1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

this is why you dont burn junk media @20x

[​IMG]

burnt on the 20x litey...isnt she lovely???

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

LIKE I said!! POS Ritek R05 media.. ROFL... :p

....gm

add: RedRob you know better when you are burning "crappy" media to use a lower burn setting. :) Try 4x, 8x, then 12x to see what it does then... you got some time... :p

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

who wants to burn slow????lol i gotta get rid of this junk some how..and how is burning fast to see what it can do...lol

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@theonejrs

All in good fun Russ, always

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2008-08-07

Here's some proof that F16s are not completely crap. ImgBurn burned the dvd on the scanning drive in the quality scan @8x. Doesn't look that pretty but still got a 95 score and would be copyable and playable w/o pixilation or other issues. LOL :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

garmoon,
    I just got a dozen F-16s from my friend to replace what he borrowed from me, brand new from Newegg. So far they go to "0" Quality immediately, as soon as the scan starts. With the Verbs, I get consistent 95-97% with the same drives! I usually wind up with about 400 PIF's! total!

[​IMG]

Best Regards,
    Russ

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Russ

I wonder why your drives are having trouble and mine don't? I've been using the OfficeDepot media for over 2 years now (2 pcs)with never any issues-both 05s and F16s. Maybe newegg is selling defective media-seconds- and OD won't put up with that. Were the bad ones you had experiences with, actually OD brand F-16s? Interesting. And not dissing newegg at all, I buy stuff there all the time-never dissatisfied! They may not know there is a problem! Also this is not the Ativa media OD also sells.

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOPE that stuff is actually good.. hehehe. j/k Garmoon... ;)

I have some of that stuff, picked it up DIRT CHEAP for give-aways, anyway, it burns pretty danged good and it's the CMC MAG AM3 stuff. ;) It even says Memorex on the TOP sticker, maybe they get it from Memorex... lol.

btw if any of you have little kiddies (RedRob and I do) the cheaper the better I say.. they're gonna have it screwed up by the 5th or 6th watch anyway.. LOL. Little buggers love to put their grubby little hands on everything.... ROFL... Even better when they leave it on the floor and push it around like it's a snow saucer or something.... hehehe. Dang kiddies....

...gm

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

garmoon,
    It started with the last 100 Ridata's I bought which were supposed to be R05s! There were 28 F-16s in the pack, and they were terrible. They say Ridata 16x +Rs on them and they came in the standard 100 cake box with the Ridata label on it. The ones I just got from my friend Frank are all f-16s, brand new in a sealed pack! I haven't had any problems with any other media! The drives work fine!
    [​IMG]

Best Regards,
    Russ

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@theonejrs

But was it Office Brand media-doesn't sound like it. Try some of the OD brand media (if available where you are) and you'll be surprised. Usually about 100 for$20US.

10. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

garmoon,
    No, it was factory media from Newegg! I also had no issues with the R05s, just the F-16s. I've been buying the Verbs since then with no problems and very good scans. Problem solved! LOL!!
    [​IMG]
    Best Regards,
    Russ

11. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Wait until they discover the joys of mangling movies on the go in the Mini-Van. a 5 hour trip will result in the demise of at least three disks.

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

Well we've done that and a 30 hour round trip only resulted in ONE disc loss. lol. I felt like a winner and even more so now... ROFL... Of course my wife runs the little ones machine and the oldest does his own. ;)

....gm

13. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

man i can't wait to use DVD Rebuilder now with all four cores a big thanks Robert!! plus i got my ram exchanged for the Corsair and its running fine at 1066MHz . next is OC(ing) the CPU , 3.4GHz here we come lol!!

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

glad it worked out for ya scott. cant wait myself to see some results from that rig...

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

In regard to my Burner problem
    This was burned on the NEC AD-7170A and scanned on the Asus E616A2 DVD Rom Drive.
    [​IMG]

Same disk scanned on the Philips SPD2413P
    [​IMG]

This was burned on the Philips SPD2413P and was scanned on the Philips
    [​IMG]

Same disk scanned on the Asus
    [​IMG]

Note that the Quality percentage is the same with both drives. Maybe I screwed something up when I tried to flash the NEC drive. Whatever it is it seems plain that the NEC AD-7170A has had it! I guess it's time to buy an NEC AD-7200A! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

theonejrs

Looks like you could use several new drives- 77 on Verbatim media is embarrassing. The NecOptiarc AD-7200S and Lite-On LH-20A1S have been great drives since I got them 2 and 5 weeks ago, not so good on the Lite_On Optiarc 7191S it's in the closet. BTW, the 7200S loves Ritek 05 and F16 +Rs. ROFLMFAO ..............:p..:)

EDit: And greensman will show you the light to flash that AD 7200 and to bitset it too. It loves TY T02s 8Xand Verb MCC 004s X16.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  17. greensman

greensman Regular member

So what are you volunteering me for GarMOONy??? :p

So you guys don't think I'm crazy with this CMC MAG talk. :) I know, wait for 10 years and see what it's like then... I'll be lucky to have the disc in 10 years let alone some way to play it. ;)

Lite-On LH-20A1S 9L09 f/w
    IMGBURN @ 8x
    CMC MAG AM3 (Ativa OD brand)
    [​IMG]

Sony/NEC/Optiarc AD-7200S Liggy's bitsetting 1.06 f/w
    IMGBURN @ 8x
    CMC MAG AM3 (Ativea OD brand)
    [​IMG]

Just so you know I did these last night and didn't pick thru the best ones. They were the ONLY ones I did. lol. The images are on a fresh HDD tho, so that might have something to do with a clean burn and scan. :D All L@@KS good to me, Jitter is NICE as well. :)

...gm

@Russ,
    Did we ever address your issues or did I forget?? If you haven't already gotten some "patched" f/w from Liggy & Dee you should. I have 2 of the AD-7170S drives and they are pretty danged good. I don't think they are as solid as the AD-7200S but close. ;)

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just when i start to think about useing my litey's less the GM goes and pops out a scan like that with some CMC MAGS...sweet looking stuff..
    what you said about the new clean HDD. makes alot of since. i guess thats why the guys over at cdf say you should defrag before burning .ISO's

i have a couple .avi's im gonna run through convertxtodvd. ill have some burns/scans shortly.
    yes im gonna use up these R05 & F16 disc.lol still have 110+..lol

GM
    is all that Atieva brand media the same coded? cmc mag a3 or is there 32 different codes on them like the ritek stuff..lol

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

AFAIK it is RedRob. I haven't purchased that much of their (Ativa @ OD) product and really don't intend too. lol. You might keep an eye out for their sales and see if they come up with anything. That's why I'm willing to try different media and see the results for myself. Plus it's fun for me. Since I didn't have a way to continue my OTHER habits I formed some new ones..... hehehe. Wifey doesn't like it tho... :p

....gm

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

LMAO

i know what ya mean...the wife asked me if i really needed all them OD disc,along with the 30 memorex DL disc.... which they have been pretty desent so far.