1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

burnt on the samsung i was haven the trouble with the sata cable. looks like its fixed. burnt@18x
    [​IMG]

scan with the S203b
    [​IMG]

scan with 18x litey
    [​IMG]

very nice jitter as well

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    How are you getting yours to show Jitter? I have the same version and mine is greyed out so you can't turn the Jitter measurements on!

Russ

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Russ

here ya go Russ. only thing if your scanning with the samsung it doesnt support the sitter test.nor does the Optaric...i know you have the asus drives i dont know if they do or not.

[​IMG]

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

Oi!!!!! RedRob is here and it looks like he's got a NICE little scan to go over. :) Rob that is very nice and on one of your previously disliked media list if memory serves. :D GREAT jitter too!!!!!!!!!! :p Guess you need to go out and buy some CHEAPY CMC MAG stuff and see how she really performs..... hehehe. j/k... i can send you some.. course i charge more than the stores... :p

....gm

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea this is the only place i post now. yea that is a nice set of media i got there. them printable verbs are looking good. what amazes me is i burnt that puppy at 18x(only got up to 16.51x) i just did the scan on my 20x sata litey and got almost the same scan

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

Rob it won't always reach the MAX speed selected but I'm sure you already knew that. :p I've only had a few drives reach the full amount (allowed that is), IIRC the Sammy was one of them, the Pioneers, and the DH-20A3P... of course that's with my WEAK memory cells. lol. :p I like the AD-7200S but I haven't really put it thru the torture tests!!! <<<that's a laugh!!!!

Anyway nice scans buddy and do some more.. :) btw are those the "familiar" DVD-R printables you can get at Sam's Club?? :D

.....gm

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea the AD-7200S is turning out to be a favorite for burning.

yup thems the ones ya can get at Sams. or a good friends....lmao

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  9. greensman

greensman Regular member

what link goofy?? :p at least i added a link.. maybe the wrong one... but it was a link.... hehehe. :p

....gm

10. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah i don't see it either bro lol

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

what ya mean no link???? ive clicked on it like 10 times now????

ROFLMFAO

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Here goes an attempt to post a disc quality score for a new NEC-Optiarc AD7200S-only the second burn for the drive. The first burn was an on the fly copy of a copy and actually had a slightly better PI failure only 1 over 1 @2. also a 95 on a Ritek R16.This scan was on good media burned at 8X in Recode.
    [​IMG]
    Shot at 2008-08-02

EDIT: Thanks greensman for all the help in getting the damn drive updated with Liggy's firmware(that was exciting-Binflashy thing) and booktyping it to DVD-ROM. And for the posting recommendations.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

looks nice garmoon. i think you will really like that drive. i almost hate to say it. i think it might be my best BURNER.. class isnt out yet..lol

as for reading/ripping i think the samsung SH-S203B is my all around reading drive. i havent gotten that good of burns( scan wise on any media) and my LH-18A1P is by far the best scanning drive..

im gonna have a bunch of scans here soon. i just got this
    Transformers Cybertron The Ultimate Collection

for my sons(well me too).lol

also tried something here. ive ripped 3 of the disc at the same time different proggy's to do it. took up about 7% of the cpu. but it did seem a little slow to open up stuff/programs/internet???
    i stand corrected. i was useing about 58% of CPU.
    look at this

[​IMG]

once i get them all ripped. i will run them through dvd-rebuilder(2 passes) and burn them to some 16x-r printable verbs. MCC 03RG20
    might just burn them on the 7200S just to see how many 98-99 scores i get..lol(7 disc total)

if ya look at the programs i used. clonedvd2 was used with the sammy
    dvd decrypter(ri4m) was with the LH-18A1p and dvdfab was with the LH-20A1S.
    the sammy got done first. then the LH-20A1S then last the LH-18A1P. all 3 were started within 10 seconds of each other. the LH-18A1P took about 2 mins longer than the other 2. they finished within 30 sec of each other....
    what ya think maybe sata is faster transfer rate????

ok im done babbling off to ripp somemore then rebuilder

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Well that's interesting. I've never tried to rip more than one at a time. I should have the power to do it tho. Quality doesn't suffer?? I do have three DVD RW drives and have burned 3 at the same time with Nero. Yeah I like it so far, it replaced the Lite_On Optiarc 7191S which was also a good burner. Now I have a Litey-NEC-LG. LG-ext will read a pizza when Benq1650s farted. LOL

What's with the scans tho. I scanned that same disc from above post with the 7200 and got a lot higher PI failure# some 3-4s and more of them and got a 96 score. Someone can explain that?

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

its the way the 7200s reads the disc. it reads in 8 ECC instead of 1 ECC like the litey's do. but you can change that in nero the optaric lets you do that. it hsa the same type of reading scheme that the benQ's have/use.
    doesnt mean it is any better or worse. just how it reads. so it will take a higher spike say 4 to drop the score. a spike of 4 on a litey will get ya 90 score a spike of 4 on the optaric will get ya a 96 i think it is...

hope that explains it some...im not no expert but thats how ive interpeted in from what i have read about these test.

as for ripping at the same time. i doubt there will be any quality loss. your useing different burners and software to do them... plus im gonna run them through dvd-rebuild... actually doing the first one now....

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok i guess i talked up the 7200s to much..lol
    im getting this error on it when trying to burn. i get it in magburn and clonedvd2 says bad media. ive tried 5 different disc and 3 brands. same thing happens

[​IMG]

im trying another drive with the same disc. to see if i get the error

edit:
    useing the same disc that wouldnt burn in the 7200s is now burning in th LH-20A1S

EDIT:
    well i can use the other disc that wouldnt burn in all the other drives but the 7200s. gonna uninstall and reinstall it and see if it make a difference

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i uninstalled,then reinstalled. i think there is something wrong with it. if you go into my computer and click on that drive and try to eject it wont even do that. have to push the button on the front of the drive.
    it wont burn with any program or any disc. guess i will try the sata cable... there is something wrong with this damn board if its another cable.. i cant beleive 4 different cables will be bad.. this is ridiculious

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@cincyrob

Thanks for the heads up; that sounds right to me. Probably anything would have sounded right to me. Hate to hear you having issues with 7200. I just told greenie that everything going too good-waiting for the other shoe to drop this week. I hope I don't run into same problem you're having with mine. I'll slap the 7191s back in a sec-don't need headaches, it's Saturday! Thanks again Rob, you've also been helpful with this whole new pc thing. I did learn today that I can close the cloneDVD burns in decrypter and they are fine. Before only the external LG would work properly with closing clonedvd burns.

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i opend the case up checked the cables. its fin. i did plug it in another conector. the one the sammy was in and now it is reading the disc and letting me burn with it. i know have the problem with it as i did with the sammy plugged into this sata connector...cant keep the buffer up where it needs.

this board is garbage. ive had nothing but problems with this POS. guess i will try the esata pluggins and see how that works.

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

Rob it seems that you only have a couple of choices to look at with the AD-7200S. First would be the SATA cable or the SATA port on the mobo. :) Both concern the SATA connection. :p NEXT I would consider the f/w on the AD-7200S, maybe a fresh flash could help. ;)

What kind of cables are you using?? Are they from the mobo kit or something you bought?? I'm running out of options here buddy. Get an ASUS, DFI, or MSI... lol. j/k.... trying to start something.... hehehe. :p

...gm