Russ

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a burn/Scan by my new Asus drive. Didn't expect this! Of course the dyes were produced in United Arab Emir, the best Verb Dyes I've seen xD

Unfortunately, I didn't want a burner, I wanted a reader. And it's already had one hiccup, that the LH-20A1H/S has never had. I'm gonna be really skeptical about this one. Lite-on...Please focus more on the reading potential of a drive. Just about any burner can burn discs well enough. But very few drives can boast freakish reading potential. If more of your drives could do this, you'd have a customer for life! No joke! If anyone is aware of a new drive, that preferably newegg has, that can read really well, I'm all ears :D

Strange booktype too. Never seen that one before...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

excellent scan OM7, no jitter though. id like to see what that would be on that disc. id say low 8's maybe high 7's

i havent seen a scan like that in a blue moon. i cant get any good disc. even my TY's arent given me the good scans. ive been looking everywhere for the verbs with the AZO dye, i cant find any. and every batch of verbs i found that are MIT's have been codeing out as CMC MAG. i hate these disc.

as far as liteon goes. they dont need to try and work on haven a good reader or a good burner, just work on being liteon instead of every other wanna be brand. screw the rebadged stuff. stick with your own name that everyone knows and used to rely on. TBH the last truely awesome reader i had was my liteon 18A1P that thing read a wet paper towel if i could get it in the drive tray..lol go ahead GM say it.. i know it took me 3 try with it to get a good one finally..lol

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I've never seen a CMC MAG verb. I generally only buy my Verbs from newegg. The UAE batches(United Arab Emir), seem to be few and far between though. I'd say I get lucky 1/5 batches. Don't see too many of them. It should be noted that I buy the branded media, in the purple packaging. I don't like the shiny lacquer surfaces. They finger print too easily ;)

Russ, I rolled back to Firmware 1.01 to no avail. Still no jitter. I ran the regular version of CD speed, and the patched version for the iHAS/iHAP drives. I guess my drive needs another patched appy ;)

If you see the UAE discs, you really do want them. They're consistently good discs :D

Hey rob, I suppose that could be true about any drive. You could buy 3 identical drives, and only one of them is a super reader. I should accept that. For all I know, there were bad LH-20A1H drives. But I used 2 of them, and they behaved exactly the same. My 7200S drive may be a good reader, but it's such an excellent burner, I hate to waist its talent on reading. But I do need a good reading drive too...

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well got me some new verbs with the AZO dye. yes they are the UAE coded ones. this is more like it...lol but why is the MIT's so crappy now.

[​IMG]

anyone heard anything about the AD7260S???? they are real cheap at microcenter... $19.99

heres one i just did on the other IHAS324

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i cant seem to get any thing about this drive. it wont booktype/bitset. and when i try to change it in nero cd/dvd speed it freezes up and i cant open anything else unless i reboot the system.
    im trying to find a FW update for it but it looks like the AD7240s when it first came out, no bitsetting FW.
    here is a scan i just did from the AD7240s with the new verbs... i am wanting to see if they are UAE -r's

[​IMG]

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Just bought the 7261S. I should have it thursday if UPS and newegg remain consistent ;) I'll retire one of my 7241S's to either a shelf, or another machine. When I purchased it, I was thinking about retiring my 7200A. Silly me, the 7200A is IDE, the new drive is sata, and I have no free IDE ports or Sata...
    Perhaps my brother can use one. His DRU 840 is screwing up CD's now.