1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

the links that you guys have posted isnt getting me to any FW updates.all i see is scans. this has me so confused and pissed.
    i thought it had someting to do with it not booktyped. well the one that wasnt bookytyped played fine. but i think i used nero speed to create the disc.. so im doing a tes right now with my litey 20x drive useing nero speed to create disc and i will see if it plays???

EDIT:
    ok i thought it might be my 20x litey giveing me the bad disc.i did the same thing i did with the sammy, used nero create disc and got the same graph i did with the sammy with 1 exception the disc plays in my standalone.

[​IMG]

so i thought i would do one on my 18x litey(ide)
    nothing but perfection in my eyes. the create disc scan looks like it should nothing out of the norm. doing the QC scan now.
    [​IMG]
    and this disc plays fine. oh yea tehy all were set to burn at 18x. the ide drive did just taht but the sata drives wont they get the stutter step going...

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  2. greensman

greensman Regular member

samsung homepage for S203B

C0deKing f/w for SH-S203B

RedRob... I don't know what you're needing but here are a couple more links if they will help.... I gave you that patcher page to be able to do some fun stuff with your Sammy.... That drive is a pretty feature rich ODD and will serve you for years to come if you get it to perform the way you want it. :)

If you don't like it you can always send it to Shirley... :D

..gm

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i got the patcher. it s fine. but i gotta have something to patch. all the threads talk about the different patches but no links to them. i bet i spent 4 hours lastnight looking and trying different things. still i cant get it to booktype. ill give those links a look see.
    thanks

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

RedRob you get it figured out?? Does the wtf mean "What's The Fuss"??? Been trying to decipher that one... hehehe. :p

I can't believe the price of those AD-7200's right now??? Geez that's lower than I paid for them.. at least I got FREE shipping too.... :D

Hey RedRob you sending that hsf cooler for alterations???? If you do I'll include the hats this time... hehehe. Silly little ole me!!! :p

....gm

add: I'll INCLUDE some scans next time... sorry for the OT post(s) and comments. :)

5. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Rob,

You can get the stock SB04 firmware Here.

I'd also recommend that you d/l your stock SB03 from gm's link, j/i/c.

CK is no longer moding firmware for the samsungs since he developed the patcher, you do it yourself and choose which mods to apply.

Just extract the bin file, start the patcher program, open the firmware bin that you want to mod, make your selections, save the modded firmware (patcher auto-renames it, nice) and then flash your drive. Easy peasy.

When I burn, I always (in ImgBurn)check the +R status and change to DVD-Rom each time.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok i think i figured out the firmware thing. i know have SBO1 installed and it is now booktypeing. but it is still acting funny when burning heres the create disc of the latest one i did,

[​IMG]

now the QC scan
    [​IMG]

still havent figured out why it wont play in my dvd player.
    someone over at cdfreaks said its not in dma mode.... i didnt know sata drives could sli out of dma mode. if so how can i change it?

7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Well, here's what I'm getting now. 2 zeros and a 62! Think I screwed up my drive!

18X
    [​IMG]
    12X
    [​IMG]
    8X
    [​IMG]
    4X
    [​IMG]

I've never seen anything like this before. I did the 4X and tested it at 8X because they don't have a 4X for that test. Usually my quality is around 95%, but this one is 97%. I usually get those kind of results at 12X! Think it's time for an AD-7200A! And I'm sure as hell not going to flash it!

Best Regards,
    Russ

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Russ
    to be honest i think its the verbs. i havent had any luck all weekend with them on any of my drives. i dont know whats going on with them.

9. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

All of a sudden it looks like I'm having problems now too.

This is the same disc!

Scanned with my Lite-On drive:

[​IMG]

Scanned with my Sammy:

[​IMG]

Looks like my Lite-On drive has died. Have gotten the same results (or worse) with 3 different discs. Cleaned the Lite-On with a disc-based cleaner, reflashed the f/w & reset the OPC. Saw a little improvement but still had PIE peaks above 300.

Looks like I might be getting a Optiarc 7200 sooner than I thought.

10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I agree with Rob, I think it's more your media than your drives....although from what I remember the 7170, while not a bad drive, wasn't known to be great.

<<<<<<INCOMING SPAM WARNING>>>>>>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the above is pretty self explanatory....I typically burn between 16X and 20X and get better results than this. I'm about a third of the way through a pack of these newish Verbs and noticed a few shoddy scans while I was cycling through my drives the other day and since have pretty much scanned every disc since then. I always check the creation via DVDInfoPro though as I post all them at IBF along with the burn logs for LUK to ponder.

11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    I don't think so! They burn all right on the Lite-On in the eMachine. I used the last of the F-16s with the same result, yet they burn with no problem in the eMachine! I've tried a new pack of Verbs, and the result is the same!

No, I think I screwed up the drive trying to flash it. I should have left it alone!

Fortunately, the AD-7200A uses the exact same front and tray cover as the AD-7170A, so I should be able to use the Silver front from it. Optiarc says they make Silver ones, but no one seems to be selling them! I guess if the front cover doesn't fit, I could always paint the beige one Silver (that's what Optiarc does). I'm pretty good at painting them, and I have the right paint already! No lettering, and the embossing on the tray cover stands out real nice, in a classy sort of way. I may even paint the tray cover on the Asus and get rid of the black lettering there! LOL!! I know what kind of drive it is. I don't need to be told! It would look better all Silver anyway! It would go very nice with my Silver floppy drive as well! Ah well, we live and learn! LOL!!

Here's a scan I just did of the 4X I showed before. This time I'm checking it with the Asus.
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure what to make of it but it looks a good deal better!

Best Regards,
    Russ

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@hobbit
    have you tried flashing back to a older FW and see if that helps. that scan you got there does look scary...heck arent those the drives you got not to long ago?

@Loco
    those scans dont look to bad to me. you got the 1 or 2 spikes that drive your score down, but it is only 1 or 2 spikes i wouldnt worry bout that. if you had multiple spikes like that id then worry. even though IM not sold on these new verbs those scans look pretty good.

@Russ
    that last scan you did looks great. if they all look like that your golden.i know what ya mean about the flashing a drive. im no where near as good at it, as our little green fella is..lol
    i finally got the SBO1 FW for this sammy right.the scans arent much better but it is booktypeing now. i will have a scan shortly.

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    Nah! The scans are all over the place. For some reason the disc made at 8X seems to be the most stable. I'm going to make another right now and see what the difference is! I did try an interesting experiment on a DVD that kept coming up a 30 quality level. I ran the output files from DVDRB through DVD Shrink, and presto a 95! Interesting!
    8X write
    [​IMG]

BTW! What do all these spikes every 500MB apart mean on this pic?
    Create 8X
    [​IMG]

It just seems odd that they are so evenly placed!

Best Regards,
    Russ

14. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Haven't tried the reverse flash & reflash bit (actually, had forgotten that trick, thanks for reminding me!). That top scan isn't/wasn't the worse. I grabbed one that I had burnt recently when I thought of doing comparison scans. I think cleaning the Lite-On with the cd cleaner helped somewhat.

The sammy is about a year old and the lite-on is 2+ going on 3.

The sammy is my workhorse for burning, and seems golden. I've been mainly using the lite-on for scanning since I got the sammy. The lite-on has been having an issue with the tray mechanism for over a year, doesn't want to open. Have to push the button 2-3x before the tray opens. Wouldn't surprise me if it's toast.

15. LOCOENG

16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

LOCOENG,
    Thanks Loco! I had seen other create screens here and they were all in fairly straight lines. I sort of figured it was normal, just didn't know why it looked like that.

Best Regards,
    Russ

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

Told you next time I posted there would be some scans. :)

Just wanted to show you what a CMC MAG AM3 will do with some luck and a decent burner. lol. j/k... :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last one is with the NEW f/w... if you couldn't read the pix. lol. I think most of these are pretty good especially with the speed I decided to burn them at. ;) The last one the AD-7200A is gettin close to what I'm looking for... :)

....gm

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

very nice Chassinator.i noticed all 7200A wheres the 7200S at???lol
    the optaric is looking real good. you get the bugs worked out (if any) find the good FW and let us/me know friday will be here real fast and we will need the best results... ;)

im gonna do a few more burns/scans with the SH-S203B(sbo4 fw)useing the ritek disc from officedepot. RO5 and F16 both.

plus i see that you were burning at 12x with the 7200a.CK says thats the sweet spot for that drive.

on a different note.
    i kinda like RUss's thinking on painting the face of the burners to make them a solid color with no writing on it.. granted the front of my tower now looks cool with the 3 liteons in it all 3 with the same face plate. but the samsung is all black well with the dark grey writeing that ya can barely see. all black face plates would be cool

ok let me get to some burning this early morning before i take the little fellas to the park to play ball

19. LOCOENG

Looks like 1.06 is a keeper then eh GM? :) The first burn (second scan) would be good if the PIE's weren't so high.

LOCO contemplates wainscoting vs plain walls.

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

PLain Walls easier to paint and easier to paint over down the road...lol

yea way off topice dont tell on me...lmao

getting ready to do a burn with sammy
    EDIT:
    here they are.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thinki i will try some of the R05 disc

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008