1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

garmoon the settings utility is basically a combined effort of smartburn and the booktype utility. ;) If you notice when you open it up it allows you to choose the tab of interest. ;) ONE of those tabs is the bitsetting (book-type) tool. :D Go to the page from CDF about the utility for MORE definition on the utility. :p

It's easier, that's all I got to say bout that!!!

....gm

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

RedRob,
    I did one surfing but the scan is good I think. I forgot to use Nero Create Disc when burning. lol.

RITEKF1 all of them. ;)

IMGBURN @ 12x
    iHAS120

[​IMG]

same same... lol

[​IMG]

Nero Create Disc
    16x burn

Create Disc while surfing

that's one of the best scans I've seen with the newer RITEK media. ;) oh and btw I was surfing and I opened Everest just to see what it would do. :) [​IMG]

...gm

edit: fixed link i hope. ;)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  3. greensman

greensman Regular member

RedRob,
    I did one surfing but the scan is good I think. I forgot to use Nero Create Disc when burning. lol.

RITEKF1 all of them. ;)

IMGBURN @ 12x
    iHAS120

[​IMG]

same same... lol

[​IMG]

Nero Create Disc
    16x burn

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/greensman4/wRITEKF1_iburn_12x_iHAS120_scan.png

that's one of the best scans I've seen with the newer RITEK media. ;) oh and btw I was surfing and I opened Everest just to see what it would do. :) [​IMG]

...gm

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

the quality scan from the 7.5 gig DVD Rebuilder backup that took 30 mins. this quad-core OC(ed) is smokin fast!!

[​IMG]

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Didn't we try telling you that a while back when you were experimenting with the simultaneous burning? Surely simply surfing the internet isn't taxing the HDD more than burning a movie...

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i have the 100gb hdd in now. formating it right now.

its a small seagate 100gb 8mbcache hdd. so its not all that fast. if doing this does make a difference what i will do is take out that newer(about a year old) segate 250gb 16mb cache that i bought for my HP system and put it in here until i get me a sata hdd.
    ill just clone the 250gb hdd to the 100gb hdd and put it in the HP system..lol highway robbery...lol

GM you know how the HDD's are in our case. i had to take the longer ide cable and run it behind everything to the hdd tray. so for now i dont have the 18x litey hooked up..dang i took out my best scanner..lol i might have to get me another one of them PCI cards with the ide addaptor to run this hdd.

EDIT:
    yea might have slipped my mind in the middle of all them burns..lo
    well i know it dont take much CPU usage to burn, but it might be more of a strain on the hdd seeing it is useing it for all the info it gets to burn. and the internet isnt really useing any hdd other than storeing cookies and such. as far as i know that is...

bout 2/3 way done formating

7. LOCOENG

Is that Vista you are putting on there....just anxious to see how you like it.

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

no right now im just cleaning it out and useing it for storage.
    that link you gave me is if i intend to have 2 OS on the same hdd not 2 seperate hdds.

well it seems to be working to an exstint. im surfing right now and burning and its not falling on its face like before. but the buffer is droping like before. but i was told that was normal. as is to have the buffer stay high at all times like in GM's burns. it burnt at 16x that i set it at with no problems well got up to 15.58x

way better than before... i dont kow what hte CPU usage is for in there??

[​IMG]
    running scan now with the 7200s. then i will scan with the LH-20A1S(man allready miss the LH-18A1P)lol

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

9. LOCOENG

That is the one I used for installing my setup on two drives...just skip the partition shrinking step eh?

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

when i swap out the 250gb for the 100gb hdd i will give that a try.maybe tonight when i take it to work with me.

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@greensman or LOCO

I downloaded the LiteOn setting utility. I put in a folder with smartBurn and Booktype Utility for LiteONs. Do I need all 3 programs or does the settings utility have them(BT and SB) also? I have opened SU and seen the 1st tab for setting the smartburn and three others. Why do I want to burn faster than the media? The 2nd booktype tab opens but there is nothing active that I can click on-greyed out except for the blue 3 types of DVD+ discs. Maybe the link GM gave me was corrupted. Does anyone have another site for DL setting utility. I'm going to try the one I have again. Does it make any difference where I put the setting utility? I may be putting it in the potty soon because everything is working fine w/o it. LiteOn techs write some screwy apps for their burners. QSuite for BenQs was easy and worked from git go. The liteon is already booktyped to DVD-rom for +R and +RDLs with Imgburn. The NEC 7200 and old LG 2166 have never been a problem! It doesn't matter too much since I use the Litey to read and the NEC to write. LOL

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

garmoon just so you know the Settings Utility only works for the LITEON drives. ;) I'm sure you know that but I had to say it. :p

I was just trying to give you something easier to use and that had BOTH utilities in one little app. :p Obviously I didn't make it easier. LOL. If you are gonna run the Settings Utility I would do away with the others. JM2ยข on the deal. :D

hth.....

....gm

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah I knew it worked with the Litey and it's the only one I've tried to use it with. LMAO But I tried a new version DL same results-no ability to bitset in the booktype tab-BUT that matters not since the LO lh-20A1s drive is bitsetting them to DVD-Rom anyway.I'm going to stick with burning at X16 and X8 with my TY T02s, since I get usually no drop in buffer at that speed. So the only reason you advised me to DL the program was the all in one feature. That makes since and I will delete the folder with smartburn and booktype apps and use settings utilty. I'm anal in that I want to know why I'm doing something. Your instructions have not been confusing and so far I'm not confused past the normal senior moments I have! LOL I have been disappointed in the fact there has been a dearth of decent movies I want to even back up. They should use some of the money spent on DRMs (totally useless) and make some good movies that I could be excited about the DVD releases there of!

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

garmoon I've had no issues with the NEWER utility. ;) I say use whatever you're comfortable with and what works. :)

here's a little scan.... GOOD for the media.... I'm still not a RITEK fan but the iHAS120 seems to like them. lol. :p

[​IMG]

...gm

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

whats that a midget movie????lmao

looky here at this puppy. fresh off the 250gb ide hdd.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

yea you see taht right 18x burn with under 150 PIF's smoken

i didnt put a OS on that drive yet. that will be my weekend project.

now get to burning some real movies... ;)~

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

NO but it's for my midgets!! :p

Yeh I saw it!! Doing a 20x burn right now!! :p

You're giving me crap about burning a real movie and you're not even dealing with a real HDD... hehehe. :p

back in a few minutes with a 'new' burn and scan.... :D

.....gm

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@cincyrob

get back to us when you find that new release "real movie."

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

how new do you want it to be????lol

got a couple here that needs to be slapped on to a disc.

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

I meant a few hours. lol.

iHAS120 all burns and in this case scans too!! RedRob you were right about the Jitter test. ;) I'll use the 20A1S next time. :p

MCC 004
    20x selected and burned

create disc

[​IMG]

MCC 004
    16x selected and burned

create disc

[​IMG]

I'm NOT real impressed with this batch of MCC 004 discs. They are MIT and have the old label but they don't burn like some people get them too. lol. They burn fast but NOT as well as some other media. ;) I'll try them at 12x and 8x tonite if the chance presents itself. lol. :p

...gm

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Greeny
    when i was at cdfreaks. in the liteon thread.that drive paticurly. all the scans were looking like the ones you have just posted.
    codeking is to be working on a FW update for it.

getting ready to do a "new release of a real movie"...lol

gonna use clonedvd2 for this one.(vob files)

heres something new(damn its allways something new with me aint it)
    i used the sammy to do this burn(SH-s203b)burnt fine shows all info in nero cd/dvdspeed test.except when i try t odo the QC scan the start button is grayed out i cant click on it..i take it out and put in another drive. its fine.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008