1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2008
  2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

never used the plus R format since i buy online there to much money. different batch lol. i get media about once a month.

heres a scan with the high compatibility mode turned off in nero as Russ said it might be

[​IMG]

3. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

ZoSoIV,
    Too much money? I use these Ridata +R 16x and have had exactly 2 coasters in almost 700 burns.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817132389

I swear by them as the 2 coasters I did have were completely my fault. I burned when it told me not to! LOL!! At $19.99 for 100, and very good quality (I checked with DocTY before I started using them), I don't see how you can go wrong.

Best Regards,
    Russ

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Bigwill68
    nice scan there. thats the first upload off the big red machine.lol

@ZOSOIV
    now thats a sweet scan id take those numbers every day. under 10,000 PIE's very nice.

guess i need to look into the high compatiblity in nero. where did ya find that at. options?

@Russ
    i got your pm.
    there realy isnt much differnece from 3.55 to 3.5. im gonna do some reading up on those test so i understand them a little better.

5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    Please do me a favor and just answer it. Just a simple hello. I can't see it because it was done with notepad and then pasted into a PM. I've never seen the finished product because you can't get at one of your own PMs unless it's answered. Then it goes on your PM list and you can see it. Normally I wouldn't do it that way, but I wanted to give you a clear picture to go by. I get a big kick out of the fact that SuperPi at 3.55 was about 3/4 of a second slower than it is at 3.5, and at about 300 less MIPS to boot! There's a lot to be said for painstakingly tweaking all the memory settings. It does take time, as DoctY told me, but you can't argue with the results. Sorry that I neglected to take a pick of SuperPi 1M right after I slowed it down. The difference would be even more dramatic. An educated guess would be around 1 second slower than it is now! It's also a pretty good way to demonstrate what Throughput is all about. The computer is running slower, but it does more work in the same amount of time. When I get the 1066 memory, I'll be right up there with you! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

its in nero express!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@scott
    i like the look on the sig..sweet....

BlivetNC??????

first we beat the bosox sensless and now the yankmee's there so called #1 starter cant even get a out in the first inning before giving up 6 runs...lmao!!!!

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yes ZoSo the "new" sig is sweet!! ;)

I'll be back later with some scans!! :p

.....gm

9. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

They will be giving out those World Series Championship Rings pretty soon my dear Rob. Bright, Shiney, and New, unlike those tarnished old Cincy rings which are how old now?
    One a scanning note, I have a 100 spindle of 16X Verbatim +R disks which are giving me some spotty scans, 90% of the disk is great, but a small segement will show a large spike on the PIE and PIF's, never in the same area of the disk, anyone else see this phenomenom?

10. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

thanks guys the new sig is nice ripdox did it for me, i will post some scans soon

BTW is the free version just as fast etc. as the pay version of DVD Rebuilder? I'm going to start using it a bit instead of buying DL media, using the free version for now .let me know guys or PM/email me Chass,Robert

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@BlivetNC
    those verbs you have, are they the newer disc with the new packageing? made in india? ive heard they have had some small problems, not in playback but with more notciable PIE error. a higher amount. i bought 100ct at microcenter the otherday for$23.good price for them. but they had the newer stuff. and they are mixed. some MII and some MIT. i got lucky and found the older packaged stuff.

@Scott
    ive been useing dvd-rebuilder now for a month i guess. since my new build it takes on the average of 40 mins to do a 7+gb dl movie.
    i did titanic and it took 48 mins.
    you have the AMD 185 opty right? you should have apretty good times with that dont ya?

i dont know if there is a difference in the speed of the paid and free versions. i just think there are more options to use on the paid version.

i have been messing with dvd-rebuild myself. i didnt finish the movie but i used the disc as the source file and chose to do 6 passes instead of 2 and i also chose to burn to disc with imageburn afterwards. it started the process like normal. so id say it will do fine pulling from the disc.

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    According to the Author of DVDRB, there's almost no noticeable difference after 2 passes and is not worth the effort!

Best Regards,
    Russ

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ I agree with that only when reducing down to 4.7GB or so. ;) I believe if you're gonna stick 1, 2, or 3 movies on one disc then the multiple passes will help picture quality. I've only done that a time or two and it works fine but for the kiddies and they NEVER complain. lol.

....gm

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

oh i agree the 6 passes is a waste. i couldnt tell the difference in the 6 passes or the 2. i did it just to see what it does. playing around with the program to see what it can do.

you can use dvd-rebuild to combine 2 or 3 short movies also??? didnt know that might have to try that out.

15. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Cincyrob,
    The Verbs in queestion, the older version, MIT, the same type I have been using for a while.
    My next spindle is the 16X Sony disks, have never given me any problems either. I'm not giving up on the Verbs, just found the Sony's on sale when I needed them.

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

Just a few scans for the scanned depraved. hehehe. ;P

These were all burned with a Lite-On DH-20A3P (test f/w XV64 HT707)
    Nero Create Disc
    Scanned with same drive

bh RITEK R05 16X

mmwe MCC 003 16X

mmwe MCC 003
    12X

There is a thread over at CDF's and it's been a long time coming with this f/w. It's still not perfect but it's about the best they've produced so far. Actually it's been fairly interesting watching this f/w mature. Anyway this drive has become a pretty good performer even at high speeds as you can see. :)

....gm

17. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

the 12x burn looks more consistent

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

You're right ZoSo but the RITEK R05 media is '2nd' class media I think and at that speed is an impressive burn. I don't normally burn mine that speed (12x or 8x for me) but I had to do some testing. I haven't done any at 18x or 20x yet but I'm sure I will. lol. Testing only....just gotta know. :p

btw did you notice that the 2 other burns were on MCC 003 (8x media!!) and the overspeed burn turned out ok. :D

....gm

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i also have noticed a higher than normal amount of PIE errors. i have 4 movies here im gonna do and try a few differnet things/programs and see what i come up with..

plus the verbs im useing are the older MIT's also