1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

You're right Moony. ;) Thus the reason for the last sentence. :p

For some reason I've not had GOOD luck with RICOH/RITEK media. The only discs that did semi-well for me were the Ritek R03 discs (8x DVD+R). I think that's right... lol. I'll check to make sure. ;)

I'll say one thing too.... like I'm short for words. :D

the Lite-On iHAS120 is a smooth drive, well at least the one that I got. lol. I think it's as good as the NEC AD-7200S (well will really tell) in burning quality and just the drive being quiet and operationally "smooth" and "quiet". I don't know how else to explain it. ;) I've only read a little about them so OFF I go to find out more. :)

....gm

add:
    Here's a scan of the RITEKR03 DVD+R 8X media. ;) Pretty nice but the Jitter is a little higher than I'd like it. :p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@greensman

Just how many working X16 or higher ODDs do you have and how many are installed? How many different brands of media are at present in your house and blank. Have you sought professional help for this problem. I believe Dr Phil might be able to help! LMFAO Since you were helping me with my burner problem, it has cost me 3 shiny new ODDs and now you got a new one. I'm not following. CincyRob be careful it's catching. :) PMing greeny can be expensive. All in fun! J/K, but curious.

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

At least you admit you're sick..... hehehe. ;P I refuse too!!!!! I'm not and that's the end of it!!! :p

Ok.. how many are installed? I would have 14 but my Q6600 is waiting on a mobo. ;) So right now only 9 installed.

Media?? NO Princo or prodisc on hand. lol. :p

Let's see............... SL first

TYG01
    TYG02
    TYG03
    YUDEN T02
    YUDEN T03 (only a few for testing..)

MCC 003
    MCC 004
    MCC 02RG20
    MCC 03RG20

CMC MAG E01
    CMC MAG M01
    CMC MAG AM3

RITEKF1
    RITEK R03

RICOHJPNR03

TTH02

SONY08D1

MBIPG101 R05

DL ...........

MKM 001
    MKM 003

RITEK D01
    RITEK S04

I think that's it.... LOL.

...gm

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

someone is showing there age...lol hows it going garmoon..

guys i got a couple questions here about these drives.
    GM you know if the trouble im haveing with the 7200s with all the extra activity it is seeing when burning.. thought it might be the sata cable or the sata connector. well get this i was doing a burn today on the LH-18A1P(ide)drive. same thing started to happen... but get this. i did notice that if i did anything with the puter i mean anything. the buffer would go all crazy(device and program buffer) then it would slow way down in its burn speed.... what the hell would be causeing this??? but i am thinking it might have to do with the media. cause i dont think i havethis problem when burning verbs...

if not the media. then isnt it what a C2D cpu is supose to be made for?????? im at a loss here. any idea????

oh yea. im up to 8 burners now myself. but only 1 rig that has 4 in it.. could have 5 but i have my card reader in 1 bay...lol

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@cincy

Sounds like you need to find one that works properly. I went thru all of that in May. Feel your pain/anger.

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i think i will do just that. undo all my drives except 1 and try it in all the sata connectors and see what give me the trouble. if its the drive sata cable? the media? the speed i burn the media at? what?

im thinking myself its the cables or the board/sata connectors.
    i know GM has the same drives as me on a majority the same MOBO.(hisis better than mine,and dont say it aint, cause its true.)
    we use mostly the same media in this case were are... he isnt haven the problems i am right now with these... ill see tomorrow. i will remove some drives and work 1 at a time and see what i get.

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

RedRob if you need me to test anything for you just ask. You know what I think it is and that hasn't changed in quite some time. lol. :p

You might look at the registry and see if that's an issue as well. IIRC you changed something when you installed the Sammy. :O Honestly there isn't much else to look at after you remove a drive and change some cables besides OS, software, or mobo issue (connectors or control chip). Do you have an extra drive to stick XP on to test the OS theory?? If so get to installing. lol. ;P

...gm

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i have a small 100gb ide hdd i can slap xp on and try that. but im gonna try the drives 1 at a time first in each of the slots to check them first.... i just find it odd that it will do it when i try and open something up either internet or a program the cpu usage will go up like it should then the burn start to jump around ,well the buffers do. then when it is done it drops down to a slwo speed and finishes out.

9. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Are you using Vista now?

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

LOCO I'm pretty sure that he's using XP Pro right now. ;) I was just curious about a possible driver issue messing with his rig. ;) I think it's the mobo but only he can tell with the testing he's doing. ;)

.....gm

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

Some more testing. lol.

LITEON iHAS120
    MBIPG101 R05
    Nero create disc 20x burn
    smartburn all on

link to create disc

link to scan

not to bad for the media selected. ;)

...gm

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

actually XP home sp2. when i put in the XP PRO SP3 disc i have it wouldn't recognize my drivers for my GPU.
    here within the hour I'm gonna take out the odd's and try 1 at a time on each sata connector.

13. LOCOENG

You should try Vista SP1 Rob. Most drivers are contained in the OS and not much updating is necessary. Installing Vista took me less time for the simple fact that I didn't have to load disc after disc of drivers like I did with XP.

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

LOCO.
    so if i install vista i wont have to use my mobo,gpu disc and such???
    with the SP1 on vista do you have any problems with any of the burning software we use? and is 2gb of mem enough for vista?

check this out. i havent taken anything apart yet,i did get out a 16x+r verb put it in the 7200s set it to burn at 18x.guess what it got up to 17.99x none of the buffer problems burn speed dropping down. i didnt try to do anything else with the puter other than that burn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Rob, I'm going to buy you a huge Redsox sticker, you paste it on your case and all of your troubles will go away. Trust me on this.

16. LOCOENG

2 gigs is enough for me and IIRC I never installed my Gigabyte software. The mobo drivers are there so the only other thing I would have needed from the disc would have been the extras on the disc. I did install my gfx card and mouse software, but that was it from what I remember. TBH though I think you might just have a duff drive.

EDIT: No, I haven't had any problems using the same software I/we use on XP. I'd put it on that extra HDD of yours and dual boot, that way you can keep what you have and still try out Vista to see if you like it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

if im gonna be a fairweather fan i think i should pick a team that has a chance...lol LAA or the Diamondbacks(seeing they just STOLE dunn from us)

heres the scan of that same disc above i did on the 7200s @18x.
    im very impressed with this scan mostly cause it was burnt at 18x
    [​IMG]

so is it just the fact of the media or do i have a board problem? im gonna try another on the 7200s now and try and open stuff and see what it does with a verb in it.

LOCO. with a duel boot as you say. does it matter if 1 drive is sata and the other ide???

edit:
    man when burning at 18x you dont get much time to do anything. i wasnt able to get back to it before it finished it s burn... look at this. same movie same drive better burn.
    but while i was doing the burn again i was here typeing this useing photobucket ect.... the burn while multitasking looks like shitzu....

[​IMG]

it isstill burning now.. it went for about 14x speed,then once i got online it went wacky and dropped to 4x speed. it migh be done by tomorrow...lol once this is done i will be opening the case and doing hte 1 at a time. as its not a media problem (totaly anyway)

EDIT:
    and here it is while multitasking.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres a pic of the inside of my case now with only the HDD and 7200S plugged in.
    http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/7200SONLY.jpg

heres the scan of the burn. i did notice that with the cmcm mag M01 disc it wont let me choose t oover burn it at 18x like the verb did. look at the action going on with the cpu(iassume its the cpu. the line in the red jumping around) in the beginging its all over. then once i tried to get online it got even worse,

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/morejunk.png

im gonna shut it done and swap sata connections. its in the sata II 2 slot now gonna move it down to hte 3 slot.

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

Rob,
    You should have NO issues running a SATA and IDE for your DUAL boot system. ;)

WOW!!! It seems that multitasking is a NO-NO with your system. Cheap C2D E8400!!! hehehe. ;P You may want to take this to the PC build thread or start a new thread to get more ideas. I'm NOT the best when it comes to this but it seems that your CPU or RAM is NOT acting right.. OF course it could still be your mobo and your SATA/IDE controllers.... Thus the NEED for some other input. You might even look at the other forums you visit for other ideas and you never know, one of those people could have had the same issue. ;)

good luck buddy. :D

....gm

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i moved the cable to the slot just below the one it was just in, in that pic. same results once i try to do something else.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/somemorejunk.png

i wish clonedvd2 or dvdfab had something like the create graph to see what it does when burning with them programs.
    im gonna try 1 more slot but with a different cable.

i dont think its the E8400 or the mem. its the junk board they are attached to...lol