1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@cincyrob
    I may have to mail you some $ to get me some - no microcenter here. For that price I wouldn't care if they fail or not.

@joeryan
    Txs for another informative post!

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i'll find out here in a few hours how they work..lol

hell the 20pc for 14.99 is a better deal than what i got...

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres the dvd identifier on those windataDL disc..not bad i guess if they are real...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R-DL:RICOHJPN-D01-067]
    Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R DL] - [DVD+R DL]
    Manufacturer Name : [Ricoh Co. Ltd.]
    Manufacturer ID : [RICOHJPN]
    Media Type ID : [D01]
    Product Revision : [067]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [4,173,824 Sectors = 8.55 GB (7.96 GiB)]
    Recording Speeds : [2.4x , 3.3x-8x]
    [ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

5. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi ;-)
    1st. If using DL, CloneCD is ideal as it keeps the original layer break. For those who don't want the trailers etc. Because protection has been removed you can once DVD is in player. Manually skip these.
    As for DL bitsetting, you may find depending on the drive that you have to set this each time (using CD/DVDSpeed).
    Some s/w like Nero or ImgBurn should/will allow this setting to be automatic.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i did use clonedvd2 to burn that with and every other time on a Single Layer disc it did change automaticlly.

here is a scan on a 16x+r verb.. gotta love these bad boys.. and yes this one was pulled from my HDD and burnt with clonedvd2.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/mydvd-1.png

7. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

say, isn't that last DL a profile of Stone Mountain outside Atlanta?? LOL! :p (Nice 16x BTW!)

On all my DL scans lately my jitter scan stops at the layer break, even if it's a good burn. Haven't figured that one out yet.

DL +Rs are booktypeable, but its a separate setting in your litey firmware. I've got my +Rs & +R DLs set to booktype to DVD-ROM and my RWs to stay as RWs.

I've been using ImgBurn to burn my DLs (Rip to HD, then burn with ImgBurn), but have just discovered that the new Nero 7 allows control of the burning speed for DLs (Nero 6 greyed out at MAX, not a good thing). Have done a couple but I also flashed that drive with new firmware so it's still learning.

I've also got a new DL scan coming where I burned thru Shrink to the DL, scanning right now. A Verb of course, I've learned my lesson until I'm shown there's a new big dog in town.

BTW, I'm now burning the Verb DLs @ 4x (max for my drives) and am getting as good or better results than @ 2.4x. Verb must have changed/improved their DL production technique.

8. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

9. cmunguia

cmunguia Member

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Why not use Imageshack and post a thumbnail of the scan instead of the full screenshot that photobucket gives you?

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

you mean like this LOCO

[​IMG]

i dont know if that isnt the same as actually posting the scan..lol who knows?

12. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

did two scans of burned dvds about 3 years old, was curious to see how they held up...

anyway here is a Verb MMC002 burned with a sony Dru-500A(remember paying like $350 for this burner..dam that was expensive, i dont know what i was thinking)
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j287/cceebb/scanVerb3yearsMCC02.jpg

brace yourself for this one Verb MMC01RG20(was able to rip this to my HDD with no errors :)
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j287/cceebb/ScanVerb3yearsago.jpg

BTW, both of these have a paper label(didn't know much back then with burning)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  13. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Yep, that is what I was talking about Rob...that thumbnail is 10X smaller than the actual .png that you are directed offsite to view.

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

OK I'm a little lost on the link and the difference between the thumbnail. If you click on the thumbnail it directs you to the full size image anyway and that's what we want to look at btw. :) Just curious on what the difference is bandwidth wise or does it matter. :D I do like seeing the preview image before I click just in case it's something that I may not want to see, LIKE most of the stats but they have something for the discerning. :p

....gm

15. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Remeber that DL of mine that was stuck on the layer break? Well, it never finished, at least it never moved off the layer break before I cancelled the scan.

I re-burnt the disk, same settings. This one "hung" also bur finally continued and finished.

Here's the scan.

And here are the stats. Note the elapsed time!

I should say this is a new cake box of the Verb DLs.

I played that DL which never completed. The movie played fine but the specials were not available on the secondary menu.

The second DL played fine, including the secondarys.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  16. greensman

greensman Regular member

hobbit that's a pretty good scan tho. One spike in the PIE's of 265 that I could see and one spike of 3 on PIF's which is impressive. :) I need to do some other burns of the Dynex DL media for comparison. YOU'LL be HAPPY with the results you're getting. lol.

...gm

17. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

18. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

How'd you like the elapsed time in the stats??

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

I thought that is was a little "excessive" if you will. hehehe. At least you get a decent scan and score over 90 most of the time. I maid a mistake and I know it but we always hope, right?? I'll be getting the real thing next time even if it isn't Verbatim. MIHK stuff is NO good and I've known that for years but I'm stubborn sometimes. :p

....gm

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member