1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

First off.. sorry for the OT creaky and others.... if someone has had some luck with these IDE PCI cards please chime in. ;)

O-man7 I wouldn't fear flashing that PCI card but flashing a mobo can be a bit tricky as creaky has already mentioned. ;) You should be able to find a BIOS for the PCI card on the website and if not then you might consider purchasing another one for a few bucks. ;)

Some cards that I would consider.... ;) linky

....gm

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Gm, YOU are the man. And I think im in love with ROSEWILL. Very detailed specifications! Wish I could say the same for startech. Oh well... I guess this one goes in the bin for future ebay lot, LOL.
    One of the devices you referenced specifically said "Warning:RC-200 is design for hard drive only and can't work with DVD ROM." So it recommends RC208 model. I think I have a winner! :D GM... YOU have a wonderful day, and THANK YOU THANK YOU.
    Sorry about off topic, IM DONE HERE.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here is a verbatim +R 16X burned at (Selected 24X, No 22X option) on the LG-GH22NP20. Please disregard previous problematic ide card trouble, as this drive is attached to onboard ide controller (NON problematic). The speed never exceeded 21.8X, burn completion 4:30sec. Not too bad. A bit noisy, noticing the tray is a bit flimsy too, :( And apparently my LH-20A1H (connected to Problematic card) is able to READ at 4X!
    Rather disappointed with neweggs organization. Still my fault for lack of research, but I would have boughten the appropriate card had there site been a little more organized. When running through links, it shows ONLY ONE pci-e 1X card for ide. But running an actual search yields multiple. NOTED, for future ref!
    [​IMG]
    EDITED - for spelling, what else? LOL

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  5. greensman

greensman Regular member

Just messing around and "dug" some oldies but goodies out of the closet to see how they performed. ;) First one is on the iHAS120 at 8x and the second is on the AD-7200S at 16x. :D Both scanned on the 20A1S. ;)

YUDEN T02 (TY DVD+R 8x)
    IMGBURN 8x
    [​IMG]

YUDEN T02
    Nero CD 16x
    [​IMG]

iHAS120 Nero CD 16x
    YUDEN T02
    [​IMG]

I'm gonna have to burn some more to really see how these drives like the "good stuff". I'm NOT impressed with the iHAS on the good stuff right now, but it does perform well with the "lesser liked" media. lol. :O I will say this.. the Sony/NEC/Optiarc AD-7200S drive is a good one!!!! If you can get one or more (lol...:D) then do it!! I have 2 and they are great drives. :D

...gm

...gm

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I'm not positive but I believe, that this is the BEST TYG03 burn that I have seen to date. VERY agreeable! Burned at 8X on my new LG. :D [​IMG]
    Something itching in the back of my mind, tells me that dvd drives firmwares are still not optimized for these babies, :)

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

gotta find something to burn.. got a scan itch that need scratched..lol

i got the 7200A and 7200S. im not to sold on the 7200A yet... gonna give it some time. but i might have to find another 7200S...lol

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

I sold my AD-7200A a while back to Morty when they were hard to find. I'm sure he had a fit when they were going for $21.99 delivered. lol. I have a NIB AD-7200S and iHAS120 just begging for a home.... I've got to get busy with my puters and quick messing around with work and the kiddies.. hehehee. j/k.. you can have the work but the kiddies are TO MUCH fun!!!! :D

...gm

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Look no further for a home for that AD-7200S. My Asus finally died completely and I need another drive badly. PM or e-mail me.

Thanking you in advance,
    Russ

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

sweetness robs! Thanks for the tidbit. Wish mobo flashing was that easy :(

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@rob

I think I'll pass on new firmware my 7200S's doing fine with 1.06!!

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thats why im not doing my 7200S. just my 7200A

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

tried flashing my 7200A to the 1.09 FW.. ikept getting this error.

[​IMG]

this is with the liggy 1.09 bitsetting and the
    AD-7200A 1.09 original FW.

GM this is what i was talking about on the phone,

also got a scan from the 7200A after i reflashed it with the 1.06bt fw. burnt at 20x(got upto 17.?) will have the scan and the create.

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

Rob is this the link that you used for your d/l? ;) Make sure you chose the correct one and go from there. ;) You know how to read but sometimes the mind plays tricks... ROFL. :p

That should be for the AD-7200A and flash right away. I'm sure if there is some "problem" with the f/w they will post it quick enough. You are using the binflash thingy right?? ;)

Ok the GM is off to mess around and see about flashing some of his drives and do some checking. :)

Scan away my friends.... :D

....gm

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

this is the one i used

im gonna try that one you linked to now.... thanks

same error with that link. gotts me baffled

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  17. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Rob,

You need to use the 1.46 version of binflash. Here's the linky for it.

Also, use the drop down arrow and make sure you have the right drive chosen. On mine, I have 2 to choose from, 1 with the drive letter assigned (the correct one) and 1 with the master/slave configuation(?).

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

RedRob the only things that I can think of is there is a problem with the f/w you have on the drive or you are mistaken about which drive is which. Make sure your AD-7200A is the E: drive as indicated in your screeny. ;) I'm not sure why it won't flash if it's not 1 of those 2 things. I would use the link I provided as well. ;) Region free and all. :D Have you seen anything in the CDF forums that might relate to your issue?? I haven't been there yet as I'm watching the kiddies play Nerf N-strike on the Wii. ;)

hth buddy.... ;)

@Russ.... I think you misunderstood my statement somewhere earlier.. I'm NOT selling one of my AD-7200S drives.... lol. I'm needing to install it in the Q6600 machine... I have an iHAS120 as well. :D Sorry for any confusion there buddy. ;)

...gm

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

you the man hobbit. i was useing a older version of binflash. used the one you linked to and it worked perfect. thanks... gonna do a burn with it now. disc to disc on the fly.

and heres the first burn/scan with the new FW.1.09
    [​IMG]

20. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Same thing bit me, so I decided to read the instructions. LOL!