1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Five finger discount no doubt lol

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yeh he stole it!!! I wanna know how he got in my garage tho!!!! He's a wascally wittle wabbit he is!! :D

Nice burns and scans there RedRob!!! It shouldn't matter which drive you scan in tho.. I try to use the same drive to scan with NO matter which one does the burning. :) For now I'm using the DH-20A3P or LH-20A1P, just depends on how far one or the other is. lol. :p

...gm

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

what they a 1/4 inch apart? or at the most 2 1/2 inches...lol
    man thats lazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

OVER ALL ITS a pretty quiet drive. until it does its spin up to do the QC in nero. then i think its louder than my litey's

like i mention'd to a colleague of mine, the wife just now getting her first full check, once we get our finace's back in good order im gonna get me that 7200S. yea i know its only $26 shipped right now but thats a 1/4 tank of gas right now.lol

ok thats way off topic dont tell on me...im sorry
    gonna try and get lord of the rings 2 and run it through dvd-rebuilder and burn with the sammy tomorrow. but i told the boys we would go to the old ballpark and hit some grounders..i got a 5yo that thinks he is babe ruth...yes he knows who the babe is.. he has watched that movie with me i know 4 times..lol opps there i go again OT...

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Nah, he's just fishin' in the Ohio River to see what floats by downstream now...

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

and i cant wait to get to the great ohio river and get a line wet...
    whats up buddy still gettin over that beating my reds handed out to them bostonians??????????/lmao

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

now tell me this isnt scary
    [​IMG]

this is after useing dvd-rebuilder on it. plus the sammy didnt booktype it either.

7. GR8DAD

GR8DAD Member

Looking for what might be causing my TRT scans to suddenly start doing this. Not smooth like they should be. It does this on all 3 of my burners and I have tried burning from 5 different spindels of 16X Verb +R's, 2 spindels of 16X Verb -R's. I thought it might be those new Verb's but is doing it on the older ones too, and yes they are all MIT. I do all of my burns at 8X-12X and I have checked if DMA is enabled and it is. These burns pause and have whites lines occasionally during playback. They score 95 on Quality Test. Any thoughts......

[​IMG]
    OLDER VERB
    [​IMG]
    NEW VERB
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  8. greensman

greensman Regular member

GR8DAD,
    There is a known issue with the TRT in the version of Nero CDSpeed you're using. It is present in the next version too but only a few different drives IIRC.

BUT the problems you described with playback are NOT consistent with the TRT scan issues.

Have you physically inspected the discs for "imperfections"?

How may burns does the ODD your using have?

Have you recently made any software or firmware changes related to what you're doing (burning)?

Have you updated your f/w for the ODD producing the burns?? NOT that it will help but a fresh f/w "upgrade" might help. Just an idea... :)

Do other MID's succumb to the same fate as the MCC 004's??

OK someone else ask some questions. ;)

GR8DAD get back with "us" and see if we can help you. ;)

....gm

9. greensman

greensman Regular member

What are you using to burn your discs? The engine that is. :p

If using IMGBURN or NERO, they should include an option that will let you set it. ;) I think there is a "setting" utility that will do the same thing. :p

.....gm

10. GR8DAD

GR8DAD Member

Greensman,
    Here's the answers to your Q's:
    1. I always check each disc for "imperfections" prior to burning
    2. The ODD has about 300 burns, no problems till recently
    3. The only changes I have made are updates to AnyDvd and CloneDVD2,
    I reinstalled all of my burning software(IMGBurn,DVDShrink,DVDFabPlatinum,AnyDVD,CloneDVD2.
    4. I have the latest f/w for this drive from codeking and have tried a few different f/w but same result.
    5. I have not tried any other MID's but will do so
    6. I usually rip to HD with Anydvd/CloneDVD2 then use Vobblanker FixVTS if needed then compress with DVD shrink and burn ISO with IMGburn.

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

GR8DAD,

This situation is very similar to what I faced a couple of years ago. hmmmmmmm....

Once you try some other MID's, lemme know (us know) what you found out. ;) I see that you've used the MCC 03RG20 and the MCC 004 MID's so far. You might give some Sony's (MIT) and some Office Depot brand (normally Ritek) a go and see what they offer.

I normally wouldn't say this but you might try some CMC MAG AM3 discs too. I know, I know it's CMC stuff but they burn fairly well and will tell us if anything is wrong with your setup. ;) Sorry to "offer" them as "test" subjects but you can normally get them really cheap. lol. Guaranteed (well almost) CMC MAG AM3's would be Ativa (office depot sells them) and Memorex (16x DVD-R's of course). I picked up some of the Ativa's for less than $20 for a 100 pack. :D They actually burn fairly well... :D

Once you get back on that I'm hoping we find some answers. good luck buddy. ;)

....gm

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ive used just about everything in my arsenol. mostly imageburn and clonedvd2. those are the main 2. i have only used the sammy about 5 times now. the first burn had it booktyped. i changed to the newer FW and it hasnt booktyped since. i did redo the FW a second time and it had the booktype box checked for booktypeing.. so i dont know i will look at each burnig software closer when i do another.

ok back to painting the boys room

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i still cant get it to bitset. these last 2 burns have been awfull.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

guess i need to flash it back to SB03 FW.outside the first burn the rest have been terrible...and this FW is the one that is the best????

even in create disc in nero it slowed everyting down. used about 80% of my CPU.????it even locked nero up i had to open another version to even do the speed test.

15. LOCOENG

Who said SB04 was the best? I'm still using SB03?

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

WHY??? lol.....

link to "best" f.w for Sammy 203B well their opinion anyway. :)

....gm

17. LOCOENG

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  18. greensman

greensman Regular member

LOCO you gave the same link that I did. :p Why are you playing with my mind?? ROFL...

....gm

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

LOCOENG,
    Hmm! With Shirley I'm thinking "Pink"! GM's not a Commie! LOL!! Let's see, what's green? Oh, "Slime's" Green! Right!! ROFLMSOAO!! Maybe we should paint him Grey and ship him to the Navy! The other guy's of course! ROFL!!

LOL!!,
    Russ

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

and now what i have burnt wont even play in my dvd player??????wtf