1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ha ha! By the way, I ran a verify process after that. It passed with flying colors. I don't doubt it did well. I read somewhere (Probably newegg), that the customer allowed their "Verbatim LTH" disc to remain in direct sunlight for a few days. And it still played after that. NICE!!! If it can stand that, than surely were looking at some decent longevity...

I have to comment about my new LG WH10LS30 drive. I feel bad about shrugging off my last LG drive now. My new BD LG drive is obviously very capable. So far any way LOL! Its at least 20 - 33% faster than the iHES108 drive at reading/ripping. And virtually no pixelation, stutters, or artifacts. Virtually no read errors. As long as it stays that way for a good time, I'll be happy. What's funny is, I heard that this same LG drive has a Riplock on the drive. It was certainly quicker than I'm used to reading a BD disc! If that's true, than Oh baby! I may just have to set my sites on LG for a while LOL!

I had it rip "Click" today, because I no longer trust the iHES108. Lite-on is really making me iffy about buying their stuff now. I'll likely be RMA'ing the iHES108 this week...

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman... LG builds great ODD"s.. you just have to get their best ones. :) I've had very GOOD luck with the Renesas chipset LG drives... Panasonic chipped LG's have their moments.... LOL. ;)

Good for you on the BD backups... keep up the good work mate!!! :)

3. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I'll be darned! That's the one I had! I sold it to my buddy for half the price, because I didn't like how slow it read. I believe now it was due to riplock. And the jitter was rather high on the burns :S

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oman7 that's a Panasonic chipset but it may be a good one.. do some research to make sure you can remove riplock and so on. ;) I haven't purchased an ODD in over 2 years I think. lol. LG maybe 3 years... all the LG's I have (5 I think) are Renesas chipsets... SO I know fo sho they works goods!!! :)

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Any BD drives with Renesas chipset? Lite-on really has me irritated. I don't think I'll trust them for a while...

7. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

I have this one as well GH22NS30 but it's just laying in the draw not used...I fill it's not good as the GH22NP20 and Yes they do Rip Real Slow but Burn Fast!
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...7136152&cm_re=gh22ns30-_-27-136-152-_-Product

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got me a AD-7260S Yesterday at Micro Center for $25.Got with Robo on the F/W update and Bitset to get it running right haven put it in a case yet until this afternoon when. I get time:)Made in Japan to Bad we can't find Blank media made in japan any more:(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010
  8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Will if you're having good luck with the Panasonic chips then maybe they are getting better. :) Glad to hear they burns GOOD. ;)

Happy burning peoples. ;)

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I believe my DRU 820 had a panasonic chipset. It was my best reader for quite some time. Burned quite a few discs too :D

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok long time no post. just looked at the burners at new egg. what the help is the deal? are they making junk now? $19 for a burner what is going on? im not complaining but makes me wonder why these drive got so cheap so fast.

m looking ot take out 2 sata drives and replace with 2 IDE drives. why? cause i can..lol i wanna see how these drives respond not useing all 8 of my sata ports.

GM where you been? ive tried calling a few times, it might have been pass your bed time though...lol hope all is well there is texas!!!!

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

My last drives have been BD drives. Perhaps that has something to do with Dvd optical prices dropping ;)
    Haven't done scans because I'm down to one lite-on (LH-20A1S) that's capable of jitter testing, and I don't wanna stress it too much. It's the only one I trust 100% to read a disc without error...though the 7200S seems to be doing a good job as well xD

Perhaps I'll do a couple today.

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's one. Not quite what I'm used to, but I'm sure its fine ;)
    [​IMG]

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Just ran my second and third blu ray burn. The second failed about the middle of the job. Some kind of I/O error. My guess is because I was watching a TNG episode off of one drive, while the other was involved in a burn process. Either the bandwidth had an issue(Doubtful @ 18,000Kb/s), or the C:\ cache was saturated. I'm so sick of software utilizing the C:\ cache, it's NOT even funny. Honestly? Why not use that insane amount of RAM I purchased? Or my other 2 hard drives installed? Programming for C:\ cache must be easier. Sure is unfortunate though. If we're doomed to this, I sure hope solid state disks can handle a lot of multi tasking with the main cache.

I allowed the third burn complete use of all resources. It completed the job. I won't know if the disk is good for quite some time though. I have no interest in watching the movie right now LOL! Perhaps the next burn.

The only other difference in these burns from the first burn, is my current disks are not LTH discs. I want to run my own experiment with the non LTH disks. Plus they're more compatible with players.

YEAH! While the Verbatim LTH (VERBAT-IMw-00) discs do not play on the Samsung BD-P1590, the regular Verbatims (VERBAT-IMc-00) do. Very happy day :D I'm so happy, I feel like burning even more! LOL!

Happy burning! ;)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  14. greensman

greensman Regular member

registry1 do you mean that your discs are the problem or the ODD (optical disc drive)?

The Optiarc drives have been a little hit and miss lately so an upgrade in f/w might be the issue. Make sure you're burning below 20x for now and see if that helps. I'd start at 8x and go up from there to see where the issue begins if I'm on the correct track. HTH.. :)

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Dvd Rw eh? That's how windows refers to the 7241S. What seems to be its problem?

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thats just the generic info win7 uses for the drive. it is a dvd rw drive. there is to many possibilities of drive names for them to use, so they go with the basic common name. look in device manager under hardware it will show the true name there.

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

"""I am using that also"""
    I simply meant he must be talking about the Optical disc drive, not a disc ;) Must have been a spammer. His post is gone...

How the heck are ya Rob? :)

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

pretty good. been working like mad, basketball with my middle son, B-days and such. im not getting alot of puter time. did my first scan in some time. it was a good one too, but before i saved it i ejected the disc... rookie mistake...lol

hows things been with you?

if i dont show my face in the next few days. EVERYONE, have a good thanksgiving.

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

All is well here :) Hope you have a good one as well.

Here's a pretty impressive burn from my oldest workhorse ;)
    [​IMG]

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok all you scan lovers..lol just did this one with clonedvd2 (on the fly) disc to disc movie/menu only. just a little over 3.5gb very nice scan. Burnt @12x on the UAE verbs. just about everything i have burnt with these disc comes out like this. this was burnt on the IHAS324A with the BLC1 fw my other one has the BL1D fw. even my AD7260S and AD7240S puts out the same results. i have fouind though these disc wont burn at 10x speed with imgburn. 10x is not compatible with this media.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:MCC-004-000]
    Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
    Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
    Manufacturer ID : [MCC]
    Media Type ID : [004]
    Product Revision : [Not Specified]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
    Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]
    [ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]
    nero,clonedvd2 imgburn wont allow you to burn at 10x. if i remember correct the GOOD,OLD MIT verbs allowed 10x burning?? dont have any to check..lol

[​IMG]