1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

so i have powerdvd 9 right now. i will be fine with that?

2. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

That's what I'm using to watch Blue Ray on the computer.I use any DVD to rip Rebuilder then image burn . Best of all worlds IMO Chris

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

when i bought my anydvd back in 2008, i got the lifetime updates with it. will i have to get the blu-ray version of anydvd to be able to rip them?

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Don't quote me, but I believe you'd have to upgrade to anydvdHD
    Mine expires in one month :S

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i just got on slysoft.com and posted in a forum, i will have to upgrade to AnyDVD HD, but since i got anydvd back when it offered lifetime updates i will get the HD update for life also. but it cost $85 and t was in feb of 2007 that i got my version of anydvd. they looked it up for me..lol but dang $85 for it. i paid $25 for it in 2007...lol

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

let us know how you like the drive brother . I may buy one also, I keep thinking these Plextors will give out anyday (after 3 plus years) and the keep on rolling. They have burned alot of DVDs !!

8. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Mine just came the other day. This one was true OEM no cable, book, or disk! The way the other 2 should've.Speaking of Plextors I still have 3 of the 716's one from the alpha man. Chris

9. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

and I'm the alpha man lol....can believe you still have it.

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

wow o ordered it Saturday evening. got the email showing its shipped and i should have it tuesday... coming from EDISON, NJ. thats a good thing. i guess there is 2 versions of this drive. a B & C. the C version comming from the California warehouse is the less favorable drive. gonna do seom more research on this thing. guess im gonna need to find a newer version of power dvd.

11. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

All i'm using is power DVD 9. let me know how to tell the versions. AtZoZolV I knew just had to throw it, so you would catch it . Had to be about 4 yrs ago. Named her Adriana she has her off days!Chris

12. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Only thing I've found is on the Model 2 are UH12LS28 and the other is UH12LS38.The drives all seem about the same. Not the fastest readers at first but get better as they get used more. From what I read was the Pioneers are the faster readers.Haven't had a Pioneer in BR so I don't know for sure.

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

You're telling me that MPC won't work with a BR disc... lol

14. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Duh I think so. Also Gom player, but I just use Nero mainly from habit.I also have PDVD9.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  15. greensman

greensman Regular member

I was gonna mention Nero but I haven't tried it with a BR disc. ;) Of course I haven't tried a BR disc with anything. I do have a PS3 but NO BR movies. :p

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I've read good things about pioneer drives. My LG has gotten better over time. But I think the burn function may be getting tired. Although it's never really liked burning at high speed. I've never had a 2X burn fail. And probably 1/50 @ 4X. I'm probably gonna be in the market for a new BD burner soon. I may just try a pioneer next time. Until I hear of an NEC chipped Optiarc Blu ray burner :D

MPC-HC always works in a pinch. I prefer Total Media Theater for blu-ray though. MKV files though, MPC-HC is definitely the best. Although with Haali media splitter installed, I believe just about any media player can handle MKV's :p

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

Thanks for the info Oman... very helpful. ;)

I'm a fan of Pioneer drives but there were a few back a generation or so that were "ok" at best... I've had more than a couple of Pioneer DVD burners and nice drives. :-D

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

MPC??? im lost on that one...lol

The difference with the 39 model and the 38 is the ability to write to the new M-discs.

the M-disc are supposed to be able to last a lifetime???? so they say.

guess im gonna have to do a FW update to get pass the LG RIP LOCK/READ SPEED
    guess it slows the spped of being able o rip a blu ray disc.??

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Riplock slows the rip speed. Though I'd say it's not that bad...

MPC is Media Player Classic. It'll play just about anything :D If you tell it to open a folder/directory, DVD or Bluray, it'll play it. I don't use it very often, but I believe it will only play the main title(the movie). No trailers or extras. Unless you tell it to "Jump To". With movies that have nasty Java protection, no promises on the playback being in proper sequence though...

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a 6X Verbatim BD-R(NON LTH) burned at 4X. The WH10LS30 has been failing to close the LTH discs. I'm a bit nervous that it may be going out. A couple times I've had to reinsert blanks, to get it to acknowledge the blank. This is not a good sign. Never had an issue ripping discs though. I imagine that will last a while longer. But in the mean time, I bought the WH12LS39. I can't wait to begin testing with it. I'm probably gonna buy the one year warranty, considering the WH10LS30's premature demise. Yes, I've had it a fair bit longer than that. But In my opinion, I haven't burned that many discs with it.
    I verified the burn against the image file. Checked out perfectly. And the scan is highly agreeable as well ;)
    [​IMG]