1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I don't see anything that warrants a 3 for a final score on that disc...what gives?

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

It could be that initial PIF spike of 29.. ;)

You might try scanning that disc again or starting it again if you get that silly little spike in the beginning. I feel that a SINGLE spike like that is normally ignorable but if playback is an issue then matters need to be looked into. ;)

....gm

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok i redid pirates of the caribbean 3. its a 6+gb flick.used dvd-rebuilder

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

kinda got a odd question here.
    i have my 2 puters networking now. i can get into my HP system and get the files and burn them on my new build. will it take longer to pull from the other puter as to if i had the files on this puter?

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Robert it might be easier just to pull the HDD out of the HP machine plug it in to your new build and pull everything you want off of it. BTW i run two HDD its the only way to go you can store keycodes .files ,pics etc and then when you reformat you have everything you need saved on a slave HDD.

greenman is right I scanned the same disc again and got a 95 thats why i don't put alot of stock into nero scans. using top quality media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim and the playback is what most important. same disc different scan VVVVV

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@scott

your 100%right these scans are just toys to playwith..lol
    playback is the main thing and onlything one should go by.

if ya want to get a closer to acurate scan try the san at 4x instead of 8x. takes longer but i think is a little more acurate.

7. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

Ok I've got the DVD Rebuilder installed. A couple more questions. Does it shrink the movie and break the encrytion or do I need to install AnyDVD?

8. LOCOENG

You still need something for ripping as DVDRB won't handle anything that is copy protected...I suggest DVDFab HD Decrypter.

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

9. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

and yes its shrinks the file to 4.7 gig or smaller, use anydvd or dvdfab decrypter to rip dvdfab is really better being you can do the movie only with it

10. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

Thanks guys!

11. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

great lets us know how the program works out

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I have a question! I know the disks are often suspect when there's poor performance when checking some of these DVDs, but how much of that can be credited to the drive? All my Sony/Yuden and Ridata RO5s test out at about 98-99% with the Asus E616A2 DVD Rom drive, while they only do about 95-96% in the Nec/Optiarc AD-7170A Burner. Then again, I've always been of the belief that Burners are not as good as a player as a Good DVD Rom drive. Anybody have any thoughts on the matter?

Best Regards,
    Russ

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Russ
    your right, a dvd burner wont play as good as a dvd-rom drive, they really arent setup to do playback at high quality.im sure some of the older Plextors will have some above normal quality in playback.
    as for getting different scores with your different model burners, that will happen everytime. as for not all models are setup to read the burns the same. some have higher standards they go by to get the quality score. im not saying this cause i have 2 liteons or am a fanboy of them. lol the liteon tend to have the higher quality standards for the scans. ive seen scans(even from docTY) on the benq 1650/1655 drives that would be a 98% and then the same disc on liteon only be a 95%..i sent a few disc to docTY and had him scan them on his benq 1650 and he got alot higher scores than i did.

so i think its more of the drives doing the scans then it is the media. of course if its crappy media it dont matter your gonna get a crappy scan. but say if you burn something on a TY then i got the same disc and scaned it on my liteons they would be lower scores than you got.

id say 90% of us here use the same media TY,Verbs,Ridata....and overall i thkn we all tend to have the same brand drives. some have many many multiple brands models..abd if you notice the guys that post the scans the most we all are in the same ballpark with the scores.... i do know about 8-10 months ago there was alot of use getting 98% scan seems like every other day...but in the past few months i havent seen more than 2. i think these newer drives and the 16x media that is out have yet to figure out how to work together..

well i guess i got long winded there..lol sorry to ramble. and hope i made some sense out of that..lol

14. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

Well I tried DVD Rebuilder but I have no idea why it took so long and I don't know if I'll use it again. But here are the scans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

newtechie what are you computer specs again? That may be why it's taking so long. ;)

The scan looks good tho. :D

..gm

16. LOCOENG

Forgot to mention the difference in times. Basically DVDRB rebuilds the video from the ground up basically starting from scratch to give you the best possible quality of backup whereas DVD Shrink and similar programs compresses and remove bits and pieces of the video while they do thier thing. What are your PC specs? As Rob can attest the time difference is significant when moving up to a Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad with this program.

17. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I just use DVD Rebuilder for the high compressed movie files only, say 65% or below that

18. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

I have a freshly reformatted custom built P4 3.2ghz, 2gb ram, and a 250gb hard drive. The only programs I've installed are Nero, DVR-MS Toolbox, CCleaner, Foxit Reader, DVD Rebuilder, CloneDVD, DVD Fab Decrypter and my Epson printer software. I'm using WinXP MCE.

19. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

an hour to two hours is the norm when using DVD Rebuilder

20. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

newtechie,
    We could use a little more information than that. What make and model is the MB? What type (DDR, DDR2), speed and cas latency is the memory? Is it overclocked. The quality and specs can vary so much that it's hard to give you a decent answer.

My guess is that it's not overclocked! The quality and speed of the components you choose has everything in the world to do with how fast it performs. Better quality components usually translate out to better performance. I never had a DVDRB/CCE job take as long as the one you posted even with the Dell, so I would have to guess that your memory quality/speed and motherboard are fairly low dollar components. If not then something is not right! You don't have to sped a fortune, but rather choose wisely. There's a lot of very good quality motherboards and memory out there that can be had on sale that will make even a P4 perform a lot better than yours does now.

Best Regards,
    Russ