1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Nice....but you should be booktyping those for increased compatability.

2. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

They are book-typed to DVD-ROM, I checked, it's just not being shown in the logs or stats.

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

OK...all mine usually show the correct booktype info under disc info on the scan screen. You should be happy with those.

4. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi ;-)
    ImgBurn will by default bitset automatically.
    [​IMG]

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@cincyrob
    A little late but Happy Belated B Day :) Hope you had a good one!

@hobbit112
    How much were the Verbs?

6. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

@binkie7

A little pricey but I couldn't resist. $39.99 + tax for 15 ct cake box. I got the cake box simply for testing purposes (I prefer the printables). I think (hope) these will be the new printables, but I kind of shudder when I anticipate the cost (over $3 per disc?). But if the price is there, TY might jump into the fray which would drive the cost back down(hopefully).

I think I'll try and do some overspeed burning on these discs and see just how far (and if) I can push the recording speed.

7. XxRUINSxX

XxRUINSxX Regular member

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well here is another one of the windata DL burns. not good at all. havent had a good one yet. dont think im gonna get a good one either. it plays fine right now but how long will it play???

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/DL2.4x.png

broke down and got clonecd also and used it to burn this one. had to give it a try adn see how it does with the break.

allmost have the entire slysoft collection.lol anydvd clonedvd2 and clonecd.. thank god for slysoft.

just looked at my other 2 DL scans they are way better than this one.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  9. c1c

c1c Regular member

I have a question.....Does it matter when you burn a disc if your external burner stands flat or vertical with the provided stand?

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i dont have a external drive so i cant really say one way or another, but i'd say if it comes with a stand you should use it the way it is designed for...

i converted a file that was AVI into VOB(video_ts) when converting it said it was gonna be 4.31gb, once the burn was done it was only 1.30 gb's dont look like anything is missing from it, the boys are watching it now.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/98-1.png

yup burnt on the good stuff..lol guess i should link this in docTY's thread...lol

11. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Interesting question on the external. I have one but dont have an answer. Personally I think it would burn better/more consistant in the vertical position. The disk is spinning in a vertical position and gravity isn't distorting the disk. I have no proof of this but seems plausable to me! :p

12. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

My Plextor and litey both came with stands to set upright or set regular. I had them both upright for a while and I didn't see any difference quality wise or operational.I just felt more comfortable with them sittin down so they didn't conflict with alphabets sig.Chris

13. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

when you guys do you quality scans are you burn and reading in same drive?
    my dam pc burns e drive and will only test in d drive?

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

born2ride,
    What are your drives? That may give us a clue as to why one will scan and the other will not. :) I'm guessing the drive that won't scan is not supported with a scanning program. :D Let us know your drives make and model, that might help. ;)

As far as scanning goes: all of my drives will scan but I don't trust the Pioneer DVR-112L yet. They scan similarly to the BENQ but as most of us know the Pioneer drives have never been known as a scanning drive. ;)

hth........

...gm

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

myself Yes i burn and scan with the same drive. i have 2 liteon drives SHW-160P6S and the LH-A1P i can rip with one and burn with the other and scan with both. in any order it dont matter which one i use to do which ever i want.

here is a scan i just did on a 8x+r TY burnt at 8x on the LH-18A1P and the scan done on that same drive.

STATS

SCAN

less than 15000 pie's and best of all less than 70 PIF's.
    best scan in a long time just missed that 98 this drive is really getting to like the 8x+r TY's now... guess i never really put enough in it to get to know the media......

Greensman where ya at??? hows that tourney??????

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  16. greensman

greensman Regular member

I'm here just look at the post above yours. :p hehehe.

Oh it's going ok but I'm TIRED. :) The last 4 (four) days I've put in about 55 hours and tomorrow brings a 5-6 hour day I'm sure but it's the last day, PRAISE GOD!!! Let's just put it this way, since Monday I've put about 80 hours in on mowing grass, weedeating, setting pins, and messing with my CURSED irrigation system. LOL. You asked so blame cincy for this post. hehehe. :)

....gm

Sorta on topic! After today maybe I can do more than just post in the various threads I frequent. LIKE a scan or two. Been dying to do some burns and scans. :D

17. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Oh MaSHITa batman!

gm, you need to zonk out until you wake up! Then we know you are semi-human again!

b2r, I burn & scan on same drive, only issues I have with that is time duration between burn & scan.

18. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

greensman ,cincyrob,hobbit

i had to get some sleep. here, the drives
    d: SONY CDRWDVD CRX310S this one will burn and scan
    e: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H31N this one burns and no scan. i use this one for almost all my burning.

which one is better? neither right:p....
    they came with my dell.

can you get accurate results burning on one and scanning on other?

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@ born2ride
    from what ive read, and just did a little search the HL-DT-ST will not scan it isnt compatible with the scanning software.(nero) HL(stands for Hitachi-LG) which i know LG isnt compatiable with the nero scan test. not 100%sure about the Hitachi but i'd say the same goes for them also.

the HL-DT-ST(hitachi-lg data storage) is about a generic cheap drive they put in all factory made systems...doesnt mean they arent any good there is just much better drive that dont cost that much. when i say not that much i mean good quality drives for $28-35 cant beat that..

as for burning on one drive then scanning on anotherill show you the same scan i just did up above, i did that one on my liteon LH-18A1P burn and scan... i will take that disc and scan it on my liteon SHW-160P6S and then post that scan..

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

here is the rescan of the 8x+r TY on my SHW-160P6S same score still just missed that 98 and i have only had 3 (98) scores on that drive. there is alot more PIE's but still under 100 PIF's, very nice scan.
    other than the 2 different drives maybe reading the disc a little differently not much change from which one i burned with and which one i scaned with.. granted both drives are Lite-on's might have something to do with it also...

Lite-on SHW-160P6S

here is the same disc on my LH-18A1P

LH-18A1P