1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

OM7, i think those are the disc i just bought. 3 of them for $6.99

are you ripping the movie to your HDD, then burning from that? or are you useing
    BD-rebuilder? remember this is my first adventure intot blu ray land.lol so it is all new, im sure to have many a questions. how long did it take to burn that 20+gb? so burning the blu ray at the lower speed is the best? i dont for-see myself burning alot of blu ray disc. im wanting to rip/convert then burn to dvd5 or dvd9 im sure converting that much data down to a dvd5 isnt good?? and then is that just movie only?

then? does the burnt blu ray moive/disc look as good as the original?

these are what i just got.
    [​IMG]

so i should be ready to burn to these as soon as i install the drive right?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

The discs in your picture likely have the same recording dye, that I just scanned. I haven't had any coasters of those yet. The LG drive seems to be finicky of the LTH discs lately. Not sure why.

BD rebuilder can output to many different types of backup. DVD compliancy. BD-5 BD-9 BD-25(my preference). A lot of people like to use single layer dvds for the BD-5 output. Because they're so cheap. I produced a backup of "Speed"(with keanu reeves) to single layer dvd (AVCHD). It looked very agreeable. But it isn't that long of a movie. You need to just play with it, and decide what's best for you. I prefer flawless longevity backups. When I use a projector down the road, I don't wanna see all the compression artifacts.

Burn speed (as usual) depends on the drive and the media. I would say 4X is a happy medium for the media you posted in the picture. Optiical quantum? 2X! Ritek? 2X! 2X is around 45min, 4X is around 23min. Burning at 2X doesn't bother me. I have multiple hard drives, so it doesn't slow my productivity. I've played games, and watched movies, while burning. Wouldn't recommend taxing the burn drive with too much.

Yes, I use bd rebuilder to output to single layer BD. Sometimes (1/20) the industries BD disc is singler layer. That makes it easier ;)

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Here is what ya get for a OEM drive now days.lol

[​IMG]

1BD burner
    1 owners manual
    1 install disc
    1 data cable
    1 4 pin moles to data cable.
    1 happy customer. Lol

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yeh Rob... but you have to be smart enough to use it... ROFL. ;)

J/K buddy.... good luck with your new adventure. :D

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Yea there is no color by numbers to this one;)

Lol to tired to mesa with it tonight when I get off work.ill slap it in the big red machine in the morning. Plus I have to go her a blue ray movie to toy with as well. ;)

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unique Disc Identifier : [BD-R-SL:VERBAT-IMe-000]
    Disc Type : [BD-R SL : Class 0 - Version 1]
    Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Kagaku Media]
    Manufacturer ID : [VERBAT]
    Media Type ID : [IMe]
    Product Revision : [000]
    Stamper Date : [March 2010]
    Layer Info : [1 Layer (L0) : 25.03 GB (23.31 GiB) Per Layer]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [12,219,392 Sectors = 25.03 GB (23.31 GiB)]
    Recording Speeds : [1x , 2x , 4x , 6x]
    [ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

drive is in and that is the info for these disc i bought.(only 3) gotta og to my sisters house and get one of her blu ray movies to experiment with..lol yes i have no blu ray movies..lol

i think one of the gigabyte sata controllers is bad on my board. as im now using all 8 ports.6 normal and the 2 gigabyte controlled ones. heck i need another port to have all 5 hdd going..lol4 burners and 5 hdd. one is a odd man out..lol

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok just got back from my sisters getting a couple movies.lol
    here is anydvd HD ripping this ad boy..lol

[​IMG]

powerdvd 9 didnt want to act right with windows when useing it as playback.
    so i swtiched over to Corel Windvd 11.. very nice program. OMG this blu ray on my monitor is unreal!!!!!. hope my conversion looks as good when i get to do it.

gotta loook at slysoft and see about clondvd HD/BR???

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

and got BD Rebuilder going. full movie, target size BD-25.

[​IMG]

guess im gonna have to wait and see tonight how long it takes.???

this disc originally is 44.4? gb

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

The size of the original generally means nothing. The running time(and total frames) is what's to be considered, as far as how long it will take. I've ran discs that have 6hrs+ of content.
    Remember, this is the scan thread :p

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

lmao. i gotta get the disc burnt before i can scan it....lol

now thats the next topic. will nero discspeed scan blu ray? or am i gonna have to find something else to scan it with..??

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

CD-DVD speed was succeeded by Optidrive control. The same coder/author if I'm not mistaken. From what I can tell, 4.7.7.16 can scan a bluray disc. And the scores are fairly similar to what I see with Optidrive control. I imagine Optidrive control was designed with Bluray in mind though. I recommend ditching CD-DVD speed. At least as far as BD's are concerned.

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

[​IMG]

looks like optidrive control dont work with this drive???? nor does cd dvd speed????

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I didn't even think about that. I always use my Lite-on for the scanning :S There's probably a registry hack that could enable scanning with the LG though.

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i only got the one blu ray drive, so it dont look like im gonna be able to scan these disc..lol

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

This is the first scan I've done since I upgraded to Win7, 8GB (2x4GB) of memory, and the new SSD

Asus DRW-24B1ST 1.03 Written on G @12x, scanned on G @8x

[​IMG]

Asus DRW-24B1ST 1.03 Written on G @12x Scanned on H @8x

[​IMG]

Yet if I burn one on H @12x and scan it on H @8x it fails the test. But if I scan the same disk with the G drive @8x I get this!

[​IMG]

Each drive scans the other drive's burns better than it's own. Doesn't make much sense to me! The serial numbers of the drives are consecutive, so you would think they would be pretty even, but some will not play in the drive they were written with? Very odd!

Best Regards,
    Russ

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ive havent had the issue of a just burnt disc not play in the drive i burnt in on. that is odd. double check your cables make sure they are plugged in god and firmly. i just had a issue i thought my drive was dieing and all it was, was a loose cable. knock on wood.

as for other drives scanning better than the orginal writing dirve, that is normal for these scans. heck you know you can scan a disc 5 times in a row and get different results.

18. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,

Here's what it looks like when I try to scan the disk burned @12x in H drive and then scanned @8x in H.

[​IMG]

It's the same disk as the bottom one on my last post. No bad cables or loose connections either.

Best Regards,
    Russ

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Any dots on the disc? Like a dark spot? I find those imperfections fairly often. Usually with Taiyo yuden, no big deal(pretty rare too). Ritek though.... Not good.

Ah! +RW. That's a different ball all together!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  20. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,

They aren't +RW, they are 16x +R Verbs. The Opti Drive control is misreading them for some reason. I've looked over the disks pretty well, and don't see anything physical on the disk or in the dyes. It plays on the new LiteOn in Oxy, The Combo drive I resurrected from belt drive to gear driven, and it's pretty old, and it plays fine in the laptop! I'm not going to worry about it.

Here's how Nero see's it! Note the DVD+R. Same batch of DVDs too. I haven't been burning many this past year.

[​IMG]

Here's the same disk on one of my Asus drives. It comes up as DVD+R. I checked some of the other disks in the stack, and all of them say DVD+R. I think Verbatim goofed somewhere, because it says DVD+R on the disk. I've had one RW DVD, and it was a freebee along with a new drive that Russell bought. I used it twice and it went bad.

[​IMG]

Best Regards,
    Russ

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012