1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

Well I guess the wife is LOL again... :p I'm thinking.... send me the ODD's, Sammy the case (so he'll have something decent....hehehe), Russ the HDD's cause he needs more storage, Will the fans, and the garbage man the MOBO!!! That about sum it up???? hehehe. :p

Sorry NO sympathy from the GM today... ;)

.....gm

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok studying the graph a little closer.
    the red line at the top is actually the buffer speed/useage.
    the green line at the very bottom is actually the cpu useage.
    i allways thought it was the other way around... duh heres my sign.

moved the cable to slot 01 right under the HDD cable. still the same result along with a differenet cable.i did not try and multi task on this one. but once it reached around 12x speed it went crappy again, buffer went nuts im thinking this is cause of the media here. once this one is done im gonna try a verb.

here is where its plugged into now.
    http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/slot01.jpg
    here is the create disc shot of it.
    http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/slot01-1.png

im actually doing a scan of it now and see what it looks like.

if it is actually the buffer trying to find a good speed to burn these disc at i can live with that, but i dont think that is it. think there is more to it,,
    so far the scan looks scary.
    gonna try that verb.

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

oh you running low on drives??lol
    Sam wouldn't know what to do with a case like this.
    will don't have anymore room for fans.
    Russ he might need the 250gb of space...lol

think it might be RMA time. see if i can get a GA-P35-DS3P
    I'm not even gonna finish this scan. going straight to a verb now

EDIT:
    OK i put everything back together.i have all the sata cables in the same location not scattered around on the connector.
    slapped a R05 into the 7200s set it for 16x and burnt away. got this here
    [​IMG]

I'm running the scan of it now.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You can solve your problem by NOT multitasking! 1st rule in burning DVDs 101. I'm sorry I'm a bad person and I couldn't resist. No much sympathy here is there LMAO Just glad it's not me today. I could pick out a lot of others to wish it on tho-incoherent thread!

Edit:On a serious note, I have never used that speed thingy in Nero. Do you think that could be causing a problem? Is that running during the burn. My version is 4.11.x.x in Nero 8. Does it happen it you write DVD Files rather than an ISO?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thanks garmoon..lol
    oh i know if i dont multi taks it wont havea problem. but damn thats what i built this rig for is to be able to to that....

as for the create disc with nero it only does it with ISO's
    guess for now until i get another board or what not. ill just stick to reliable clonedvd2..

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I know this isn't a quality scan but it just to cool not to post DVD Rebuilder running all four cores. this baby is flying the movie is 7.5 gigs and i think it going to be under 30 mins i will post the time when it done. so there is your reason to do a quad-core Robert!

[​IMG]

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

Got a few more for perusal. ;) The important thing is to L@@K at the burn speed. :) I forgot to slow the TYG02 down to 8x and it burned at 16x. ROFL... L@@K at the scan... WOW!!! btw this drive is becoming my new favorite. lol. I don't like the SPEED burn on MCC 004 but the other seem very good indeed. I need to try some 8x and 12x burns to see what it does at those speeds. So far it really likey TY stuff. :D

RedRob have a look at those Create disc graphs. ;) I'll do another one and make sure I do some surfing and what not to see what happens. :p

All burned on the LITEON iHAS120
    Nero 4.11.2.0

CMC MAG AM3 Create disc 16x

[​IMG]

MCC 004 Create disc 20x

[​IMG]

TYG02 Create disc

[​IMG]

...gm

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

see that just pisses me off. this board is garbage. im contacting gigabyte today for a RMA. they have to do something to make this right. this board cannot handle this cpu thats it.....

ok here is a new .ISO i just did. didnt do any multi tasking either.

look at the buffer % a range of 8-94% what is causeing the buffer to drop so low? is there a settng to help control the buffer ?

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/16cam3.png

will ad scan shortly

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Greeny
    is your iso's you use to burn on the same hdd as to say your internet/burning apps?

i was just handed some good info. that if the iso and everything else is on the same hdd and trying to multi task like i am and most everyone else. the hdd cant keep up thats why the buffer drops the way mine does.

so if the iso is on another hdd and internet is on a different one then it wont effect the hdd that is useing the iso.

makes sense to me...
    now i know i need another hdd lol

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yep!! <<< that's the short answer.... lol

You know that I have a few HDD's in the E6850 rig so the "bulk" of my ISO's are on storage drives NOT the OS drive. ;) Remember I have 2 320's and 1 750 in the E6850 rig. Of course 1 of the 320's is for the OS so the other 2 HDD's are the storage drives. :)

....gm

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Cincyrob

What are you backing up your files to if you only have 1 HDD??? I don't notice any drop off in write speeds when burning dvds and surfing altho I don't do it often and all files and programs are on the one OS drive.I have external for backup, but haven had a chance to get a second internal HDD because greensman makes me buy ODD drives every month. LMAO

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i think ive solved my problem then. i need another hard drive to store my ISO's on and give it a whirl...lol
    as far as backing stuff up. i normaly do it all on the fly disc to disc. i do get my best results that way. but if haven another hdd to rip to and the nburn from there then i might have to try that.

might have to disconnect my 18x litey and use that long ide cable on the 100gb hdd i have and put it in sideways as for i have no empty slots in the front bays. see if that will work. that will be my project for tomorrow.lol

13. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Rob when are you going sata? good luck with that mobo , you been though the mill with it.

BTW my time on DVD Rebuilder was 30 mins flat and that was a 7.5 gig movie , pretty good i think

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOW that's just wrong!! I may have driven you to drinking but you make the effort to push the BUY button NOT me.... hehehee. :p

It's fun ain't it garmoon?? :D btw you gotta get the LITEON iHAS120 <<<< did I say that????? :D

....gm

add: HDD's at the EGG

15. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I'm looking at HDD also I'm going to add one!

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ZOSO
    i havea 250gb sata drive now. guess im gonna have to find some pennies and get me another. 500gb for sure.

30 mins for 7.5gb movie that is sweet.
    like i told GM the other day in a few months when i plan to get my new board if the prices of the Q9450 are down like i think they will be i might just have to "hit the buy button" as someone says here...lol

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

greensman

That's all I need a link to relatively cheap HDDs. OMG. LOL

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@cincy and greeny

I just tried a Nero Create Disc Scan and burn of ISO: I take it this is what Cincy's looking for. I don't think it can be better? Novice to this one. Edit: This was done with cable disconnected from the internet and just watching. On the Litey LH-20A1S.

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2008-08-13

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

moony you need to d/l the settings utility and turn on ALL the features. ;) linky to utility

...gm

add: CDF page to explain utility... link

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Ok I'll bite why do I need to do that? I have smart burn installed?

OK I downloaded LiteOn setting utility but it doesn't allow me to set the booktype. it was set with the book tyope utility I downloaded and also smartburn. I have now deleted booktype utility and settings utility and smartburn. If need be i'll roll back to yesterday and have evrything but settings utility. So let me know what to redownload. I'm going to bed!lol