1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah thats the only thing i use it for to

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i need to scan some of these 12-15 burns i ahve done this past week... i did a Ritek DL lastnight it looked nasty as for a QS, and at the layer break it frooze when i was watching it...so i used DVD-rebuilder lastnight on it. took 151min on my HP system. so now ill just burn that to a dvd5(the justice league. new frontier)

got till wed. before i can use my new sata burner,,lol
    think im going the way Mort is.. not gonna OC anything for a couple weeks first.

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

Gotta love that FAST HP system. hehehe. ;P I have many more scans as well but nothing that would impress anyone. I flashed my Philips 2513 to a Lite-On 20A1S last night but haven't "tested" anything yet. I hope she still works. lol.

You BIG CHICKEN!!!! Not gonna OC for at least 2 weeks my ARSE!!! You'll tweak it within 3 days I say.... :p Remember you'll have to re-install everything to ensure a stable system. Well imho I think you should. :D

Glad to hear you're getting your mobo back so sooon and you'll be able to run the BRM again!!

..gm

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

so ya think i should reinstall windows again?
    reformat the HDD?your prolly right i should..

5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    I sincerely hope that this is sarcasm and not a question!

Let me think, do I want a nice fresh install of my OS or do I want to uest the one thats on my harddrive now? The one that was in it when I was having problems??? Hmm????? Duh!! ROFLMAO!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

6. tripplite

tripplite Guest

alright this has confused me for a while?? why are all you guys still using NERO LOL.....and why are you posting quality scans??? whats the point?? the only quality test is a younger sibling who thinks the VHS will play DVD.... confused to piece of why you guys are posting quality scans....

-tripplite

7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

it gives you a ballpark idea of how your system/optical drives and blank media are matching up. playback is whats important

8. tripplite

tripplite Guest

i would never trust nero with anything.....i think its just giving some random numbers and cool bar graphs to look at LOL!

is it really legit?
    -tripplite

9. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah pretty much it is , Its not a perfect by no means but works

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Your actual position on the matter seems a little vague to me. ;)

Why wouldn't we use Nero?

We post the scans because we do them and want to compare "egos" on who has the "best" scan and it's NOT really possible to pass up the guru of almost perfect. lol. UnJust has that with 6 PIF if I remember right.

TBH they have some value but they're not the definitive answer to the playability of a disc. To quote someone (maybe docTY..) "they're just eye-candy" and shouldn't be taken as a serious test on the playability of the disc itself...

I will say this... CDF uses them quite often on almost anything to do with a burned disc. They put a lot of stock in the scans and use them frequently to 'measure' the disc burned.

...gm

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i was jokeing about the reformat.. gonna have both the HDD in the new rig formated today i hope..

@Russ.
    i got the new DVD-Reb Pro v1.26 man is it sweet.
    i know i dont need to do it but i did 5 passes on it lastnight, it did take 314 mins....but with the pro version you can pause in the middle of it and pick back up when your ready to. plus there is all kinds of other goodies with it.

here is a scan of what i did lastnight.
    [​IMG]

i should have my mobo wed, so the times on REB.should/better go way down..lol

12. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

good scan bro ^^^

13. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Imgburn @ 20X on MCC004

New Pioneer 215D 1.13 straight outta da box before firmware update.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  14. greensman

greensman Regular member

Nice burn there LOCO..... :D

I would like to see that disc scanned in a "newer" Lite-On and with Nero for our own comparisons!! I haven't used DVDInfo much and I really don't know how that "burn" would compare with the tools that we've been using in the past. :p

Nice burn anyway and it seems that Pioneer is still making DANG good drives!!!!

ZZF has a couple of good deals too. linky

Here's some good deals for now from the EGG. link to DVDRW drives
    The Sony's are 20A3P and 20A3S Lite-On models. Of course the S=SATA and P=PATA. ;) Good drives and from the f/w that Wind (at Lite-On who posts at CDF) and his team are "refining" have "created" a dang good burner and decent scanner. Anyway that link provides some opportunities for a good burner if that's what your after and for "cheap" too. ;)

..gm

15. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@GM,
    with a high PIF of 3, his score would have been a 92 on Nero.
    one PIF equals a -2 - 2.5 point deduction from a perfect score,
    so you get either a 100, 98, 95, 92, or 90 depending upon the number of the maximum PIF number.

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

Has anyone seen the differences in the "AD webpage"? hmmmmmmmmmmm....

93 actually if the same scale is used. ;) BUT is DVDInfo the same as Nero and with the scan using a Pioneer to boot. ;) I'm definitely NOT knocking the burn/scan, it's fantastic, I just want to see it with a Lite-On (or BENQ) for curiosities sake. :D

I'll have to try that progie and see how the gm's drives like it. ;)

Thanks for the info blivetNC! ;)

...gm

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i kinda like the "new" look here..
    i got dvd-reb v1.26.6 runnning right now. doing 6 passes on it.. only useing 60% of the cpu

i ripped with the new LH-20A1S. took 6 mins 43 sec to rip it(entire disc 7.72gb) once done with rebuild im gonna burnwith this drive also.
    i did one lastnight got a 95 on it only 101 pif's max of 2.forgot to save the scan of it..lol

@GM
    whats the newest FW for this drive? im sure you have it. i think mine is 9lo8???

edit:
    found the newest FW for it came out 3-20-08 9LO9. just DL'd it will update once rebuild is done

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

go here >>> link <<< for the latest CK creation. It should "unlock" your drive and add some other goodies. ;) Of course you'll have to scan down and d/l the proper f/w for your drive. :D

hth...

.....gm

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

20. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Coulda sworn I responded to this earlier today...

Anywho, I really don't pay much attention to the percent score given by any program. As Blivet pointed out there will be a difference between the way the two programs interpret the scores and report them. This why I typically just look at the total PIF's and high PIF spike. Rob did a good job as a comparison between the two programs and there isn't really a big difference in the actual data from either...20 PIF's I think it was.