1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ go here and scroll down to the appropriate f/w for your drive... I would choose the one that follows. ;) After you do that you should just be able to unrar that file (if need be) and do your thing. Remember to remove any discs from that drive and don't do anything until it's finished. Then you'll have to restart your puter I'm sure. ;)

Liggy's AD-7170A Bitsetting Firmware 1.04 (f/w i would use/choose for your drive)

hth.....

....gm

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  3. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

greensman,
    Questions, Questions, Questions! OK, I've downloaded the driver you selected and unzipped it, and my first question is why the 1.04 FW? How did you determine that this is the right one, as there are several to choose from? Second question is, you say "and do your thing", but I have no idea of what my thing is! I haven't got a clue as I've never done one before! The original 1.03 FW downloaded from Optiarc came with these instructions.
    To me, these are clear as mud, and the 1.04 I downloaded came with no instructions at all! When they say "Use standard UDMA-2 IDE cable" are they meaning an 80 wire flat cable only, or can I use my round 80 wire one! Do they mean Master by the first plug on the cable or do they mean set the drive to master via the jumper?

It also says "Under Windows 2000 & XP login as administrator" I've never set an administrator password, so how do I do that? Then it says "Update without DMA mode, under Windows XP & 2000 in the device manager - "IDE ATA/ ATAPI controllers", you can switch from DMA to PIO mode". I've looked in the device manager and there doesn't seem to be any setting to change this! Throw in my Short term memory problems, where I may well forget from one word to the next, and I'm very unsure about doing this to begin with! I don't want to ruin the drive! LOL!! It may be simple to you, but it's all greek to me, and I don't speak greek! Sorry for all the dumb questions, but if I do this, I want it to at least stand a chance of working, so I don't want to make a mistake!

Best Regards,
    Russ

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Russ, you also need binflash Win32 GUI to flash the firmware.

http://binflash.cdfreaks.com/

...dump your current firmware, then flash the new firmware. You can also set your booktype with this tool if you wish.

6. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

LOCOENG,
    I'm just going to leave it alone for now. The more information I get the more confusing it becomes. At this point I don't know whether to follow the instructions from Optiarc or from the link you provided, whuch mentions none of the instructions from Optiarc about disconnecting USBs, and turning off the AntiVirus. I can't afford to roach the drive right now so maybe I'll fool with it down the road a bit. The only thing that doesn't work properly is it won't address when you insert a blank DVD, and you can't open blank media as it says there's no disk in the drive, yet it burns fine when you do make a disk! If the media isn't blank it addresses fine!

I'm not wimping out, but I'm wimping out! LOL!! I know nothing about all of this and like I said, it's all too confusing for my brain to handle as I have no idea what the right procedure is!

Thanks anyway,
    Russ

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well for all you baseball purest. there is now a 4th member of the 600+ HR club.(technally 6th bonds and sosa dont count)...

sorry off topic there...
    but i have some video of JR Hittin Homeruns im gonna make a dvd out of. yea that will be on a 8x+r TY...lol

8. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Russ, I've never followed any of the guidelines set forth by NEC other than the typical rules of thumb:

no media in drive
    tray closed
    don't run other software

The instructions they want you to follow are a little anal aren IMHO aren't necessary. I don't run in safe mode or anything like that...I've flashed my two NEC drives around 6X with no ill effects. I don't blame you for not trying right now, but if you need help in the future let me know.

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    The shame of it is, he's not half the man his father was! And why shouldn't Sosa count? I can understand bonds (who also wasn't half the man "his" father was either)! But I just can't see Sosa not having earned it!

Russ

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

for the same reasons bonds dont deserve it they were both shooting up the roids. bunch of dope'rs. sure Al davis is a smart man and his famous quote is "if you aint cheatin you aint tryin" but that goes for football...lol

in my eyes sammy sosa and barry bonds dont belong in 1 record book.except the record book of steroids..... just my 2 cents.

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

I agree LOCO but sometimes there is something with the drive... lol. LIKE Russ's drive now... hehehe.

What is this thread about??? :D

CMC MAG AM3 (20x selected 20x burn)

CMC MAG AM3 (20x selected 16x burn)

MCC 03RG20 (DVD-R printable Verb.... ;D) 20x burn!!!!

There's something to look at you spammers!!! :p

...gm

12. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

what the heck man cmc mag? have you lost you're mind lol

13. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

server

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  14. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Well,
    I tried everything and I just can't flash this drive. It met all the criteria, and the 1.02 FW in it now is one of the ones that are supposed to be able to be flashed. It works, and I don't have any problem with it except it doesn't address blank media, but still writes to it them with no problem. I would like to try a Lite-on, but I need a silver drive and the Lite-on's don't do too well being painted. Everything on the NEC tray cover is embossed so it looks real professional when I do paint them!

I followed Optiarc's instructions to the letter and I still get a bad checksum error. I can Dump the FW, but as soon as it starts to flash it just locks up the drive, with nothing to do but power down. I also downloaded the same FW. With the other software I get a checksum error! I've had enough with it, so I'm going to go "Recreate", if I can just find those stick matches! LOL!! Oh Billybob!!! ROFL!

Thanks for the help folks,
    Russ

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok fellas got a question.
    ive done a burn with nero cd/dvd speed. gona do all there scans/check.
    im useing a 8x+r ty i set the burn speed for 12x. the thing aqbout it, the speed only got up to 6x. i have smartburn turned on to be able to burn that fast. it even show 12x as a speed the disc is rated too. im actually scanning it now after the burn. ill have it posted once done.
    oh ea im burning on my LH-20A1S

guess ill check and see if it didnt slip back into pio mode.

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

allrighty now. here we go.
    got the benchmark,the brun and the scan here. started out as a awsome burn then died on me...

Benchmark
    Burn
    scan

now for the pio/dma mode. can a sata drive go into pio mode? i just tried to check that and i dont see where i can check that. shows my ide drives. they are in ultra dma mode 5. any clue on the sata drive?

im gonna try a 16x+r verb do the same steps but use my LH-18A1P drive and see if it goes past 6x speed.

i got this error trying to burn at 18x ive wasted 3 disc now.this is with the 18x litey.
    i even tried it at 18x on the 20x litey got the same error. so i slowed it down to 12x and it burned fine. doing the scan now..

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/18x-1.png

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok talking to myself now..lol
    got the scans of the 12x burn, on the 16x verb.meets all the requirements for a hall of fame scan over at cdfreaks.lol
    good scan but not my best by far.

Benchmark
    Burn
    scan

i still cant figure out that last error. gonna try a 18x burn again.

EDIT
    there is something funny going on here.
    i cant burn anything over 12x on any drive.
    ive just tried to burn @16x on all 3 drives i keep getting a bad media error on all 3 types of media i have tried.
    8x+r ty
    16x+r verb and officedepot disc. same error

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/clonedvderror.png
    any ideas?

EDIT Again
    i cant burn at any speed now? wth is going on? i even uninstalled my 2 ide drive unplugged them then installed again still cant burn anything with any program???

edit a 3rd time
    well i got clonedvd2 burning at 16x on my sata drive. no problem.im wondering if its the round ide cable causeing the problem. gonna change out to the old flat cable. see if that works

18. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

First off, I seem to remember reading at Freaks that Smartburn and/or overspeed was disabled for tys in the liteys.

Your additional issues are another matter. Have you tried rebooting and then a burn? What's your OS? Are you infected??

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@hobbit
    i burnt that 8x ty at 12x on my sata drive(litey) with no problem.
    ive had no problems burning at anyspeed untill today. and the only problem is with my 2 ide drives. i think it might be the new cable i got causeing thte problem. i just switched back to the cable that came with my mobo.and am actually trying a burn @ 16x on my 16x litey right now.

HMMMMM imagine that. its burning @ 16x no problems asked. guess it was this cable gonna have to get a true ata cable like LP531 stated.
    damn sam..lol
    gonna try it on my 18x litey and try to burn one of these 16x verbs at 20x with image burn. i doubt it will get up that fast though...maybe 19x???soon see
    plenty scans to come..lol

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member