1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

Another case of RTFM!! hehehee. :) At least RedRob had the correct f/w... ROFL... I just clicked on the link that I gave him and it was for the A and I needed the S.. :D Well it won't let you flash the S with the wrong f/w... THANK GOODNESS!!! ;) Russ you hush... :p

Anyway burning the first disc right now. ;)

HOBBIT, Gotta do some checking on a couple of old drives... I'm not sure about these things but I'm doing research and what I can. :) Sorry it's taking so long. ;)

...gm

2. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

gm,

Good luck with them. I've got these 7200s with new f/w to play with and an iHAP322 to swear at for now!

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

As you wish, LOL. Heres a TDK Cd-R burned at 24X by the LG-GH22NP20. What speed should one scan a cd-r at on a lite-on? LOL, what do do you think of that score Garmoon? :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  4. greensman

greensman Regular member

It's late.. lol. I'm going to bed. :p

AD-7200S Nero Create Disc 8x
    [​IMG]

Ad-7200S Nero Scan
    [​IMG]

AD-7200S IMGBURN 8x
    [​IMG]

...gm

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ha ha! I wonder if this drive had a bad flash in the factory. Makes sense to me. Only logical explanation. A firmware flash has solved my problem!!! Dvd-R closed Dvd-R Well... MAYBE this drive will grunt me some discs after all.
    Not too bad a burn either (good actually). Though I get the feeling the Opti7200A would yield better, given what these are(PREMIUM TYG02)
    I'll run a more extensive test next.
    [​IMG]

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here is a speed/quality run for the iHAP422 TYG03(Watershield) media. Not as bad as I expected it to be. I'll run a 22X burn in the morn, VERY tired. Gotta get ready to drive to the city, for new yrs, :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

It doesn't count, you have to throw out the highest score anyway. The reason it doesn't count is it's a CD-R! An Egyptian Scribe can replicate a CD-R LMAO

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL, TOTALLY kidding. Heres a 22X burn on 16X TYG03 Watershield, via iHAP422. NOT too bad. Actually im somewhat impressed. Poor thing sounded like it was doing transwarp though!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i wonder if meritline is like SMS when ordering valueline media? you might get 8x media that you requested or you might get 16x media when ordering valueline?

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

SMS accidently sent me 16X (TYG02's)if im not mistaken. Not positive. I have those on my HOLD shelf for experiments, Quick jobs, etc. :D

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres a verbatim +R 16X @ 16X. LOL, the burner had NOTHING to do with the quality! All of my burners yield similar results. Infact the 7200A yields better on average. Back to the drawing board Lite-on. Your LH-20A1H is an awesome model. Continue with that route, LOL :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

16x TY's are either YUDEN T03 or TYG03. ;) The TYG02's are DVD-R 8x. :D Both are fairly good discs so don't shy away from either one. :)

RedRob,
    I'm not sure about the chance of getting 16x media. I think if they say you're getting 8x you should get it. :) I do know at one time you could get either one from SMS tho. :p

...gm

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

My bad. Your correct GM. I just tested it to be 100% sure. Though I dont recall the quality being As rough as the watershield 03's. Kinda strange huh. Happy new year buddy. Gotta go to the big city. Partying with Big Sis, and Big bro, :D
    Happy new year all!

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:TYG02]
    Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
    Manufacturer Name : [Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.]
    Manufacturer ID : [TYG02]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]
    [ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

200 of these lovely puppy's just got here...getting ready for the first burn,,,,

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yeah for RedRob. lol. I just checked and mine won't be here until 1/5/2009... what's the deal with that?? :p It's not like the GM needs them right now.. but I like having 1000+ in stock at all times.. ROFL.... NOT really just acting like the docTY use too... hehehee.

Happy New Year wishes to all!!!

...gm

[​IMG]

16. bratcher

bratcher Active member

You'll like them. I get great burns on both the Samsung DVD burner in my computer as well as a Magnavox DVD recorder thats hooked up to my cable DVR. I bought 600 of the hub inkjet printable version last time. They are awesome!!

17. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Well the ups man dropped this off yesterday from newegg after having
    no luck with the LG 22X Model GH22LS30 & the Lite-ON 20X Model iHAS120-04 they both was garbage they was burning real slow on all speeds wasted 3 discs on both drives:( and reading slow also..they both did'nt have(Dvd-Rom Access Time)that makes a different loving this Lite-on 20X DH-20A4P-04-oem this model has it (Dvd-Rom Access Time 130ms & Cd-Rom Access Time 130ms ) I suggest this drive to buy here's my second burn with it and it's real quit also..Ordered another 2 day for $20.99 free shipping:)

don't care to much for the Pie factor but it will take time for the burner to use to the media..
    [​IMG]

lite-on Lh-18a1p
    [​IMG]

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok all heres my first ever 8x-r TY on the 7200A(or any other drive)
    not a bad scan even with the 7200A. scan looks better with the litey scanning it...gonna do a couple on the 7200S and the LH-20A1S.

Litey scan
    [​IMG]

7200A scan
    [​IMG]

same movie but burnt on my LH-20A1s. very nice....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  19. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

OK, my turn. I have several.

The first is an MBI 8x DL burned @ 4x on iHAP322 via ImgBurn, Scanned @ 4x on iHAP322:

[​IMG]

Maxell 8x burned @ 8x on iHAP322 via Nero 6, scanned @ 4x on iHAP322:

[​IMG]

TY 16x Waterproof burned @ 4x on Optiarc 7200S via Imgburn, 4x 20A1H Scan:

[​IMG]

Same disc scanned @ 4x on iHAP322:

[​IMG]

TY 16x Waterproof burned @ 8x on Optiarc 7200S via ImgBurn, 4x 20A1H Scan:

[​IMG]

Same disc but scanned @ 4x via iHAP322:

[​IMG]

I previously reflashed my Lite-On LH-20A1H drive with a refresh of the LLOD modded firmware. Don't think it helped much.

I think my 20A1H drive is failing, any opinions?

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

You might look at a fresh flash for those drives. I think there might be an issue with SATA compatibility. I have the iHAS120 and it's been a great performer and quality burner for the most part. I think that Omegaman7 has the new LG and he seems to like it well enough. You might see if he has some "patched f/w" for the drive. Did you return the drives or are they setting on the shelf? If you still have them I would consider trying them again. It's worth it if you ask me. ;)

Did you have the drives connected to a SATA card or to the mobo? You should be getting good speed with burning and reading. If you can give us more info that would be great. I just don't want you to leave something on the shelf or bad mouth it if it's something that can be fixed. Hope that makes some sense. ;)

....gm