1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

30 memorex DL discs-I might go blind!LMAO

Edit Over and out for one day trip to cajun country-Lafayette-home- for my Mom's 88th birthday.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

garmoon,
    I only use one burner and one DVD-Rom drive, I don't believe in multiple burners. Too much heat generated doing multiple burns. I'll use the Philips for now in spite of all it's noise and vibration, and replace the 7170A with a 7200A when the budget allows! My 7170A has been used quite a bit, and is close to two years old! I've gotten my money's worth out of it, and then some!
    [​IMG]
    greensman,
    No! The flash bit didn't work out. I tried all the methods recommended and it just won't work. In fact I didn't start to have problems until I flashed the drive! I won't be doing that again!

Best Regards,
    Russ

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

CHICKEN!!!! If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!! :p

Also.... Get back up on that horsey!! lol. :p

Russ if that thing is sitting in the closet you should send it my way. I'll see what I can do with it and if nothing then nothing lost, if something then something gained. ROFL... no really.... gimme the drive and lemme have some fun.... :D

....gm

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

greensman,
    That may be true for someone that can afford throwing away ODDs, but I can't, at least not at the moment! I was getting really good scans until the last time I tried to flash the drive, and it's been giving me trouble ever since! I need to keep the drive as I need the Silver parts for the 7200! I can paint a black one but it's a lot of work to do a professional job, and I don't settle for anything less! Besides, the 7200 uses the same exact parts for the faceplate and tray cover.

Best Regards,
    Russ

5. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

I'll toss in a Ritek scan.

Heres the first burn of this media on my Optiarc 7200S. Liggy & Dee's 1.Z2 bitsetting firmware.

8x Ritek S04 066 DL +R media, burned @ 6x on the 7200S, scanned on Benq @ 6x:

[​IMG]

Not bad for a first burn, should get better.

This is Ritek's new hub-printable DL. Best printable surface I've encountered thats not a waterproof.

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

ROFL.... You can keep the parts, just send the drive. I don't want to keep it Russ, I want to see if I can fix it for you. Most people don't have the patience to recover a drive and I've only HAD to do it once. lol. It was easy actually as I'd only flashed the wrong f/w. It was at least in the same family. :)

So to clear things up. If you can send that ODD to me, shouldn't be more than about $7 with NO insurance and a smallish box. ;) I still have that AGP card to send you as well as some "other" computer parts. You know what I'm talking about. :)

Your friend,

the GM.... ;)

hobbit,

Nice DL scan there buddy. ;) I don't know if you've researched the f/w for the AD-7200S but it seems the Liggy's 1.06bt bitsetting f/w is getting better results. ONLY thing is I don't know how it does with DL media. ;) Maybe you've done some research too. :D

good to see you buddy. ;)

7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

greensman,
    I meant to ask you about that. I don't have anything AGP at all. I was looking for a PCI Vid card!

Russ

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

we have a owner,staff members,mods,addicts,ect...
    and now we officialy have our own

GM

general manager?
    general maniac?
    general murchendise mover?
    generic media?
    georgous moon pie eater????

lol just funnin

9. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@greensman

From what I read the 1.Z2 firmware is based on the 1.06bt firmware with improvements.

Here's a quote from Dee:

Originally Posted by Dee
    Change log
    [Version 1.Z2]
    DVD+R
    Removed the speedup for MCC004 (now uses stock speed and strategies)
    Removed the speedup for SONY D21 (now uses stock speed and strategies)
    Removed the speedup for Maxell 003 (now uses stock speed and strategies)
    Removed the speedup for RICOH JPNR03 and fixed the poor writing quality in 1.06
    Added CMC MAG M01 at 18x writing speed.

DVD-R
    Removed the speedup for MXLRG40 (now uses stock speed and strategies)
    Removed the speedup for MBI03RG40 (now uses stock speed and strategies)
    RitecF1 and TYG03 are still supported at the faster speeds.

Why have i removed most of the speedups?
    NEC firmware engineers have mostly got it dead right (IMO) on which media they can safely overspeed and, most 16x media is simply not able to burn with good quality at 20x.

Sounds like there is a new stock firmware in the works, 1.07, and that Dee is looking forward to working it over!

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

hobbit i remember reading that stuff before but when using that f/w it came up a bit short of the Liggy's 1.06 stuff. ;) Maybe I need to try it again and see what happens. btw LOCO is the one that found the Liggy's 1.06 as "better" burning f/w. Some research and personal use came to that conclusion. I made the same conclusion as well. NOT that the 1.Z2 isn't good. it makes sense to use it since it's based on the Liggy's 1.06 f/w. Man I'm tired with this post. LOL.

Anyway good luck to you and your drive and I'll reconsider that 1.Z2 f/w. :)

....gm

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

Well if I send you these parts you will. hehehe. ;P My bad, forgot about the PCI card. I don't have any of those. ;) Sorry buddy.

...gm

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@gm

You try that new fw on the 7200S and let me know because the Liggy 1.06 is doing jusy fine. LOL

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

Got the Lite-On iHAS120 installed and it seems really nice for a Lite-On. It's smooth and quiet which are qualities that Lite-On didn't always hit on. lol. Anyway I've got a couple of scans to look at.... :)

1st burn out of the box, of course I flashed with the newest f/w I could find. ;)~
    Lite-On iHAS120 7L0A
    IMGBURN @ 8x
    CMC MAG AM3 (ativa OD brand)
    [​IMG]

same drive
    smart burn - ON
    over speed - ON
    Nero 4.11.2.0 create disc @ 16x
    CMC MAG AM3 (ativa OD brand)
    [​IMG]

same drive
    Nero 4.11.2.0 create disc @ 16x
    SCAN @ 4x
    CMC MAG AM3
    [​IMG]

....gm

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@greensman

Since you actually will put those Ativas in you ODDs, they're on sale at OD this week for $10/50. Nothing wrong with those scans.

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

You should try them... just for fun if nothing else. ;) As you can see they scan ok and I've watched a few of them to see if they have "issues" and NONE to report.... :D btw I paid something like $17 for 100. :p Course I've only tried the DVD-R.... ;)

...gm

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i went and got some of them ativa disc to play with.Ive gotten 50 +r's and 50 -r's. Ive burnt 2+r's and 1-R so far.not all that great but as we know the litey's have that learning curve..lol and the 7200s its back to haven that issue of the buffer going wacky.

i did notice something. when using imageburn or the Nero create disc. is when i notice all the jumping around like it was doing.plus it really only does it when i try to do something other than the burn at the same time... i was in the middle of a burn with imagburn and opened Nero scan and imageburn went haywire buffer went up and down badly. its like it cant handle doing 2 things at once.. damn i thought that is what a got this CPU for to handle that stuff.
    this first Scan is of just what i stated. burning with imageburn then opened Nero scan and it went crazy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

those were on the LH-20A1S it was doing the same thing as the 7200s like i said i opened nero and it went wacky. I'm gonna do 2 burns here next. 1 i wont do anything other than the burn, then i will do the burn and try and open another program....

when i was doing that burn my system seemed slow as can be. like it was struggling to do the work.

EDIT:
    here is one i just did @12x no problems with it. even surfing the net while doing it.i dont understand why it will do it one time then not another??? maybe it is the cable???

[​IMG]

really high PIE's but the PIF's are in a good range concidering the media.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  17. greensman

greensman Regular member

Now George you drink alone because you choose too!!! hehehe. ;P

NOT to bad on the DVD+R media, M01 isn't known for producing the best scans but they do ok. lol. I'm starting to like the AM3 stuff. It's better then any of the other "off" brand DVD-R discs that I've used. Of course TYG01, TYG02, TYG03, and the MCC02RG20 do as well or better most of the time so they're still on MY GOOD list. lol. :p

Got some to post in a bit... interesting night of burning for me last night. ;)

....gm

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

im gonna do a few more of the M01's in the litey to see if they get better.i like the looks of these over the OD brand,(ritek R05/F16)

GM
    check your shoutbox..lol

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

RedRob......shoutbox checked and replied too. ;)

Ok.. did some burns on the iHAS 120 last night and it seems that it likes HT when using smartburn better than not. lol. I selected 20x a couple of times but it only went to 16x so the "limit" of the f/w or the drive itself may be hindering that speed but really NOT interested in the HIGHER speeds anyway. ;) 8x-12x is just fine for me. :p Of course going all out sometimes can be fun too.... :D

LITEON iHAS120
    all burns

Nero create disc @ 16x
    RICOHJPN R03
    smartburn on
    overspeed on
    all other options OFF

link to create disc

scan of disc above

RITEKF1
    create disc @ 20x (16x burn)
    smartburn all options ticked

create disc image

scan of disc

RICOHJPN R03
    same settings as above disc

create disc image

scan of disc

These scans show why I'm not a fan of RITEK media. lol. I know the scans don't mean much if the disc plays, but how long will it play. I'm well aware of discs going out of "play" soon after burning. I have some. lol. Princos IIRC.... :p I will say one thing, as of right now the JITTER on the CMC MAG stuff I'm using is BETTER than the RITEK media.... I guess in the end it's what works for you and how it does down the road. ;)

.....gm

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

If it plays down the road and is copyable it's a good burn IMHO even if on a pizza or an old 45 record!